SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#454228 - 07/02/18 05:58 AM SD4voices interchangeable with the sd 7 and sd 9?
hspeulman Offline

Hello all.
I am a new participant on this forum. Glad that there is such a forum for Ketron. Very useful to read all this. Thanks for that.
I use the SD40 in combination with a Novation Impulse and / or Nordstage 88. As a music duo, but also in a 5 man band. I live in the Netherlands and have bought the ketron products in the Netherlands (Europe). For this I had a Midjay. Also had all kinds of other keyboards like Yamaha Tyros), but the Ketron just has the best sounds. Even the piano sounds can compete with my Nordstage !!!
I have been very well helped by AJ in recent weeks, who helped me in a very pleasant way to make settings on the sd40 in combination with the Novation. Very nice support. Interested !!!

Just a basic question; Can I use all styles of the SD9 or SD 7 for the SD40. Do I have to do special operations for that. Do I have to convert it to a different format, or is the format of the SD 7-9 recognized by the SD40? Any special program needed? Are the new voices of the SD 7-9 usable for the SD40. Is there a database on the forum where these sounds and voices are located?
Thanks in advance.
Henk

#454235 - 07/02/18 06:53 AM Re: SD4voices interchangeable with the sd 7 and sd 9? [Re: hspeulman]
IMMusic_Curt Offline

Loc: New Symrna Beach, Fl.
The SD7 is a keyboard version of the SD40 so you should be able to share between those two. Not 100% sure as we don't have an SD7 to verify but I would expect all of the "factory sounds and styles" to be the same? As for SD9 - that's a different story. For a list of the factory SD40 sound location and bank/program change info:

Go Here

Use MIDI In1 for access to all 16 channels and factory banks. MIDI In2
works a little different although it does give you access to the User sounds - if you have any.

#454275 - 07/03/18 01:15 AM Re: SD4voices interchangeable with the sd 7 and sd 9? [Re: IMMusic_Curt]
hspeulman Offline

Thank you. Is it possible to share styles and voices via this site? Which extension do I actually need for the sd40. What works?

Do you have experience with the use of the vocalist. Well you use midi channel. I want to use it occasionally in a tape. So use a second microphone for this.

When you use midi 1 and when midi 2 (keyb).

#454295 - 07/03/18 11:34 AM Re: SD4voices interchangeable with the sd 7 and sd 9? [Re: hspeulman]
IMMusic_Curt Offline

Loc: New Symrna Beach, Fl.
*.kst (Ketron Style) is the file extension used on SD40 for styles.

We have not used the Voicetron (Vocalist) section. Heck for that matter we don't even own a mic that we can plug in to try it. Probably a good thing. Pretty sure you don't want to hear us singing anything! smile

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online