SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#455158 - 07/23/18 01:38 PM Please send this to Joe Waters someone...
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi Joe,

In the process of updating my old email address, I accidentally unregistered myself from PSR Tutorial. Won't you please be so kind as to re-activate my old "Henni" account again.

My new email address: buildtofly@yahoo.com.

Kind regards,

Henni
South Africa

#455162 - 07/23/18 04:10 PM Re: Please send this to Joe Waters someone... [Re: Henni]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi Henni:

I sent Joe an E-mail requesting that he read your request here. I explained that you had accidentally removed your address from his website. Hopefully, he will follow through. Normally, I would have done a "cut and paste" of your E-mail address but I've been having some security problems and did not want to cause more.

Regards, ----Dave

#455163 - 07/23/18 04:24 PM Re: Please send this to Joe Waters someone... [Re: Riceroni9]
Henni Offline

Hi Dave,

Thank you so much my kind friend. I am sorted.

Kind regards,

Henni

#455193 - 07/25/18 07:45 AM Re: Please send this to Joe Waters someone... [Re: Henni]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Henni:

I received a nice reply from Joe... confirming your status. Glad to be able to provide assistance. ----Dave

#455199 - 07/25/18 09:43 AM Re: Please send this to Joe Waters someone... [Re: Henni]
Bachus Offline

Henni did you make the step to Yamaha?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#455203 - 07/25/18 12:01 PM Re: Please send this to Joe Waters someone... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi Bachus

It's been months already. Nothing wrong with Ketron except that they do not cater for unofficial individuals to create & especially distribute new styles. Maybe so in a limited way, but not in a way that I would desire.

Yamaha on the other hand, stands out in this regard. They even provide the tools. Mega Enhancer is FANTASTIC and can change even dull sounding styles into something spectacular - I cannot begin to tell you how often I use this FANTASTIC piece of software. Plus I can make every style of every model play well on whatever I have - with Ketron this is not so. Heck, even the Genos styles can be made to play on the PSR S970 EXACTLY like they sound on the Genos! I also fell in love once again with those fantastic Mega guitars. Try as I would, I could not reproduce these on my Audya. Believe me, I've tweaked mine to its absolute maximum.

I still have my Audya, but rarely even switch it on lately. Recently I switched it on and auditioned most of it's styles, trying my absolute best to be impressed once again. It did not work.

The audio guitars are nice, but there are only so many and eventually this becomes quite boring. To me personally, the audio drums does not make for such a big advantage. This feature is completely over hyped.

I love tweaking and modifying styles and right now I am once again having a ball with it. Plus I have more fantastic styles than I could ever use, covering genres from one extreme to the next.

Nothing sounds more authentic than Ketron. Nothing sounds more exiting than Yamaha. That sums it up correct.

Yamaha = diversity.

Henni

#455211 - 07/25/18 02:17 PM Re: Please send this to Joe Waters someone... [Re: Henni]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Henni

A very interesting observation from you,in particular, for two reasons. You have been deeply involved in sounds and styles of the Audya for some time now. Secondly, you have carried this over to Yamaha with no bias against Ketron,in fact, just the opposite. I don't pretend to know why, but interesting.

#455235 - 07/25/18 09:32 PM Re: Please send this to Joe Waters someone... [Re: Henni]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Henni
Hi Bachus

It's been months already. Nothing wrong with Ketron except that they do not cater for unofficial individuals to create & especially distribute new styles. Maybe so in a limited way, but not in a way that I would desire.

Yamaha on the other hand, stands out in this regard. They even provide the tools. Mega Enhancer is FANTASTIC and can change even dull sounding styles into something spectacular - I cannot begin to tell you how often I use this FANTASTIC piece of software. Plus I can make every style of every model play well on whatever I have - with Ketron this is not so. Heck, even the Genos styles can be made to play on the PSR S970 EXACTLY like they sound on the Genos! I also fell in love once again with those fantastic Mega guitars. Try as I would, I could not reproduce these on my Audya. Believe me, I've tweaked mine to its absolute maximum.

I still have my Audya, but rarely even switch it on lately. Recently I switched it on and auditioned most of it's styles, trying my absolute best to be impressed once again. It did not work.

The audio guitars are nice, but there are only so many and eventually this becomes quite boring. To me personally, the audio drums does not make for such a big advantage. This feature is completely over hyped.

I love tweaking and modifying styles and right now I am once again having a ball with it. Plus I have more fantastic styles than I could ever use, covering genres from one extreme to the next.

Nothing sounds more authentic than Ketron. Nothing sounds more exiting than Yamaha. That sums it up correct.

Yamaha = diversity.

Henni

Thank you Henni..

It says more about Yamaha then about Ketron..
I think Ketron would be wise to allow the import of yamaha styles in their keyboards. Sionce they don't make any money selling extra styles, they can afford to do so.

And i have been saying, Yamaha is style diversity, for a long time now. If only they would make an 88 key Genos.

#455273 - 07/27/18 09:42 AM Re: Please send this to Joe Waters someone... [Re: Bachus]
Henni Offline

This is what I mean...

Attachments
Mega_Guitars.mp3 (31 downloads)

#455274 - 07/27/18 10:02 AM Re: Please send this to Joe Waters someone... [Re: Henni]
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hello Henni , what is this Yamaha Mega Enhancer...is it a special computer software ….it sounds very interesting .
any chance you could explain a little about what it actually can do ?.....… many thanks

#455275 - 07/27/18 10:06 AM Re: Please send this to Joe Waters someone... [Re: Giovanni]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Giovanni
Hello Henni , what is this Yamaha Mega Enhancer...is it a special computer software ….it sounds very interesting .
any chance you could explain a little about what it actually can do ?.....… many thanks

I think he means he is using the mega voice guitars in the Yamaha arrangers.. its a specific type of sounds only usable in styles...

#455284 - 07/27/18 06:11 PM Re: Please send this to Joe Waters someone... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

MEGAEnhancer converts MIDI events which specify voices, such as Program Change and Bank Select in XG/GM songs to MIDI
events which specify MegaVoices. It also changes velocity values of note events so that the sound of the appropriate performance techniques will be used. Furthermore, MEGAEnhancer decides whether it is necessary to add the sound of a certain performance technique by analyzing the phrase (note events) in the song data. If the decision is made to add the sound, MEGAEnhancer searches for the note number and velocity to which the appropriate sound is assigned and adds these events to the song data.

What is MegaVoice?

What makes MegaVoices special is their use of velocity switching. Normal voices use velocity switching, too — to change the sound quality and/or level of a voice according to how strongly or softly you play it. This makes the voice sound authentic and natural. With MegaVoices, however, each velocity range (the measure of your playing strength) has a completely different sound. For example, a Mega guitar voice includes the sounds of various performance techniques. In conventional instruments, different voices having those sounds would be called up via MIDI and played in combination to achieve the desired effect. With MegaVoices a convincing guitar part can be played with just a single voice, using specific velocity values to play the desired sounds.

Because of the complex nature of these voices and the precise velocities needed to play the sounds, they are not intended to be used for keyboard performance. They are, however, very useful and convenient when creating MIDI data — especially when you want to avoid using several different voices just for a single instrument part.

Note:
1. See attached manual for full detail.
2. See the before and after demos for illustration.

Attachments
MEGAEnha1_4.pdf (75 downloads)
Dueling_Banjos.mp3 (4 downloads)
Dueling_Banjos_mega.mp3 (5 downloads)

#455287 - 07/27/18 08:48 PM Re: Please send this to Joe Waters someone... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Example 02

Attachments
Before 02.mp3 (5 downloads)
After 02.mp3 (3 downloads)

#455289 - 07/27/18 09:09 PM Re: Please send this to Joe Waters someone... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Example 03.

Attachments
Before 03.mp3 (4 downloads)
After 03.mp3 (1 downloads)

#455291 - 07/27/18 09:27 PM Re: Please send this to Joe Waters someone... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Example 04.

Attachments
Before 04.mp3 (2 downloads)
After 04.mp3 (2 downloads)

#455293 - 07/27/18 10:17 PM Re: Please send this to Joe Waters someone... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

I can create many more demos, but the above should illustrate clearly just what is possible.

For styles, first convert the style to midi, convert the midi to Mega Voices and then convert midi back to style & viola, you end up with an AMAZING style, enhancing everything that could be enhanced to the latest available technology!

#455295 - 07/28/18 12:05 AM Re: Please send this to Joe Waters someone... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Heck, why not? I'm having a blast. Later today I'll find some distortion guitar midis to convert to cover the whole spectrum.

Attachments
Before 06.mp3 (1 downloads)
After 06.mp3 (1 downloads)
Before 07.mp3 (1 downloads)
After 07.mp3 (1 downloads)

#455305 - 07/28/18 06:14 AM Re: Please send this to Joe Waters someone... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Just because...

Attachments
Before 08.mp3 (1 downloads)
After 08.mp3 (1 downloads)
Before 09.mp3 (1 downloads)
After 09.mp3 (1 downloads)

#455306 - 07/28/18 06:18 AM Re: Please send this to Joe Waters someone... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

I like to do this...

Attachments
Before 10.mp3 (1 downloads)
After 10.mp3 (1 downloads)
Before 11.mp3 (0 downloads)
After 11.mp3 (1 downloads)

#455307 - 07/28/18 06:21 AM Re: Please send this to Joe Waters someone... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

As I really love...

Attachments
Before 12.mp3 (1 downloads)
After 12.mp3 (5 downloads)
Before 13.mp3 (1 downloads)
After 13.mp3 (1 downloads)

#455308 - 07/28/18 06:27 AM Re: Please send this to Joe Waters someone... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

To enhance things.

This then concludes my humble demonstration of Yamaha' software to fully utilize their Mega Voice technology. Both for Midi and Style files. I am sure that a Yamaha professional could demonstrate this much better and in more detail.

Henni
South Africa

Attachments
Before 14.mp3 (0 downloads)
After 14.mp3 (0 downloads)
Before 15.mp3 (1 downloads)
After 15.mp3 (1 downloads)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online