SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#45393 - 05/27/07 04:49 AM PLEASE READ THIS.
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
After posting “Florida 2008 Jam” and getting no responses, I thought we might offer the same topic here on this forum realizing that many of you can not attend the forum.

So if there is interest please reply.

John C.

#45394 - 05/27/07 06:05 AM Re: PLEASE READ THIS.
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
JOHN..... It would be of greater interest to me if the jam were scheduled in the middle of our great country.....Better still in the west. Perhaps it might be in one place one year and another the following years?

Yes, those who come from across the pond would have to travel further once in a while or skip a year?

Maybe regional jams would present less inconvenience to those who do not live in FL.

My home base is in extreme S.E. NM....my only home is a Motor Home..... I will be glad to help should a decision be made to have a jam in NM or AZ during the winter months....or early Spring? I am NOT volunteering to be the "Head Honcho"......

ELIZABETH EVELYN KN7 & KN6 player

#45395 - 05/27/07 08:29 AM Re: PLEASE READ THIS.
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi John
I understand that you are looking for some confirmation that the direction/coverage/agenda/subject matter of the next Florida Keyboard Convention is appropriate to its participants.
You know that old expression 'I don't know what I don't know...' - I think that applies here for all our good friends who attend. I find at our club that if you ask 'what don't you understand' it all goes very quiet...however if you start explaining something - say using panel memories - suddenly questions come flooding in that clearly indicate that this item has been a complete no go area up till now for many.
So I suspect that whatever subjects you cover, your audience apart from the 'pros' will be agog...
I'm using your list for our proposed UK Convention...
Best wishes
Rog

#45396 - 05/27/07 08:45 AM Re: PLEASE READ THIS.

Thanks Rog --Me

#45397 - 05/27/07 09:06 AM Re: PLEASE READ THIS.

1-Working with Panel Memory.
2-Easy record.
3-Sequencing.
4-Working with the SD card.
5-Creating and using Pads.
6-Creating or altering sounds. (Sound Edit)
7-Creating and altering styles for the composer.
8-Microphone and effects.
9-Sound Arranger.
10-Creating and using Favorites.
11-Customizing the window. (Home page)
12-Customizing Time Out display and Data Protection.
13-Adding pictures to your sequence.

Let’s define #1 Working with Panel Memory
Panel Memory is the wheel at the right side. In the past organ players made changes in rhythm, instrument sounds, tempo, and more --- manually. Today with one of the panel memory buttons in the wheel you can select changes in many areas of you keyboard. One push is all you need to make extensive changes on the keyboard.

Ex. You can write the names of eight different songs in one bank of the panel memory – there are eight buttons to each bank. Ten numbered banks and three lettered (ABC) banks.

Ex.
Panel memory buttons:
1-Dancing in the dark
2-LeRoy Brown
3-Never on Sunday ECT ----- 1 thru 10

For #1 you select the style, tempo, instruments used for RT1,RT2, and Left – plus more.
When you press #1 Dancing in the dark the keyboard is ready with all the perimeters you have selected. Repeat the same for every button and every bank in the panel memory. When you are finished you will have 104 Song set-ups ready for playing – No searching and guessing. There is more, much more.

How am I doing Rog, John C.

#45398 - 05/27/07 10:13 AM Re: PLEASE READ THIS.
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
John

I think this is excellent. How true it is that "you don't know what you don't know. Just because you know what the wheel is, doesn't mean that you know it and all it's uses well.

There was a time I proposed going back to basics. This was because many new owners have acquired KN7000's used. This is still useful to many of us(including myself) that was in a hurry to play music without learning the instrument.

This is what we discussed at my house regarding the 2008 agenda. I know it will go well then,but getting this forum busier is important too.

Bernie

#45399 - 05/27/07 11:08 AM Re: PLEASE READ THIS.
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello All,

I agree with everything that has been suggested, but would suggest two more items to your list:-

1) The importance of naming, saving & backing up your settings.

2) How to produce your own Music Stylist settings.

Come to think of it, we should perhaps all post our own 'wish list' here which could possibly help Roger with the planning of such a great event here in England.

All the Best!

Audrey

[This message has been edited by Audrey Turner (edited 05-27-2007).]

#45400 - 05/27/07 11:09 AM Re: PLEASE READ THIS.
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello All,

I agree with everything that has been suggested, but would add more items to your list Rog:-

1) The importance of naming, saving & backing up your settings.

2) How to produce your own Music Stylist settings.

Come to think of it, we should perhaps all post our own 'wish list' here which could possibly help Roger with the planning of such a great event here in England.

All the Best!

Audrey

#45401 - 05/27/07 11:32 AM Re: PLEASE READ THIS.

Audrey,
I never knew you to stutter, ha ha ha two posts saying the same thing.

I am not in charge here ---But--- I think we should, no, let me correct that. I think you should take the subject, “How to produce your own Music Stylist settings” – Post what you know and allow others to join in. Each subject selected will allow the members here a chance to offer their method of use giving all of us a chance to learn a different view on the same subject.

I would hope that we complete a subject before we start another, we don’t want to mess up a good thing. (A bit of slang)

Thanks Audrey, John C.

#45402 - 05/28/07 02:42 AM Re: PLEASE READ THIS.
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Folks , A great idea to inject more life and interest into the best keyboard !! and forum

Regards ..........Giovanni

#45403 - 05/28/07 05:13 AM Re: PLEASE READ THIS.
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Keep thinking Audrey - I've added your 2 great ideas to those from John C...
Anybody else either with suggestions or with questions..?
Rog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online