SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#455947 - 08/10/18 06:19 PM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Dnj]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
I guess I missed all the action--whew!

I too want Casio to succeed, with GEM and Technics gone, the more alternatives the better! Maybe I could draw my own conclusions about the sound, interface, keybed quality--IF I could actually find and play one of these boards in a store.

The Casio MZ-X500 has been out for at least a year. I've never seen one in a store.
Nor have I seen the Roland E-A7, or any Ketron product. Internet sales are undercutting the costs of brick & mortar, I get it. So IMO if the manufacturers want to break in with increased sales, it's incumbent upon them to host pop-up events, demo stands in malls, etc.

I'm ok with Yamaha. But I often wonder if it sells because it's what's there. Thanks for letting me vent!

Edit: One more thing, this is one of the lightest, most compact arrangers out there. But the lack of a DIN MIDI jack makes me lean toward the MZ-X500. Bad move on Casio's part IMO.

Edited by TedS (08/10/18 06:23 PM)

#455948 - 08/10/18 08:57 PM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Dnj]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I like to read what Kabinopus has to say when he posts. Agreement or disagreement should should not even enter the picture. We're here to state different viewpoints on different issues. Why do the potholes have to open up. I was sailing along reading Kabinopus's opening messages and enjoying the refreshment of one of the "thinkers" on the Synthzone and anticipating some healthy replies. Next thing I know I was thrown into a series of potholes and everything went South from there.

On the other hand, and this is not directed at anyone, "brand-bashing" is confusing to those who read the "brand-bash." Sometimes you forget to remember that they are opinions, nothing more. Now if you're looking to purchase something, you're also getting input not only from here, but from your keyboard salesman, media articles, your musician friends, company ads, Internet blogs and Internet "fake news." All of the latter NOT being opinions but, unfortunately, manipulation.

But the biggest problem of "brand-bashing" and "anything-bashing" is the negativity it produces. There is too much negativity and confusion going on in today's world, in general, without it being displayed and perpetuated here.

I still remember one of the members here said about a year ago (under different circumstances) something like: "At the end of the day, I can't wait to go on the Synthzone and view the posts. It's very therapeutic and is my end of the day treat."

#455955 - 08/10/18 10:33 PM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: TedS]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By TedS
I guess I missed all the action--whew!

I too want Casio to succeed, with GEM and Technics gone, the more alternatives the better! Maybe I could draw my own conclusions about the sound, interface, keybed quality--IF I could actually find and play one of these boards in a store.

The Casio MZ-X500 has been out for at least a year. I've never seen one in a store.
Nor have I seen the Roland E-A7, or any Ketron product. Internet sales are undercutting the costs of brick & mortar, I get it. So IMO if the manufacturers want to break in with increased sales, it's incumbent upon them to host pop-up events, demo stands in malls, etc.

I'm ok with Yamaha. But I often wonder if it sells because it's what's there. Thanks for letting me vent!

Edit: One more thing, this is one of the lightest, most compact arrangers out there. But the lack of a DIN MIDI jack makes me lean toward the MZ-X500. Bad move on Casio's part IMO.

It almost feels like the MZ-X has been discontinued in Europe
It looks like this cheaper model has an upgraded sound engine compared to the MZ-X series.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#455970 - 08/11/18 06:34 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Kabinopus]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By Kabinopus
I really don’t want to change the focus, mostly I was within the subject of the promotional video, which Casio has released, and I was questioning the way they are promoting their products and what their chances are to succeed.

There’re quite few keyboards out there in the market, if we can’t feel comfortable discussing it freely, I don’t really know what to discuss in the first place. I shared my impressions, including emotional ones, and my thoughts, I expect to be corrected if I’m wrong about something, this is the point of speaking publicly, still, I’m not attacking anyone personally.

It’s a challenge to handle a disagreement in a productive way, and staying away from religion and politics maybe we can practice it with keyboards.

Then don’t mention Putin in your post if you want to stay away from politics. I asked you polite to remove these sentence about Putin but you refused.

And saying that the ct x5000 sound like a game of the 90’s isn’t really a discussion but is brand bashing from a Yamaha fanboy.

#455997 - 08/11/18 10:09 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Dnj]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
I believe that if the enthusiasm about these Casio products is genuine, it can be used to reveal various advantages of them and to fight former prejudices, in case they exist.

I’m not sure that investing much emotion in response to things that I say can be rewarding, though.

I don’t want to make this discussion about this very discussion itself, it would be some kind of a “loop”, as in sci-fi they would say “it’s a paradox!”.

#455999 - 08/11/18 10:35 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Dnj]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Maybe Americans should worry more about their own idiot instead of being offended by someone's elses. At the end of the day those two are best buds
😁😁..
Back to Casio.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#456001 - 08/11/18 10:55 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Dnj]
FransN Offline

I am not a American and Trump didn’t shoot down the MH17.

Edited by FransN (08/11/18 10:56 AM)

#456006 - 08/11/18 12:42 PM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: FransN]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By FransN
I am not a American and Trump didn’t shoot down the MH17.

Neither did the Russians government, atleast thats not proven...

Sometimes they want the people to believe things so they can comtinue with their political campaigns... its really convenient for the Western world to blame the Russians, so convenient its hard to believe they would be this stupid.

Who are we to call Putin a dictator while 90% of the Russian people openly support him?

But as many said we should stay away from politics, they don’t have a place on a musicians forum unless the politics directly influence our music and instruments... and i don’t see a relationship between either Trump as well as Putin and our arranger keyboards...

#456008 - 08/11/18 12:56 PM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Dnj]
FransN Offline

It is proven Bachus. And he support the biggest war criminal today Assad.

Edited by FransN (08/11/18 01:00 PM)

#456033 - 08/12/18 02:55 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: FransN]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By FransN
It is proven Bachus. And he support the biggest war criminal today Assad.

Really? Proven? By a judge and a Jury? Or just because politiciams say its proven?

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online