SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#455732 - 08/05/18 08:23 PM Louis Armstrong, 'La Vie En Rose' Transcription
Torch Offline

I am taking a little break from talking and thinking about gear, and I stumbled upon this pleasant rendition of La Vien Rose by Luis Armstrong. One of the reasons I like Armstrong is because my boy used to impersonate Armstrong's singing when he was little. He was a funny clown - bringing much joy to us in the family. Besides his musical genius, it seems that Armstrong was very a approachable nice guy with a down to earth personality. A true legend.

I am sure you will all enjoy as much as I did.

My, this is never ending. One thing leads to another. Wynton Marsalis & Richard Galliano together? I had to watch it.

Edited by Torch (08/05/18 08:32 PM)
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#455739 - 08/06/18 01:42 AM Re: Louis Armstrong, 'La Vie En Rose' Transcription [Re: Torch]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Torch wrote:
I am taking a little break from talking and thinking about gear, and ---

These words jumped right out of your post. You went back to enjoying the music you love. A lesson I need to remember -- thank you.

John C.

#455745 - 08/06/18 04:25 AM Re: Louis Armstrong, 'La Vie En Rose' Transcription [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Offline

I'm disappointed thought I was gonna hear your version of this classic tune.. frown

#455757 - 08/06/18 06:27 AM Re: Louis Armstrong, 'La Vie En Rose' Transcription [Re: Torch]
zuki Offline

What site is that score please?

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#455765 - 08/06/18 08:40 AM Re: Louis Armstrong, 'La Vie En Rose' Transcription [Re: Torch]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Thank you so much for sharing that Torch. Now is a great time to be a musician with so many great resources available to study the masters which of course Louis Armstrong was. Currently I been studying some of Charlie Parker’s work via the University of YouTube smile Your post reminded I should go back even further and study Mr. Armstrong’s work too. There’s always something new to learn in this life long journey of music!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#455771 - 08/06/18 09:37 AM Re: Louis Armstrong, 'La Vie En Rose' Transcription [Re: montunoman]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Satchmo's version is marked as a favorite on my Pandora list...very unique.

#455774 - 08/06/18 11:24 AM Re: Louis Armstrong, 'La Vie En Rose' Transcription [Re: Dnj]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
I'm disappointed thought I was gonna hear your version of this classic tune.. frown
I guarantee that you will be even more disappointed to hear my version after Louis Armstrong.

It was fun to watch the practice session by Richard Galliano and Wynton Marsalis. Now watch their public performance. A real treat.

#455786 - 08/06/18 05:53 PM Re: Louis Armstrong, 'La Vie En Rose' Transcription [Re: zuki]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By zuki
What site is that score please?
I checked out the link in the video, but it is dead.

#455787 - 08/06/18 05:57 PM Re: Louis Armstrong, 'La Vie En Rose' Transcription [Re: montunoman]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By montunoman
Thank you so much for sharing that Torch. Now is a great time to be a musician with so many great resources available to study the masters which of course Louis Armstrong was. Currently I been studying some of Charlie Parker’s work via the University of YouTube smile Your post reminded I should go back even further and study Mr. Armstrong’s work too. There’s always something new to learn in this life long journey of music!
You are right about Youtube being a university. Tons of great stuff as well as garbage. BTW, I like your signature, "It is not the keyboard, it's the keyboardist." I heard a similar saying, "The writer doesn't complain about the pen."

#455788 - 08/06/18 06:08 PM Re: Louis Armstrong, 'La Vie En Rose' Transcription [Re: bruno123]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123
Torch wrote:
I am taking a little break from talking and thinking about gear, and ---

These words jumped right out of your post. You went back to enjoying the music you love. A lesson I need to remember -- thank you.

John C.

Hi John, I saw your PM only the other day and responded today. Fran's post made me think of myself and yet I feel like I ended up preaching to him before I practiced it myself!!! Once a fellow Christian musician friend recommended me something that he owned himself. I asked him if he used it once to bring about any of the astonishing results he felt so strong about. Not even once. I told him that he sure sounded like a preacher. He asked why. My reply was, "You preach something that you don't practice yourself."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online