SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#453639 - 06/18/18 03:18 PM Re: Bringin' It To The Streets... [Re: Dnj]
zuki Offline

I'd say the guy is very talented!

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#453641 - 06/18/18 03:19 PM Re: Bringin' It To The Streets... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I concur.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#453642 - 06/18/18 03:40 PM Re: Bringin' It To The Streets... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

#453645 - 06/18/18 03:54 PM Re: Bringin' It To The Streets... [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
As the saying goes "I have no horse in this race" ... but ...

Originally Posted By cgiles

Tony, as several commenters noted, there are several places in the video where she appears to be lip-syncing.

... but definitely no Whitney Houston.

OTOH, she makes a helluva great waitress. I'd probably leave her a fat tip, regardless of her waitressing skills smile smile .

chas

Perhaps ... but who is she lip-synching to ? ... that's certainly not Whitney Houston ...

I don't think ANYONE said she was "Whitney Houston" ... as I posted above, there was only one Whitney ...

She IS a very good waitress, as we have had her wait on us a couple of times - she is very attentive to the tables she serves ...
We had no idea that she sang until the other night when she and a few other staff members were singing Happy Birthday to the table next to us ... her voice rang out above the rest, so we started talking to her about singing ...
She is a 21 year old kid with a dream ... If she makes it, good for her ... I've heard a lot worse on the radio ... and if she doesn't make it, she is STILL a very good waitress ... wink

I don't care if the guy makes his own backing tracks or not, the guy can flat out SING ... which was my point to begin with ... Perhaps he is singing in the streets for two reasons:
1) to make some money:
2) to publicize himself ...

Whatever, it still points out the fact that there is a LOT of great talent out there that goes unrecognized ...
In fact, that's why I worked in an office for 40 years instead of being a 'rock star' ... laugh2 dance rocker

Edited by tony mads usa (06/18/18 03:55 PM)
Edit Reason: typo

#453646 - 06/18/18 03:59 PM Re: Bringin' It To The Streets... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Also Who are WE to judge?...

#453647 - 06/18/18 04:10 PM Re: Bringin' It To The Streets... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

And, just as there is just one Whitney Houston, there is just one Tony Mads, just one Gary Diamond, just Don Mason, just one Donny Pesce, etc... - and thank God for that! wink

All the best,

Gary cool

#453648 - 06/18/18 04:46 PM Re: Bringin' It To The Streets... [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By tony mads usa

Perhaps ... but who is she lip-synching to ? ... that's certainly not Whitney Houston ...

Of course not...that would be too obvious. Probably some ugly chick with flat feet and acne. Who knows? Only way to know for sure is to catch her live performance. Next time you see her, ask where you can catch her live. If she's that good, she should be gigging somewhere. OR.......you could just tell all of us naysayers to go stuff it smile smile. The thing is, if she looked like (a young) Phyllis Diller, would we be even be posting this performance?

smile smile

chas

#453719 - 06/20/18 06:51 AM Re: Bringin' It To The Streets... [Re: travlin'easy]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
He's a much better than average Karaoke singer.

As far as I'm concerned - if you're NOT tied to reading the words, and following the bouncing ball, you're a SINGER, and not a "karaoke" singer.
If that dude was doing his thing in front of a band, no one would have made any such comments. Karaoke is it's own thing, but a singer is a singer, is a singer.
(you can guess that this subject hits close to home)
smile

#453720 - 06/20/18 07:19 AM Re: Bringin' It To The Streets... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
He's a much better than average Karaoke singer.

As far as I'm concerned - if you're NOT tied to reading the words, and following the bouncing ball, you're a SINGER, and not a "karaoke" singer.
If that dude was doing his thing in front of a band, no one would have made any such comments. Karaoke is it's own thing, but a singer is a singer, is a singer.
(you can guess that this subject hits close to home)
smile

Ditto Uncle Dave clap

#453723 - 06/20/18 07:49 AM Re: Bringin' It To The Streets... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Am I the only person that was observant enough to spot the Karaoke system on the table? smile

Gary cool

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online