SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#455474 - 07/30/18 05:42 PM Re: Talk me into win 10 from win 7.. [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Dave, my security camera during the past week has recorded deer every night and every day. Every time the cell phone alarm goes off, it's a deer that has triggered the camera. Just amazing at the number of critters I have roaming around here. Thank goodness, most are four legged. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#455481 - 07/30/18 08:03 PM Re: Talk me into win 10 from win 7.. [Re: Dnj]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
We live about the equivalent of a city block away from the Paluxy River which flows from Erath County, through Hood County briefly and then through Somervell and our sleepy little town of Glen Rose. (West Mayberry in my thinking... LOL!) and onto the Brazos River about two miles downstream from Glen Rose.

When we first moved here about ten years ago, there was a large 40 acre pasture behind our house and the wild-life would use it to journey through on their way to the River. Deer, Coyotes, Wild Turkey, Foxes and all manner of wild birds and Hawks would stop and devour our flowers, graze on our lawn during the night and leave lots of "smart pills" on our sidewalk as a form of payment. Now the field is being turned into another quaint neighborhood and the critters are pretty wary about coming through... and yet, every now and then we see them dashing past.

Can't help but feel sorry for them being displaced. At least, for the present, they have a couple of routes from the mountain down to the River. So far, most of our critters are of the wild variety or happen to be joggers or folks intent on fishing.

Be well and keep sailing when you are feeling "up to it."

All the best, ----Dave

#455483 - 07/30/18 10:51 PM Re: Talk me into win 10 from win 7.. [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Same thing here. When we moved "out" here in the country, there were all kinds of animals. You could hear coyotes howling every night. Deer, rabbits, squirrels, plenty of quail, doves, etc. Now houses everywhere...the vacant lot next door has a big house on it, the dead-end street where we were the last house is now another sub-division.
The golf course in the back yard has closed. It's still undeveloped so far...but probably not for long. Progress, I suppose.

#455489 - 07/31/18 04:44 AM Re: Talk me into win 10 from win 7.. [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
Same thing here. When we moved "out" here in the country, there were all kinds of animals. You could hear coyotes howling every night. Deer, rabbits, squirrels, plenty of quail, doves, etc. Now houses everywhere...the vacant lot next door has a big house on it, the dead-end street where we were the last house is now another sub-division.
The golf course in the back yard has closed. It's still undeveloped so far...but probably not for long. Progress, I suppose.

Same here out in the Pines Don it's like Safari Adventure !!!

#455490 - 07/31/18 04:53 AM Re: Talk me into win 10 from win 7.. [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Yep, some things are the same everywhere, like you allways returning to the high end PSR-S Yamaha arranger.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#455492 - 07/31/18 05:04 AM Re: Talk me into win 10 from win 7.. [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By Dnj

Yep, some things are the same everywhere, like you allways returning to the high end PSR-S Yamaha arranger.

Bachus My musical needs change all the time.....
when it rains you open an umbrella.....
when the sun shines you put on sunglasses....
I'm sure you can understand what I'm saying... cool2

#455493 - 07/31/18 06:39 AM Re: Talk me into win 10 from win 7.. [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Dnj

I know, i know, i know

Glad i left that behind, since i don't leave the home anymore, i am covered with my current setup...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#455494 - 07/31/18 06:42 AM Re: Talk me into win 10 from win 7.. [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Dnj

I know, i know, i know

Glad i left that behind, since i don't leave the home anymore, i am covered with my current setup...

Ώπα

Edited by Dnj (07/31/18 06:43 AM)

#455499 - 07/31/18 09:16 AM Re: Talk me into win 10 from win 7.. [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
So Donny, is linguistics your new hobby?

smile

chas

#455504 - 07/31/18 10:54 AM Re: Talk me into win 10 from win 7.. [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I’m late to the discussion but here’s my 2 cents. I worked as an MIS manager in the Windows world for 15 years and have rarely used a Windoze machine since retiring 5 years ago from full time work. My wife has one that she rarely fires up but once in a while I’ll do the updates to it. She prefers an iPad because of its simplicity.

With that said back in 2007 we bought an iMac, in 2009 added a refurbished MacBook Pro that I still use today. I replaced the battery and added some RAM and installed an SSD in the laptop. So here it is 9 years later and it has been trouble free as is my iMac that I replaced in 2012. Yea i know some despise Apple and today they have become rip off artists with their pricing of equipment.

Last but not least don’t overlook a Google Chromebook. For $200 I bought an ASUS Chromebook with a metal case that looks more like a $1000 Mac Book air. And it is durable as the MacBook Air. Yes you have to have a live internet connection to use it and most of the time tasks are done via the Chrome browser. It boots in about 10 seconds, it’s virus free and in the unlikely event of a problem the Chromebooks have a built in utility called POWERWASH, click that utility and the computer is restored to out of the box condition.

I have people who regularly ask me for help with their Windows machines and I’ll help them if they need it, but it’s unlikely I’ll ever go back to using Windows unless I absolutely have to.

P.S. By the way it was our friend Ed Shoemaker that mentioned I may want to investigate the Asus Chromebook, he was right on with the suggestion.

Edited by Stephenm52 (07/31/18 10:55 AM)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online