SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#455263 - 07/26/18 05:02 PM Re: Possible Genos problem...? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Yep, that's precisely what happens, Fran.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#455264 - 07/26/18 11:42 PM Re: Possible Genos problem...? [Re: MacAllcock]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By MacAllcock
Change settings whilst holding notes and you will get this sort of thing and always have.

The Montage seamless switching behaviour is very impressive but the way it works is extremely hard to achieve in an arranger because of the way it works, which I think is this - based on an over The shoulder view of this being demoed so I might be completely wrong!

The Montage runs permanently in a performance mode where up to 16 layers of sound can be played simultaneously to form a single voice. That makes a hugely dense sound but as each layer is good enough for a decent sound on its own you rarely need to use that many layers to get a rich and complex voice. What the seamless crossfade does is fade down one voice which is using up to 8 layers and fade up another voice which is already loaded into the other 8 layers not currently in use. So there's no effect or voice changing going on during the cross fade and thus no glitches.

Crafty....

The kronos from korg also has patch remain, same as seamless sound switching... works for all 16 sounds and all 12 insert dsp’s, amd not just 8... now thats impressive.

Also the pa4x solves this particular thing much better then the Genos... when i am back home (currently out of town for a long weekmd) i will make a video of it..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#455265 - 07/27/18 01:16 AM Re: Possible Genos problem...? [Re: Dnj]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Seamless change/play came out in the 80s when digital and sampling started to make inroads and it is surprising that in 2018 (30 years later) there are still instruments that don’t have it. (NOTE: Pure analogue instruments by their very nature do not have seamless play, but there is no reason why digital sampling instruments should not have it)
The first time I came across it for my own use was in 1985 when I built my Wersi Alpha organ, (The DX range were the first digital organs from Wersi) and it was great as you could change from a string sound (Which always have a fairly long release) to a new voice and the string release would carry on until it came to its natural end, plus it was great for an ending as you could hold a solo note (For example) select another voice and play the rest of the chord with your other fingers with the new voice while the solo voice carried on.

Bill

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online