SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#45346 - 01/18/03 09:33 AM Just Received My SZ-FC2 Foot Controller
Pynbaul Offline

It works great - gives you four foot pedals in one unit with one connection to the back of the KN7. Only one problem with it - the pedals are very close together and it is difficult to select the right pedal with shoes on. Socks work fine, however. The dealer's price on the controller is $169.95. The latest price for the KN7000 Keyboard is $2900 US - still a good price in the US.

My dealer has the SZ-CB7P SD Audio Kit for $136. I am not sure what the P stands for.

If anyone is interested in these items please email me at gaskin562@ivorybox.com. I will be happy to provide you the dealer phone number. I think everybody should have a KN7, and at a good price!

Pynbaul

#45347 - 01/18/03 01:43 PM Re: Just Received My SZ-FC2 Foot Controller
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pynbaul,

I use the four pedal (switch) and a single switch mounted on each side of an expression pedal, all Technote products, for a total of 6.
If the pedals are always located in the same spot like those on a home organ it is easy to find the right pedal. The key is to anchor them so they are always in the same position. They can be mounted on plywood that fits between the legs of your keyboard stand.

Fran in Florida

#45348 - 01/18/03 07:02 PM Re: Just Received My SZ-FC2 Foot Controller
Arthur R. Jacobs Offline

Loc: Alma, Michigan, 48801 USA
Fran & Others: If you trace your pedal bottoms on the plywood sheet. and then cut out the traceing area, you can set your pedal units right down into the cut-outs. Now purhase very thin alum. sheeting, that can be cut with siccors, from your local hardware store. Tape the cut out areas on the BOTTOM with good ol Duck Tape,over the Alum and you then can be sure the pedals will always be in the exact same position, with no chance of slipping or sliding. Cut out the designated area with a Saber saw of course.
I have used mine for four years, with plenty of stomping and kicking, but of course they cannot move. Best wishes with your new project....................ARJ
P.S. When you pick up the board they will not fall off, which is helpful.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online