SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#455915 - 08/09/18 09:41 PM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: FransN]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By FransN
I am also done with this thread and probably with synthzone because of the brand bashing going one here.

It wasn’t me, was it?
Atleast not in this topic...

Because these low end Casio’s offer a lot of value for the money..
Surprisingly i pefer many of their sounds above the px-560..
Espescially in the department where i previously in another post described the weaknesses of the Casio sound engine..

Yet where it comes to the actuall style arrangements, i think theye should make another step at Casio... does anyone know if you can import yamaha styles, just as in the mz-x500?

At that price this instrument is really really competitive... it has to offer much more then the yamaha psr-e series... however, its not the price class i am personally interested in, and you can’t compare these instruments to Pa4x, sd9 and Genos ...

There is a difference between being critical and brand bashing... when it comes to casio, i still think style arrangements are underperforming compared to the big guys... however feature wise, they are on top of their game.. still think the mz-x500 has the best interface for any under €3000 arranger. I think its good to say praise where its due and to be critical at other moments. Thats not brand bashing, thats being open and honest. On top of it, that are opinions...

Different opinions are a blessing, or we would all be playing the pa4x, which would make this forum a litlle dull, would it?

Edited by Bachus (08/09/18 09:53 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#455919 - 08/10/18 01:41 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Dnj]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I think we all need to put on our big boy pants on and stop being so sensitive about brands and products. One of the things I have noticed generally , and not specific to this forum is that people can’t have even have a spirited debate about really minor things in the grand scheme of things , like electronic equipment , without getting their panties in a twist ,because someone had an opinion,that they were not fully able to justify . Or that opinion wasn’t a as well reasoned as it perhaps ought to have been . I think if you don’t want to participate in the conversation then don’t, but you don’t have to throw your toys out the pram at the same time .

Donny , It’s fine pasting YouTube clips as far ai I am concerned, I love it and I’m grateful that you have brought these instruments to my attention as they are way off my radar. And for young people who are interested in arrangier keyboards, but can’t afford the big ticket price Yamaha’s and Korg then its nice introductory keyboard it’s fine pasting YouTube clips on the forum i.

If I send you 20 personal messages will you please continue to post clips ?

Here is a clip of Cory Henry playing the Casio and it sounds amazing https://youtu.be/TRkBsEBOzig

Edited by spalding1968 (08/10/18 01:41 PM)

#455920 - 08/10/18 03:20 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Bachus]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
No it wasn’t you Bachus. But saying the ct x 5000 sound like a pc of the 90’s and saying what is not to like about Putin just pissed me off. But i am ok now.

#455921 - 08/10/18 03:46 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: FransN]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
It is healthy to have this kind of discussion as long as it does not go too far. Venting sometimes helps people feel better. I worry about too many regulations being imposed in the name of making things better. You may not agree but this kind post shakes things us up, it takes the boring out of the same old.

My example of people trying to perfect the gated community I live in:
We are now required to bring our dogs to the club house --- they are going to swab the dogs tongs, get the dog’s DNA – then store it in their computer. When they find dog droppings they will be matched with the DNA in their computer and the owner od the dog will receive a $100 fine. aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Please don’t make SynthZone perfect, John C.
PS, Donny keep em coming.

#455927 - 08/10/18 07:34 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: FransN]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By FransN
No it wasn’t you Bachus. But saying the ct x 5000 sound like a pc of the 90’s and saying what is not to like about Putin just pissed me off. But i am ok now.

Writing here is just like making music sometimes, its all about the right tones, phrasing and articulations. One wrong note can make a whole performace go to the drain. Or even worse, make the bar explode into a fight..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#455929 - 08/10/18 07:43 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: bruno123]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Originally Posted By bruno123

We are now required to bring our dogs to the club house --- they are going to swab the dogs tongs, get the dog’s DNA – then store it in their computer. When they find dog droppings they will be matched with the DNA in their computer and the owner od the dog will receive a $100 fine. aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Holy crap! crazy Dogs need an ACLU attorney (Animal Civil Liberties Union)

#455930 - 08/10/18 07:45 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Bachus]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By Bachus

Writing here is just like making music sometimes, its all about the right tones, phrasing and articulations. One wrong note can make a whole performace go to the drain. Or even worse, make the bar explode into a fight..

Oh well, there have been some minor blowouts now and then, but we have had some amazing years of excitement, fun and joy here at SZ.
May it never have to end. bow
keys
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#455932 - 08/10/18 08:19 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: sparky589]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By sparky589

Well, there's nothing holy about crap - dog's or otherwise - all the owners have to do is clean up after their pets ...
while the association's action may seem severe there's probably a reason for it ...

#455936 - 08/10/18 10:17 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: tony mads usa]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Originally Posted By sparky589

Well, there's nothing holy about crap - dog's or otherwise - all the owners have to do is clean up after their pets ...
while the association's action may seem severe there's probably a reason for it ...

Yes- Lot of incidents of Poop and Run!!

https://mrdogpoop.com/splash/index.html

Jerryghr

#455942 - 08/10/18 01:30 PM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Dnj]
Kabinopus Online   content

Loc: Russia
I really don’t want to change the focus, mostly I was within the subject of the promotional video, which Casio has released, and I was questioning the way they are promoting their products and what their chances are to succeed.

There’re quite few keyboards out there in the market, if we can’t feel comfortable discussing it freely, I don’t really know what to discuss in the first place. I shared my impressions, including emotional ones, and my thoughts, I expect to be corrected if I’m wrong about something, this is the point of speaking publicly, still, I’m not attacking anyone personally.

It’s a challenge to handle a disagreement in a productive way, and staying away from religion and politics maybe we can practice it with keyboards.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online