Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#453318 - 06/09/18 06:52 AM Anyone using the QSC Touch Mix 8
Dnj Offline

Edited by Dnj (06/09/18 06:58 AM)

#453325 - 06/09/18 06:04 PM Re: Anyone using the QSC Touch Mix 8 [Re: Dnj]
The_g-man Offline

Loc: Republic of Ireland
I have the Touchmix 16, I don't get to use it as often as I would want. When I did use it, the screen and interface looked similar to the videos above, the basic intro level use I was putting it through went smoothly from a setup point of view. I went to a QSC forum at the time to get a suggestion for an external Solid State Drive to back up multi-track recordings.

There was a huge [free] upgrade to the unit to bring it closer to the level of the newer Touchmix 30.

The Room Wizard and the Feedback Wizard look very interesting, but several people were mentioning online they were finding bugs in such a large update. Understandable for the first few weeks, but at the time it seemed to me a large number of people also started complaining about their mixers rebooting or switching off mid gig. Along with the way the power connects to the mixer, the power brick is larger than on many laptops for positioning near by.

A lot of the issues seem to be resolved now when I check their page online, it is just a case for me a finding a time to get my band back in the room to record again, and I may look in to getting a measurement mic to use with the Room Wizard.

It felt easy enough to load up the presets for the band including the drum kit, adding some effects and then having monitor mixes, I got to do some gigs with it as well. I really would have preferred to familiarize myself with the EQ settings a lot more. But even still it gave us a better sound than our previous desk, out to the crowd and on stage, and one band member on IEMs was delighted with how much cleaner his mix was.

This video is for the Touchmix 30, but with the upgrade the premise of these features mostly apply to the Touchmix 8 and 16.

#453333 - 06/10/18 07:01 AM Re: Anyone using the QSC Touch Mix 8 [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Gman thanx for the info,...love the "room tuning wizard"
which reminds me of my old EDIROL mixer that had this white noise "Room Acoustic Control" feature also very kool.
https://www.roland.com/global/products/m-16dx/

#453350 - 06/10/18 01:25 PM Re: Anyone using the QSC Touch Mix 8 [Re: Dnj]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
I have touchmix 8 .

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#453357 - 06/10/18 03:41 PM Re: Anyone using the QSC Touch Mix 8 [Re: mirza]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By mirza
I have touchmix 8 .

how do you like it & use it with your music pro/con.....?

#453474 - 06/13/18 12:03 PM Re: Anyone using the QSC Touch Mix 8 [Re: Dnj]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
First of all, I had other digital mixers. And there are so many choices, also very affordable considering what they offer .
Qsc is pretty easy to use. Pretty much I brought it in ,turned it on and right away I was able to adjust everything I need from eq,compression and effects.Very easy.
Preamps are clean, effects are good enough.
Also you can record on it multichannel or as a stereo. You can mix it down.

I don't use much of presets, I make my own adjustments. But they are good starting point.
If you get it you are not going to go wrong.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#453478 - 06/13/18 02:34 PM Re: Anyone using the QSC Touch Mix 8 [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Thanx Miki..... An anolog guy I remain!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online