SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#469405 - 05/01/19 06:18 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: Dnj]
organgrinder Offline

Loc: ft. lauderdale, florida
Donny, I'm glad you liked them because I now know I am not crazy. So many people won't even try them. What blew me away was the clarity and shear power these little guys have. If you put them on poles they jump to another level. Also I found after reading on bose website. If they are distorting thru a mixer, the 6 0clock to 12 oclock position is mixer use settings and 12 oclock to 5 oclock is mainly for straight in use. of course depending on each person, that can vary that is why a straight in mic has to be turned up high and a mixer in the channal will destort at the same level. each of the 3 channels is set up this way. Makes a big differance.
Thank you for checking them out.
MEL

#469407 - 05/01/19 06:26 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By organgrinder
Donny, I'm glad you liked them because I now know I am not crazy. So many people won't even try them. What blew me away was the clarity and shear power these little guys have. If you put them on poles they jump to another level. Also I found after reading on bose website. If they are distorting thru a mixer, the 6 0clock to 12 oclock position is mixer use settings and 12 oclock to 5 oclock is mainly for straight in use. of course depending on each person, that can vary that is why a straight in mic has to be turned up high and a mixer in the channel will destort at the same level. each of the 3 channels is set up this way. Makes a big difference.
Thank you for checking them out.
MEL

Mel you are not "crazy",....
the Bose S1 pro set up correctly will sound terrific,
& in the right smaller situations will certainly cover the room efficiently with crystal clear sound reinforcement.
That said I just ordered them... cool2
Take care

#469415 - 05/01/19 06:55 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By montunoman
Donny, why don't you go to Guitar Center and try out it out yourself? I bet they'd even let you connect one of their keyboards to it too. Report back to us with your thoughts.

Tip: Go on a weekday morning to avoid a crowded noisy store!

Paul, I didn't say I was buying one at this time, I already have more then enough PA Power with my pair of JBL EON One speakers which sound amazing.

I knew you wanted those Bose! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on these speakers!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#469416 - 05/01/19 07:04 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By montunoman
[quote=Dnj][quote=montunoman]
I knew you wanted those Bose! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on these speakers!

"I finally had the chance to hear, play KB, & Sing thru the
BOSE S1 Pro speakers and I was very impressed with the sound in
all positions, FX, and versatility using, Bluetooth, Battery, AC,
and I especially liked the Bose carry Bag too very useful for gigs.
They have a real winner here!"

Paul,.....the trick here is to not use them beyond their limits.
Used in the right situation and room size will provide more then enough sound for the venue,
NH, Cocktail hr, Wedding Ceremony,
Coffee house, etc, 25-100pp,..
and portability & versatility is beyond superb.
If needed in a bigger size room and audience I would certainly go with my bigger JBL system.

Edited by Dnj (05/01/19 07:05 AM)

#469420 - 05/01/19 07:33 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Donny
Not to knock your decision to buy a set of the Bose, I'm sure they are high quality. But as you said "right situationa and room size" which means small. I personaaly would be much happier bringing one JBL Eon with its small footprint and power then having to shelp and set up two speakers stands, two speakers, more cables etc. Especially in tight situations where set up space is very limited. Not to mention NH where people wander all over and could trip on the stands or grab one like its a walking aid. As its well known across America "I hate speaker stands " LOL
One more plus for the JBL. Just did another outdoor event in OLd Town Bluffton for their "Art Walk" Set up o a porch about 30 feet from the street with one JBL. Covered the street up and down for a block each way and got lots of compliments on my playing.. And i did finish the last hour with some upbeat- AKA- louder tunes.
Best PA I ever owned.

#469426 - 05/01/19 08:36 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I would never use speakers poles at a nursing home, for many of the reasons Bill pointed out. I do sometimes use an 8 " powered speaker at NH and I usually just find something to set it on like a piano, chair or stool. Works just fine for me.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#469427 - 05/01/19 08:41 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: montunoman]
organgrinder Offline

You do not need the poles. you don't need to plug them in the wall. you don't use them in a concert hall. They are a very useful tool for smaller jobs and for that they are great.
MEL

#469475 - 05/01/19 04:56 PM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Yes we know all that, but I was asking Donny why go thru a more involved setup and $$$ when something he already has, The JBL Eon One, would do a great job. Oh and I also hate anything battery powered second to hating speaker stands LOL!
And besides who put speakers on the floor unless you have a raised stage, doubtful in a NH ?? Just sayin. Good luck and enjoy them.

#469845 - 05/11/19 03:57 PM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Well after a couple of weeks I gotta say I am really
satisfied with the BOSE S1 Pro.
It's like the Swiss Army Knife of speakers, sounds great with excellent robust coverage for smaller rooms for music and vocals w/fx,
aux etc, all in a few versatile positioning configurations
that fit the bill. They surly gotta winner here.

#469850 - 05/12/19 05:44 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: Dnj]
organgrinder Offline

I am so glad you like the bose S1 pro. It doesn't take much to make them sound great.
MEL

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online