SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#455741 - 08/06/18 02:02 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Mel when you say that the S1 Pros blows the L1 Compact away please tell me in what way. You seem happy with them.

John C.
Maybe a visit to hear your set up -- I live in west Palm Beach.

#455742 - 08/06/18 03:38 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: bruno123]
organgrinder Offline

Loc: ft. lauderdale, florida
would love to have you over to see these things in action. I think they are very rich sounding light and very very loud. when I use just one the stereo sounds such as piano still sound very rich and full where the compact sounds tinny or lifeless. I know they won't carry as far as the compacts but when I use them in smaller places they don't need to carry as far. The bass is great. Not quite as boomy as the compact. also treble and bass and reverb on 2 inputs makes it much more usable. I wish they would put that mixer in the compact. I will pm you so we can talk about a meet up in the next few days

MEL

#455752 - 08/06/18 05:30 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: Torch]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Hi! I have used 2 Bose S1's as well, and it has been really great so far. Very clean, loud if needed. I even had to slightly reduce the bass since they are surprisingly bass-strong. Very clear sound. I have never heard them clip. I have used them mostly in rooms for up to ~100 people. I tried using just 1, but when I used 2, the sound really opened up and sounded much better (stereo) as I wrote in a separate note.

This is with Tyros5 initially, and now with Genos.

Jim

#455802 - 08/07/18 01:46 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: jimlaing]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By jimlaing
Hi! I have used 2 Bose S1's as well, and it has been really great so far. Very clean, loud if needed. I even had to slightly reduce the bass since they are surprisingly bass-strong. Very clear sound. I have never heard them clip. I have used them mostly in rooms for up to ~100 people. I tried using just 1, but when I used 2, the sound really opened up and sounded much better (stereo) as I wrote in a separate note.

This is with Tyros5 initially, and now with Genos.

Jim

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

#469110 - 04/24/19 07:54 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

Now that anyone on SZ have been using the Bose S1 pro for a while
what are your thoughts and experiences so far with it?..

I alos read a nice review online too:

"Perfect Sound Solution for Retirement Community Gigs
I've been entertaining full-time in retirement and care communities for six years, performing over 500 concerts/year. My audiences are older adults in venues ranging from living room type spaces (5-20 people) to small auditoriums (50-100 people). I've been waiting for a portable PA that would meet every one of my needs:

- sound great, with a warm sound perfectly suited to my audience, many who have hearing loss, and some who have hearing sensitivity issues
- small and lightweight (I gig 5/6 days each week, 2-4 gigs per day, so lugging heavy PA is a no-go)
- multi-function, with solid bluetooth (I use an iPod Touch for backing tracks, and other systems I've tested have had unreliable bluetooth)
- battery powered with long life (no cords means quick setup and no tripping hazards)
- plenty of power for largest gigs

I bought two S1Pros, one dedicated to my smallest gigs where I don't use a microphone, just bluetooth music, and the other dedicated to larger gigs were I use a microphone (Shure FP15 with headset, also battery powered). I combine the two for my largest gigs.

After three weeks and 34 gigs, I'm completely satisfied on every count. Sound great with plenty of power. Bluetooth is rock-solid without a single drop or hiccup. Connecting two is quick and painless, and the combo makes a clean, powerful sound. And the battery life is astounding. I'm able to use them all week on a single charge (on average, 11 one-hour-long gigs, split between the two units). The sound is smooth and round (perfect for my audience and my tastes, but I know many don't like this about Bose "no highs no lows") with plenty of punch. Not one single clipping issue, even at higher volumes. And even at near max (frankly, I haven't turned either one all the way up), no signs of strain. And its so light weight. I have small carry-on sized roll-away luggage that I use for each unit, and they pop in and out of the trunk of my car multiple times every day without strain."

Edited by Dnj (04/24/19 08:09 AM)

#469111 - 04/24/19 08:52 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
zuki Offline

I suppose I'm the man out here on the S1s. I tried in my studio and got nothing but clipping. No way they could handle my arrangements. Besides that, the things stuck to the poles and I had to practically hammer them out. Might have been me, but no point on ever trying vs my 8.2 (all I'll ever need).

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#469112 - 04/24/19 09:21 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: zuki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By zuki
I suppose I'm the man out here on the S1s. I tried in my studio and got nothing but clipping. No way they could handle my arrangements. Besides that, the things stuck to the poles and I had to practically hammer them out. Might have been me, but no point on ever trying vs my 8.2 (all I'll ever need).

Zuki thanx for the reply such MIXED reviews on this unit some great some not so much...
when you say "No way they could handle my arrangements"
I would assume you are referring to using an arranger KB & vocals in a live gig situation? Please elaborate further...Thanx

#469117 - 04/24/19 11:54 AM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
organgrinder Offline

Loc: ft. lauderdale, florida
I only use my s1 pro's for live gigs using arranger kb and vocals and after almost a year I think they are the best little speaker on the market hands down. As for them sticking to the poles, it says in the manual not to use poles with waffle style adapters to make them fit. This will cause the eq switch to stick making the speaker difficult to remove. I still love mine.
I don't use a mixer but go straight out of the pa1000 one cord to left speaker and the other cord to right speaker. No clipping at any volume.
MEL

#469119 - 04/24/19 12:19 PM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: organgrinder]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By organgrinder
I only use my s1 pro's for live gigs using arranger kb and vocals and after almost a year I think they are the best little speaker on the market hands down. As for them sticking to the poles, it says in the manual not to use poles with waffle style adapters to make them fit. This will cause the eq switch to stick making the speaker difficult to remove. I still love mine.
I don't use a mixer but go straight out of the pa1000 one cord to left speaker and the other cord to right speaker. No clipping at any volume.
MEL

Mel great to hear your enjoying and gigging the S1 pro speakers on a daily basis with no problems or clipping etc,....

What is one to think when you read two totally different opinions on the same product?...
I hope more people chime in so we can get to the bottom of this. Thanx for sharing your opinion.

#469120 - 04/24/19 12:46 PM Re: Just got my second bose s1 pro [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By organgrinder
MEL

Mel great to hear your enjoying and gigging the S1 pro speakers on a daily basis with no problems or clipping etc,....

What is one to think when you read two totally different opinions on the same product?...
I hope more people chime in so we can get to the bottom of this. Thanx for sharing your opinion.

It's the same old conclusion: Different opinions are handy but bottom line is, as always, you gotta try equipment for yourself, and only then can you say 'it's right for me'.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online