SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#455356 - 07/29/18 05:58 AM Re: Russ & Nigel - where did I go wrong [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I love these 'back stories'. They're the memories that stick with us for a lifetime. Russ has a ton of them, due in no small part to his misspent youth smile smile smile.

chas

#455447 - 07/30/18 09:18 AM Re: Russ & Nigel - where did I go wrong [Re: cgiles]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Again, Chas, your kids and grand kids are very fortunate to have you.

and Nigel, you'd be the coolest, wildest grandpa ever.

BTW: Just found out I'm going to be a GREAT GRANDPA!

Del, my grandson/drummer and is fabulous little wife are expecting.

I just picked up my license plate that says "Proud Great Grandpa".

When my son Ben was growing up, he would borrow my truck and take off the "Proud Grandpa" plate.

That damn plate went on and off my truck 50 or more times until it just gave up!

Be well, you two.

Russ (proud Great Grandpa to be) Lay

#455453 - 07/30/18 12:18 PM Re: Russ & Nigel - where did I go wrong [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Arrrggggg! A new mid-life crisis. As a result of my grandson's band camp (and probably that trip to Guitar Center), my 40-something son has suddenly developed a renewed interest in playing guitar (again). He's pulled out his 30 yr old Ibanez guitar and Fender amp, neither of which has been turned on for at least 20 yrs but amazingly, still work (more or less). He said he never loosened the strings on the guitar and as a result the neck is slightly warped, but otherwise it's in good shape???? He wasn't that great 30 years ago smile but at least he and his son will have one more thing to share....so I guess that's a good thing. Geez it's hard to wean them off those darn guitars smile.

Russ, remember your 'misspent youth'? You may already be a great-grandpa and just don't know it smile smile smile. But congratulations anyway.

chas

Edited by cgiles (07/30/18 12:21 PM)

#455572 - 08/02/18 12:36 AM Re: Russ & Nigel - where did I go wrong [Re: captain Russ]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
That is fantastic Russ. Congrats.

#455573 - 08/02/18 12:39 AM Re: Russ & Nigel - where did I go wrong [Re: cgiles]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Haha Chas. There is something very physical about guitars that can't be beat. And I am sure that slight neck warp can be addressed with a small twist of the truss rod. So great they have renewed their interest in music.

#455579 - 08/02/18 05:43 AM Re: Russ & Nigel - where did I go wrong [Re: cgiles]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
Congrats too Chas, you are the greatest. Top marks for the support you give the young blood in your family. Keep the good work up in the next Gen too; if you don't loose it before then. ha ha.

Allan

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online