SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#455195 - 07/25/18 08:59 AM Possible Genos problem...?
Dnj Offline

confused1

#455197 - 07/25/18 09:36 AM Re: Possible Genos problem...? [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

confused1

No, its a feature on the Genos as Yamaha forgot to implement SSS seamless sound switching as they did in the Montage, seems they still think arranger players don’t need high end professional features.

Same goes for all other Yamaha arrangers.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#455210 - 07/25/18 02:15 PM Re: Possible Genos problem...? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, this has been the same since the advent of the PSR-2000. However, for me, it was never a problem. If you notice, the player is selecting voices from registrations, and it appears that he may have his sustain pedal held down, which would cause the sound/voice to carry over into the next one selected from a registration. This does not happen if you select the voice directly from the onboard user area, which is the way I did this most of the time. Same holds true if the voice is selected via the OTS setting when a variation is changed - no problem.

I guess this could be fixed with a software upgrade, but for the most part, it has never been a deal breaker for anyone contemplating purchasing a Yamaha Arranger Keyboard.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#455212 - 07/25/18 02:29 PM Re: Possible Genos problem...? [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Donny, this has been the same since the advent of the PSR-2000. However, for me, it was never a problem. If you notice, the player is selecting voices from registrations, and it appears that he may have his sustain pedal held down, which would cause the sound/voice to carry over into the next one selected from a registration. This does not happen if you select the voice directly from the onboard user area, which is the way I did this most of the time. Same holds true if the voice is selected via the OTS setting when a variation is changed - no problem.

I guess this could be fixed with a software upgrade, but for the most part, it has never been a deal breaker for anyone contemplating purchasing a Yamaha Arranger Keyboard.

Gary cool

Gary I never encountered this either on all my Yamaha arrangers...
but I never played a genos as of yet.

#455220 - 07/25/18 03:10 PM Re: Possible Genos problem...? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, this usually occurs when playing and holding down the left chord while switching voices with right hand registrations. You really have to work hard at it during a performance to cause a problem. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#455239 - 07/26/18 03:54 AM Re: Possible Genos problem...? [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
My thought, yes if I go out of my way I can create that problem but to date I've not found it to be an issue at gigs.

#455243 - 07/26/18 04:26 AM Re: Possible Genos problem...? [Re: Stephenm52]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Not a problem for me. Never encountered this issue.

#455244 - 07/26/18 05:07 AM Re: Possible Genos problem...? [Re: Stephenm52]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted By Stephenm52
My thought, yes if I go out of my way I can create that problem but to date I've not found it to be an issue at gigs.

I never had this problem. It can be avoided with the playing technique.

This fellow found a glitch, and went out of his way to magnify it.

Regards,

Jerryghr

#455258 - 07/26/18 03:09 PM Re: Possible Genos problem...? [Re: Dnj]
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Change settings whilst holding notes and you will get this sort of thing and always have.

The Montage seamless switching behaviour is very impressive but the way it works is extremely hard to achieve in an arranger because of the way it works, which I think is this - based on an over The shoulder view of this being demoed so I might be completely wrong!

The Montage runs permanently in a performance mode where up to 16 layers of sound can be played simultaneously to form a single voice. That makes a hugely dense sound but as each layer is good enough for a decent sound on its own you rarely need to use that many layers to get a rich and complex voice. What the seamless crossfade does is fade down one voice which is using up to 8 layers and fade up another voice which is already loaded into the other 8 layers not currently in use. So there's no effect or voice changing going on during the cross fade and thus no glitches.

Crafty....

#455259 - 07/26/18 03:46 PM Re: Possible Genos problem...? [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
The problem you usually hear even with voice reserve.... are insert effects that are held over to the new sound..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online