SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#455034 - 07/20/18 02:49 PM Re: The old Stereo vs. Mono topic ... revisited ... [Re: jimlaing]
Dnj Offline

One voice will not change the overall sound of the mix..but to each their own...

#455040 - 07/20/18 07:17 PM Re: The old Stereo vs. Mono topic ... revisited ... [Re: jimlaing]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, the only ones that, obviously, need changing are the stereo sampled voices, which mainly are pianos. Changing them makes a world of difference. I don't know of any stereo styles or multi-pads, but I could be wrong because I pretty much ignore some of the new styles in the dance area of the keyboard.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#455050 - 07/21/18 04:08 AM Re: The old Stereo vs. Mono topic ... revisited ... [Re: jimlaing]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Gary's right Donny. Changing the piano voice can make a huge difference.

#455154 - 07/23/18 11:56 AM Re: The old Stereo vs. Mono topic ... revisited ... [Re: travlin'easy]
mellow1 Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Gary,
i would like to try your mono-piano, for those rare occasions I may need to play in mono.
Do you think it will work on a Tyros5?

Thanks,
Skip G

#455165 - 07/23/18 05:15 PM Re: The old Stereo vs. Mono topic ... revisited ... [Re: jimlaing]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
It will work on all Yamaha arranger keyboards.

You can download it from: https://app.box.com/s/620aqowt5q1vlnvcl7n9 The link provides you with a number of modified voices I created for Yamaha arranger keyboards. They will all work on the T5.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#455172 - 07/23/18 07:22 PM Re: The old Stereo vs. Mono topic ... revisited ... [Re: Bill Lewis]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
Even if not needed I use both my Eon Ones. Did an outdoor Happy Hour which had to be laidback and low-key but it only took me a few extra minutes to set up the second Eon. The full sound surrounding me made me happy and I guess it sounded good to the people too. I got a number of compliments and no requests to turn down.
As i said before stereo give your sound more "depth and body" JMHO

At the end of the day, if you "feel" good about how you sound, then you tend to play better and that flows though the music to the audience; in my opinion.

Allan

#455252 - 07/26/18 11:21 AM Re: The old Stereo vs. Mono topic ... revisited ... [Re: jimlaing]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Quick report - I did another job at the same place, same setup, as mentioned in this note as I created it - except I used 2 Bose S1's instead of 1. No surprise: sounded MUCH better ... I know that stereo will sound better than mono, and I almost always go stereo - but I didn't know it would make that much difference in clarity, fullness, "feel-good-about-playing" etc.!

2 Bose S1's did fantastic for this and other smaller gigs I have done ... setup is so quick. For a couple of places I play regularly, I just put them on the floor, a bit behind, angled up (using the built-in slight angle-up position), seem to do well and got good feedback on the overall sound. I can hear them as "monitors" just fine, and reports are that they get good sound to the audience. I have not yet had to re-charge the battery, and I've done I think 5 gigs with them (1 hour each).

Jim

#455254 - 07/26/18 12:34 PM Re: The old Stereo vs. Mono topic ... revisited ... [Re: jimlaing]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By jimlaing
Quick report - I did another job at the same place, same setup, as mentioned in this note as I created it - except I used 2 Bose S1's instead of 1. No surprise: sounded MUCH better ... I know that stereo will sound better than mono, and I almost always go stereo - but I didn't know it would make that much difference in clarity, fullness, "feel-good-about-playing" etc.!

2 Bose S1's did fantastic for this and other smaller gigs I have done ... setup is so quick. For a couple of places I play regularly, I just put them on the floor, a bit behind, angled up (using the built-in slight angle-up position), seem to do well and got good feedback on the overall sound. I can hear them as "monitors" just fine, and reports are that they get good sound to the audience. I have not yet had to re-charge the battery, and I've done I think 5 gigs with them (1 hour each).

Jim

Jim...good news no surprise there Stereo is the way to go.
good luck

headphone

#455290 - 07/27/18 09:19 PM Re: The old Stereo vs. Mono topic ... revisited ... [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
I’ve been very impressed with my Bose S1 pair. However, I’ve always had them on stands. I haven’t tried the floor placement thing but I’ve read others reporting good results.

#455304 - 07/28/18 06:01 AM Re: The old Stereo vs. Mono topic ... revisited ... [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By guitpic1
I’ve been very impressed with my Bose S1 pair. However, I’ve always had them on stands. I haven’t tried the floor placement thing but I’ve read others reporting good results.

doesn't the space station supposed take the place of using 2 speakers

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online