SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#455789 - 08/06/18 08:10 PM Re: Night and Day [Re: montunoman]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Paul there is no real reason to take my advice, but I think I am on the right path... smile

If you can learn the lyrics to the song without reading them... it will help my next suggestion.... Sing to your lovely wife.. the emotion will be there.. wink

#455794 - 08/06/18 09:49 PM Re: Night and Day [Re: Fran Carango]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Fran Carango

If you can learn the lyrics to the song without reading them.

Hi Paul.........Your post caught my attention because, by coincidence, I've been working on that song (Night and Day) for the last few days now.

Fran IS on the right path. The trick to both playing and singing songs effectively was taught to me many years ago.

Learn the "words" to a song before you learn the actual song. Then....learn the notes. Then....as you're playing or singing, use industrial strength "phrasing" as you think of the meaning of the lyrics.

A great song for practicing that is: The Way You Look Tonight. Listen to both Frank Sinatra and Fred Astaire....masters at song interpretation. And...the queen of interpretation....Eva Cassidy.

Everything else in the video sounds great, and, yes...your saxophone player is really terrific. You might want to study HIS phrasing. His "rides" reek with "phrasing."

#455805 - 08/07/18 05:11 AM Re: Night and Day [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

paul you got mail

#455836 - 08/07/18 03:59 PM Re: Night and Day [Re: montunoman]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Tony, Fran and Mark- thanks for your comments and taking the time to listen. Fran, my wife especially appreciated your recommendation smile

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online