SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#45539 - 04/28/07 04:51 AM Style Disk and SD cards on Ebay
Walt Tenay Offline

Loc: Rutherfordton, NC
Hi to All,

It appears that more and more SD cards and additional style disk are showing up on Ebay UK and US more consistenly especially for Technics Instruments.

Unfortunately most of these cards are bootleg copies of material that are still being sold by the original companies that produced them along with a limited number of distributors. Also I understand that some of these companies have stolen styles and data from other person's website.

I believe that the people selling this material on ebay feel that since Technics is out of business it is OK to mass produce this data and continue to sell anything they can duplicate or get their hands on.

However most of the styles are copyrighted by the individual independent companies that
are still actively in business.

Myself and several other companies are putting e-bay on notificiation of this illegal practice and are asking Ebay to take the necessary steps to stop this.

We all look for "deals" on ebay to save a few dollars here and there. There are certainly real deals out there but please use caution and common sense when dealing with these bandits that mass produce this data.

Walt Tenay
Walt Tenay Keyboard Studios
Tech Help 1-828-287-5321
Sales: 1-800-706-1088
Email: keyboards@bellsouth.net

#45540 - 04/28/07 05:16 AM Re: Style Disk and SD cards on Ebay
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Well Said Walt

I was a victim of these unscrupulous "merchants"
One to watch for has an ebay handle which is similar to the name of the author of the novels "1984" and "Animal Farm"

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#45541 - 04/28/07 03:19 PM Re: Style Disk and SD cards on Ebay
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Bill and Walt,

I have a question for you. Most people I know let their Floppies/SD Cards go with the Keyboard when doing a deal. Does this rule of law apply when trading in?

I look forward to your reply on this one.

All the best to you both.

Audrey

#45542 - 04/29/07 03:09 AM Re: Style Disk and SD cards on Ebay
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I seriously doubt if that would be a problem, based on a recent case where a woman was sentenced to two years for selling Ipods loaded with music.

As I understand it, the illegal part of it was the REPEATED copying of the downloaded music for every Ipod sold.

To sell it loaded with your music is one thing, to do it many times, is not.

#45543 - 04/30/07 03:23 PM Re: Style Disk and SD cards on Ebay
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Thanks for your response Bernie. I wasn't thinking of the owner's settings on the keyboard but the pre-recorded floppies. i.e: I have two KN7s both loaded with my own settings plus old floppies and more recently SD Cards all of my own work which I would be happy to pass on if I were to trade in the KNs.

However, I also have approx. 150 profes-sional floppies and two loaded SD Cards bought from Technote, Styledisk Warehouse etc. and it is these I was thinking of. Would it be against the law to pass these on with the Keyboard?

Did you know if you play 'live' you have to have an Public Entertainer's Licence but if you go in to a crowded pub, pick up the microphone and sing along with a Karaoke machine all night, you do NOT need a Licence. Can someone please explain this idiosynchrasy, after all both entertain the Public don't they?

What a crazy World we live in eh?

Audrey

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online