SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#455626 - 08/03/18 08:56 AM Just got my second bose s1 pro
organgrinder Offline

Loc: ft. lauderdale, florida
WOW. I thought one was great but 2 in stereo with my korg pa1000 is unbelievable. My thoughts are they sound richer than my compacts and despite the specs, seem louder. I only have them on volume 3 and they will blow you out of the house. Again I say these will work for me almost anywhere.
MEL

#455629 - 08/03/18 10:00 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
Torch Offline

This reminds me of when I had two Roland Mobile Cube Battery-Powered Stereo amps. Though it is a stereo amp, with speakers right next to each other in such a small case it didn't really do much in terms of stereo. That was until I connected two of them in stereo. It sounded so much bigger and better that it shocked me. So
I understand exactly what you are saying.

I'm thinking for myself; if I were to have a setup similar to 2 S1 Pros, what alternatives would I have as I try to avoid having to buy Bose and Apple products? The Aiwa Exos-9 comes to my mind. There were quite a bit of discussions about it on this forum and I know that some members are using them for gigs. Two units can be connected wirelessly, which is cool. I meant to buy two, but didn't have an immediate need to do so.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#455651 - 08/04/18 05:26 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: Torch]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
I’ve been very impressed with my two S1’s in stereo plus they are so easy to transport and set up.

My wife tells me it’s the best sound she’s heard of the systems I’ve used.

#455657 - 08/04/18 06:30 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
zuki Offline

When I auditioned the (2) S1s, I could not get them to stop clipping, at very low levels. They simply did not handle any bass (and believe me, I'm very tame on bass volume). I'm starting to think I got some bad speakers from Bose. They were so bad, two wouldn't fill a 100 sq' ft room.

The worst part was how they stuck on my dual pole mounts. I had to use a rubber mallet to get them off.

Yesterday, for the very first time, I only set up one 8.2. Pigeon holed into a setup near a water cooler allowed for little room and I copped an attitude. The sound through one speaker was dreadful...

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#455659 - 08/04/18 06:45 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: Torch]
Dnj Offline

zuki glad to hear some honest reviews...your not alone I have heard this from many people who bought the S1 and returned them quick after hearing them, clipping, no bass, and other things too...
people get caught up in the bose name sometimes....
but your ears tell the truth always with sound systems...
hope you get situated with what you are happy with. take care ..

#455689 - 08/04/18 02:13 PM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
organgrinder Offline

Nothing wrong with mine. They blow my compacts away.
MEL

#455693 - 08/04/18 04:32 PM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Jim,

Not sure how you mounted the S1 on the poles but I found the article in the link below interesting:

https://www.bosepro.community/g/portable/topic/s1-pro-the-switch-inside-the-pole-cup

#455699 - 08/04/18 06:02 PM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
zuki Offline

Thanks Steve. Maybe I'll try them again one day, but the 8.2s are just killer.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#455707 - 08/05/18 02:12 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: zuki]
guitpic1 Offline

#455712 - 08/05/18 05:06 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
organgrinder Offline

GAIN STAGING IS VERY IMPORTANT. According to the manual, put your device's volume where you normally have it when you play the loudest and then slowly turn up bose volume to just before distortion, just a little red is ok then control volume with keyboard or device. Also be sure when you mount it on a pole,not to use a pole with # style ends they must be solid, no waffle pattern like some adapters out there. This will prevent the internal switch from being damaged and prevent the bose from getting stuck on the pole.

MEL

#455741 - 08/06/18 02:02 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Mel when you say that the S1 Pros blows the L1 Compact away please tell me in what way. You seem happy with them.

John C.
Maybe a visit to hear your set up -- I live in west Palm Beach.

#455742 - 08/06/18 03:38 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: bruno123]
organgrinder Offline

would love to have you over to see these things in action. I think they are very rich sounding light and very very loud. when I use just one the stereo sounds such as piano still sound very rich and full where the compact sounds tinny or lifeless. I know they won't carry as far as the compacts but when I use them in smaller places they don't need to carry as far. The bass is great. Not quite as boomy as the compact. also treble and bass and reverb on 2 inputs makes it much more usable. I wish they would put that mixer in the compact. I will pm you so we can talk about a meet up in the next few days

MEL

#455752 - 08/06/18 05:30 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: Torch]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Hi! I have used 2 Bose S1's as well, and it has been really great so far. Very clean, loud if needed. I even had to slightly reduce the bass since they are surprisingly bass-strong. Very clear sound. I have never heard them clip. I have used them mostly in rooms for up to ~100 people. I tried using just 1, but when I used 2, the sound really opened up and sounded much better (stereo) as I wrote in a separate note.

This is with Tyros5 initially, and now with Genos.

Jim

#455802 - 08/07/18 01:46 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: jimlaing]
guitpic1 Offline

Originally Posted By jimlaing
Hi! I have used 2 Bose S1's as well, and it has been really great so far. Very clean, loud if needed. I even had to slightly reduce the bass since they are surprisingly bass-strong. Very clear sound. I have never heard them clip. I have used them mostly in rooms for up to ~100 people. I tried using just 1, but when I used 2, the sound really opened up and sounded much better (stereo) as I wrote in a separate note.

This is with Tyros5 initially, and now with Genos.

Jim

👍👍👍

#469110 - 04/24/19 07:54 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

Now that anyone on SZ have been using the Bose S1 pro for a while
what are your thoughts and experiences so far with it?..

I alos read a nice review online too:

"Perfect Sound Solution for Retirement Community Gigs
I've been entertaining full-time in retirement and care communities for six years, performing over 500 concerts/year. My audiences are older adults in venues ranging from living room type spaces (5-20 people) to small auditoriums (50-100 people). I've been waiting for a portable PA that would meet every one of my needs:

- sound great, with a warm sound perfectly suited to my audience, many who have hearing loss, and some who have hearing sensitivity issues
- small and lightweight (I gig 5/6 days each week, 2-4 gigs per day, so lugging heavy PA is a no-go)
- multi-function, with solid bluetooth (I use an iPod Touch for backing tracks, and other systems I've tested have had unreliable bluetooth)
- battery powered with long life (no cords means quick setup and no tripping hazards)
- plenty of power for largest gigs

I bought two S1Pros, one dedicated to my smallest gigs where I don't use a microphone, just bluetooth music, and the other dedicated to larger gigs were I use a microphone (Shure FP15 with headset, also battery powered). I combine the two for my largest gigs.

After three weeks and 34 gigs, I'm completely satisfied on every count. Sound great with plenty of power. Bluetooth is rock-solid without a single drop or hiccup. Connecting two is quick and painless, and the combo makes a clean, powerful sound. And the battery life is astounding. I'm able to use them all week on a single charge (on average, 11 one-hour-long gigs, split between the two units). The sound is smooth and round (perfect for my audience and my tastes, but I know many don't like this about Bose "no highs no lows") with plenty of punch. Not one single clipping issue, even at higher volumes. And even at near max (frankly, I haven't turned either one all the way up), no signs of strain. And its so light weight. I have small carry-on sized roll-away luggage that I use for each unit, and they pop in and out of the trunk of my car multiple times every day without strain."

Edited by Dnj (04/24/19 08:09 AM)

#469111 - 04/24/19 08:52 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
zuki Offline

I suppose I'm the man out here on the S1s. I tried in my studio and got nothing but clipping. No way they could handle my arrangements. Besides that, the things stuck to the poles and I had to practically hammer them out. Might have been me, but no point on ever trying vs my 8.2 (all I'll ever need).

#469112 - 04/24/19 09:21 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: zuki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By zuki
I suppose I'm the man out here on the S1s. I tried in my studio and got nothing but clipping. No way they could handle my arrangements. Besides that, the things stuck to the poles and I had to practically hammer them out. Might have been me, but no point on ever trying vs my 8.2 (all I'll ever need).

Zuki thanx for the reply such MIXED reviews on this unit some great some not so much...
when you say "No way they could handle my arrangements"
I would assume you are referring to using an arranger KB & vocals in a live gig situation? Please elaborate further...Thanx

#469117 - 04/24/19 11:54 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
organgrinder Offline

I only use my s1 pro's for live gigs using arranger kb and vocals and after almost a year I think they are the best little speaker on the market hands down. As for them sticking to the poles, it says in the manual not to use poles with waffle style adapters to make them fit. This will cause the eq switch to stick making the speaker difficult to remove. I still love mine.
I don't use a mixer but go straight out of the pa1000 one cord to left speaker and the other cord to right speaker. No clipping at any volume.
MEL

#469119 - 04/24/19 12:19 PM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By organgrinder
I only use my s1 pro's for live gigs using arranger kb and vocals and after almost a year I think they are the best little speaker on the market hands down. As for them sticking to the poles, it says in the manual not to use poles with waffle style adapters to make them fit. This will cause the eq switch to stick making the speaker difficult to remove. I still love mine.
I don't use a mixer but go straight out of the pa1000 one cord to left speaker and the other cord to right speaker. No clipping at any volume.
MEL

Mel great to hear your enjoying and gigging the S1 pro speakers on a daily basis with no problems or clipping etc,....

What is one to think when you read two totally different opinions on the same product?...
I hope more people chime in so we can get to the bottom of this. Thanx for sharing your opinion.

#469120 - 04/24/19 12:46 PM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
MEL

Mel great to hear your enjoying and gigging the S1 pro speakers on a daily basis with no problems or clipping etc,....

What is one to think when you read two totally different opinions on the same product?...
I hope more people chime in so we can get to the bottom of this. Thanx for sharing your opinion.

It's the same old conclusion: Different opinions are handy but bottom line is, as always, you gotta try equipment for yourself, and only then can you say 'it's right for me'.

#469121 - 04/24/19 12:47 PM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The guy I have been tutoring on the S-970 is using an S1, says it's incredible for small jobs, crystal clear keyboard and vocals, no distortion or clipping, and he also goes directly from the keyboard's output into the Bose with no mixer interface. Now, from what he says, both the highs and lows are great and the mids were excellent for his vocals. I have not had the opportunity to hear him perform yet, but I will ask him to bring it with him the next time he comes for lessons.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#469124 - 04/24/19 01:15 PM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Gary thanx for the reply.
I hope Zuki can elaborate further on his problems with the Bose s1 pro.

#469125 - 04/24/19 01:19 PM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
travlin'easy Offline

Kinda weird that Jim would have a clipping problem. I never experienced clipping with any Bose system I've owned. I guess they could be overdriven, just never happened to me in more than a decade of using Bose.

Gary cool

#469127 - 04/24/19 07:59 PM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
zuki Offline

I do the same act as MEL, probably - full arranger and vocal. It may have been user error on my part, but reading (like) reviews, I dumped them very quickly and went with QSC. The 8.2s are very manageable vs S1.

I would love to hear them live, but have never seen them around here. MEL, would you fly me down???? I'm happy that they're working out for you smile

Edited by zuki (04/24/19 08:04 PM)

#469130 - 04/25/19 08:46 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: zuki]
Dnj Offline

Here is a portion of an email I received review on the S1 pro...

"I have owned Bose products and used them for gigs since the 1980s. I presently own a Bose L1 Mod 2 and an F1 along with two of these S1s.

Bose has hit a massive, tape-measure Home Run with this product. The sound is awesome; Bose clear and crisp WITH bottom end. Produces plenty of sound for small to medium sized rooms. I've run them on battery for at least 4 hours with power to spare.

I was practicing in my studio with a friend last week, 2 electric guitars, 2 voices, drum machine and was surprised when I realized that the F1 I thought was teamed with the S1s was MUTED. LOTS of sound volume and clean and clear response.

One of these is truly wonderful. Two of them are Awesome! The Best sound I know of - and they fit easily into my 2 seat sports car with all the rest of the gear..."

#469133 - 04/25/19 09:31 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Donny, why don't you go to Guitar Center and try out it out yourself? I bet they'd even let you connect one of their keyboards to it too. Report back to us with your thoughts.

Tip: Go on a weekday morning to avoid a crowded noisy store!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#469134 - 04/25/19 09:44 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By montunoman
Donny, why don't you go to Guitar Center and try out it out yourself? I bet they'd even let you connect one of their keyboards to it too. Report back to us with your thoughts.

Paul, I didn't say I was buying one at this time, I already have more then enough PA Power with my pair of JBL EON One speakers which sound amazing. I was just inquiring from SZ people that are using them to get a consensus of this product. We used to have a BOSE store a few miles away but has since went out of business. I rarely ever go to a music store to buy gear rather I'll just research best I can, talk to people that have it, buy, try, and then decide to keep it or return it.

#469139 - 04/25/19 11:40 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
Crossover Offline

In Germany the Bose S1 is even on display in entertainment electronics markets (Saturn, Mediamarkt).

#469140 - 04/25/19 11:41 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

I like the different COLOR Skins also.. cool2

Attachments
Untitled.jpg

#469162 - 04/26/19 03:57 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
organgrinder Offline

Here is my S! PRO setup.
MEL

Attachments
IMG_0117(2).jpg (97 downloads)

#469163 - 04/26/19 04:00 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
organgrinder Offline

Another job with same S1 setup
MEL

Attachments
0155fe87f499637733c9a2ad8ede914fef400abd45.jpg

#469164 - 04/26/19 04:08 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: Torch]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I can picture adding a sub-woofer to that set up, fantastic.

John C.

#469174 - 04/26/19 07:08 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
zuki Offline

Very cool. Wondering why the case is sitting there?

Still want to hear those Bose live to dispel my previous thoughts about them....

Also, I bought some very small poles (only go up to my chest). They are so lightweight that I can practically blow them over. But they work well with the 8.2s. I really enjoy them behind me at that height.

#469180 - 04/26/19 07:23 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
Dnj Offline

Here is my S! PRO setup.
MEL

Mel your pic was too LASRGE to view without just a a download link...
I have resized it..

Attachments
mmmmmmm.jpg

Edited by Dnj (04/26/19 07:25 AM)

#469194 - 04/26/19 09:11 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
124 Offline

Don't you just hate it when you're silhouetted against a bright window?

#469196 - 04/26/19 09:27 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: 124]
organgrinder Offline

Yes I hate that. I always tell my bosses and the crowd that I look much better in the dark.LOL
MEL

#469197 - 04/26/19 09:32 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: zuki]
organgrinder Offline

ZUKI No reason that the case is there. I just took the picture before the crowd came in. I moved it after the picture was taken.
MEL

#469198 - 04/26/19 09:32 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
Dnj Offline

Overhead lighting glare sux too on the display.

#469213 - 04/26/19 02:02 PM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Donny, I pretty much eliminated that problem with the position of my custom console, which places the display beneath the console lip, thus blocking the overhead fluorescent lighting. My biggest obstacle was while performing outdoors - the display had to be shielded with a black, cardboard cover that was velcro'd over the display like the scoop on a hotrod. Even that didn't totally solve the problem. Never really came across an arranger keyboard that had a suitable display for outdoor performances in direct sunlight. Don't think they exist.

Gary

#469223 - 04/27/19 11:09 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
Dnj Offline

Edited by Dnj (04/27/19 11:57 AM)

#469224 - 04/27/19 11:48 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Originally Posted By Dnj

Donny, I pretty much eliminated that problem with the position of my custom console, which places the display beneath the console lip, thus blocking the overhead fluorescent lighting. My biggest obstacle was while performing outdoors - the display had to be shielded with a black, cardboard cover that was velcro'd over the display like the scoop on a hotrod. Even that didn't totally solve the problem. Never really came across an arranger keyboard that had a suitable display for outdoor performances in direct sunlight. Don't think they exist.

Gary

well Gary at least we don't have to worry about that anymore.. wink

#469227 - 04/27/19 12:48 PM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
travlin'easy Offline

Nope, but I sure wish I did. Fortunately, the boat goes back in the water next week and I'm anxious to put up the sails and point the bow south. smile

Gary cool

#469228 - 04/27/19 12:58 PM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Nope, but I sure wish I did. Fortunately, the boat goes back in the water next week and I'm anxious to put up the sails and point the bow south. smile

Gary cool

Gary that's great news that your up and about
with enough strength to set sail!!.....safe trip buddy!!

#469236 - 04/27/19 04:52 PM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
travlin'easy Offline

My health is still shot to Hell, Donny, but I guess I'm a determined old cuss and not gonna let some aches and pains shut me down.

Gary cool

#469298 - 04/29/19 04:19 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

My health is still shot to Hell, Donny, but I guess I'm a determined old cuss and not gonna let some aches and pains shut me down.

Gary cool

Mr. Wizard your certainly a FIGHTER & an inspiration to all!!!!

#469305 - 04/29/19 07:18 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
travlin'easy Offline

Thank you kind sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar, and there are damned few of us left! wink

Gary cool

#469307 - 04/29/19 07:26 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Thank you kind sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar, and there are damned few of us left! wink

Gary cool

That said I still want a rain check on those amazing Oysters Rockefeller lol

#469319 - 04/29/19 09:01 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
travlin'easy Offline

We will definitely do this very soon.

Gary cool

#469377 - 04/30/19 06:21 PM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

We will definitely do this very soon.

Gary cool

Oh yes wave

Attachments
422838fb-71e1-4854-827a-88fadeb12f47-1024x1024.jpg

Edited by Dnj (05/01/19 05:07 AM)

#469399 - 05/01/19 05:13 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

By the way I finally had the chance to hear, play KB, & Sing thru the
BOSE S1 Pro speakers and I was very impressed with the sound in
all positions, FX, and versatility using, Bluetooth, Battery, AC,
and I especially liked the Bose carry Bag too very useful for gigs.
They have a real winner here! cool2

Attachments
bose.jpg

#469405 - 05/01/19 06:18 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: Dnj]
organgrinder Offline

Donny, I'm glad you liked them because I now know I am not crazy. So many people won't even try them. What blew me away was the clarity and shear power these little guys have. If you put them on poles they jump to another level. Also I found after reading on bose website. If they are distorting thru a mixer, the 6 0clock to 12 oclock position is mixer use settings and 12 oclock to 5 oclock is mainly for straight in use. of course depending on each person, that can vary that is why a straight in mic has to be turned up high and a mixer in the channal will destort at the same level. each of the 3 channels is set up this way. Makes a big differance.
Thank you for checking them out.
MEL

#469407 - 05/01/19 06:26 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
Dnj Offline

Donny, I'm glad you liked them because I now know I am not crazy. So many people won't even try them. What blew me away was the clarity and shear power these little guys have. If you put them on poles they jump to another level. Also I found after reading on bose website. If they are distorting thru a mixer, the 6 0clock to 12 oclock position is mixer use settings and 12 oclock to 5 oclock is mainly for straight in use. of course depending on each person, that can vary that is why a straight in mic has to be turned up high and a mixer in the channel will destort at the same level. each of the 3 channels is set up this way. Makes a big difference.
Thank you for checking them out.
MEL

Mel you are not "crazy",....
the Bose S1 pro set up correctly will sound terrific,
& in the right smaller situations will certainly cover the room efficiently with crystal clear sound reinforcement.
That said I just ordered them... cool2
Take care

#469415 - 05/01/19 06:55 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Paul, I didn't say I was buying one at this time, I already have more then enough PA Power with my pair of JBL EON One speakers which sound amazing.

I knew you wanted those Bose! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on these speakers!

#469416 - 05/01/19 07:04 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

[quote=Dnj][quote=montunoman]
I knew you wanted those Bose! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on these speakers!

"I finally had the chance to hear, play KB, & Sing thru the
BOSE S1 Pro speakers and I was very impressed with the sound in
all positions, FX, and versatility using, Bluetooth, Battery, AC,
and I especially liked the Bose carry Bag too very useful for gigs.
They have a real winner here!"

Paul,.....the trick here is to not use them beyond their limits.
Used in the right situation and room size will provide more then enough sound for the venue,
NH, Cocktail hr, Wedding Ceremony,
Coffee house, etc, 25-100pp,..
and portability & versatility is beyond superb.
If needed in a bigger size room and audience I would certainly go with my bigger JBL system.

Edited by Dnj (05/01/19 07:05 AM)

#469420 - 05/01/19 07:33 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Donny
Not to knock your decision to buy a set of the Bose, I'm sure they are high quality. But as you said "right situationa and room size" which means small. I personaaly would be much happier bringing one JBL Eon with its small footprint and power then having to shelp and set up two speakers stands, two speakers, more cables etc. Especially in tight situations where set up space is very limited. Not to mention NH where people wander all over and could trip on the stands or grab one like its a walking aid. As its well known across America "I hate speaker stands " LOL
One more plus for the JBL. Just did another outdoor event in OLd Town Bluffton for their "Art Walk" Set up o a porch about 30 feet from the street with one JBL. Covered the street up and down for a block each way and got lots of compliments on my playing.. And i did finish the last hour with some upbeat- AKA- louder tunes.
Best PA I ever owned.

#469426 - 05/01/19 08:36 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
montunoman Offline

I would never use speakers poles at a nursing home, for many of the reasons Bill pointed out. I do sometimes use an 8 " powered speaker at NH and I usually just find something to set it on like a piano, chair or stool. Works just fine for me.

#469427 - 05/01/19 08:41 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: montunoman]
organgrinder Offline

You do not need the poles. you don't need to plug them in the wall. you don't use them in a concert hall. They are a very useful tool for smaller jobs and for that they are great.
MEL

#469475 - 05/01/19 04:56 PM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Yes we know all that, but I was asking Donny why go thru a more involved setup and $$$ when something he already has, The JBL Eon One, would do a great job. Oh and I also hate anything battery powered second to hating speaker stands LOL!
And besides who put speakers on the floor unless you have a raised stage, doubtful in a NH ?? Just sayin. Good luck and enjoy them.

#469845 - 05/11/19 03:57 PM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Well after a couple of weeks I gotta say I am really
satisfied with the BOSE S1 Pro.
It's like the Swiss Army Knife of speakers, sounds great with excellent robust coverage for smaller rooms for music and vocals w/fx,
aux etc, all in a few versatile positioning configurations
that fit the bill. They surly gotta winner here.

#469850 - 05/12/19 05:44 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: Dnj]
organgrinder Offline

I am so glad you like the bose S1 pro. It doesn't take much to make them sound great.
MEL

#469851 - 05/12/19 06:02 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
Dnj Offline

I am so glad you like the bose S1 pro. It doesn't take much to make them sound great.
MEL

The Bose compacts left a bad taste in my mouth years ago
vowing never to return,...
But the Bose S1 pro made me a believer again, love the sound quality,
build, & versatility, the carry bag is perfect too for transport lots of room for accessories, etc,.
If you use it within it's intended capacity & limits
setup the right way it will certainly serve you very well. cool2

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online