SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#453619 - 06/18/18 06:14 AM Bringin' It To The Streets...
Dnj Offline

Edited by Dnj (06/18/18 12:46 PM)

#453624 - 06/18/18 09:29 AM Re: Bringin' It To The Streets... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Wow! He's a much better than average Karaoke singer.

Donny, you gotta get out more.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#453626 - 06/18/18 11:20 AM Re: Bringin' It To The Streets... [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
He may be singing to a backing track, but he's far more than a Karaoke singer ...

There is so much talent out there, you never know when you are going to run into some ... went for a quick dinner a couple of nights ago with another couple and this young woman is our waitress ... We start talking and find out she is pursuing a singing career ... Check this out ... [video:youtube]https://youtu.be/7Zua4sLFtNs[/video]

#453627 - 06/18/18 11:32 AM Re: Bringin' It To The Streets... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
He may be singing to a backing track, but he's far more than a Karaoke singer ...

There is so much talent out there, you never know when you are going to run into some ... went for a quick dinner a couple of nights ago with another couple and this young woman is our waitress ... We start talking and find out she is pursuing a singing career ... Check this out ... [video:youtube]https://youtu.be/7Zua4sLFtNs[/video]

clap She's not bad at all...
although anything Whitney is BIG Shoes to fill..

good luck to her and her musical journey

#453630 - 06/18/18 12:12 PM Re: Bringin' It To The Streets... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

She's really, really good, Tony. One of my favorite songs, and she did an outstanding rendition. So was the male singer that Donny posted the link to. I wasn't demeaning Karaoke singers, and there are some very, very good ones out there that I have heard personally. Now, if you looked carefully at the video, you could see the Karaoke setup on the table, hence my reference to him as a Karaoke singer. Was supposed to completely ignore that? wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

#453631 - 06/18/18 01:03 PM Re: Bringin' It To The Streets... [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Gary, unfortunately to me the term karaoke singer has a somewhat negative ring to it, I guess like 'one man band' or 'arranger keyboard player' might have to some others, wink so I felt he was more than a "much better than average karaoke singer" ...
I knew he wasn't singing with a live Orchestra but I just concentrated more on how he delivered the song than what his backup music was ...
Just semantics, I guess ...
And I agree, Jenna is very good ... the problem with doing a cover of a Whitney Houston song is that any comparison is going to fall short because there IS only one Whitney Houston ...

#453633 - 06/18/18 01:18 PM Re: Bringin' It To The Streets... [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Tony, as several commenters noted, there are several places in the video where she appears to be lip-syncing. But assuming it's legit, I tend to lean towards Donny on this one. She's not bad but definitely no Whitney Houston. I think some of the commenters on the YT site may have been heavily influenced by her obvious good looks. I hate to negatively comment on a singer since I personally can't sing but although she's not 'bad', I don't think she's the next 'coming'. That's not to say that she won't or couldn't make it in the music biz though (assuming she's actually singing). Others (like Leona Lewis) who I didn't think were that talented, have made it; why not her. My opinion only. OTOH, she makes a helluva great waitress. I'd probably leave her a fat tip, regardless of her waitressing skills smile smile (what's the name of that restaurant again smile ).

chas

#453634 - 06/18/18 01:25 PM Re: Bringin' It To The Streets... [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Both singers sound great to me. Wish I could sing like that! Yes, i agree, anything Whitney is big shoes to fill!

I was thinking of making a wise ass comment about Karaoke too but the guy can sing. And really, there’s a difference between a Karaoke singer and a singer that uses backing tracks, don’t you think?

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#453635 - 06/18/18 01:31 PM Re: Bringin' It To The Streets... [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By montunoman
And really, there’s a difference between a Karaoke singer and a singer that uses backing tracks, don’t you think?

Ditto..... and let's not forget the talent playing and creating the backing tracks...

Edited by Dnj (06/18/18 01:35 PM)

#453636 - 06/18/18 01:50 PM Re: Bringin' It To The Streets... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Well, it kinda depends on whether he or she produced the backing tracks, or is just singing to commercially produced backing tracks, which is all that Karaoke is with embedded lyrics displayed on a screen.

Now, if that person has the talent to produce those backing tracks, he or she can customize them to fit their own needs and vocal range. That's an entirely different skill set.

All the best,

Gary cool

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online