SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#452080 - 05/17/18 11:11 AM Re: KORG pa1000 VH on/off Pedal Help needed.. [Re: Dnj]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
DonM and others: I wanted a "momentary" function like that for Bass Inversion. For example, if most are plain chords and there is just one "on bass" chord in the whole song, I didn't want to be stuck playing all the chords in root position. Pushing the footswitch twice quickly to turn it "on" and "off" didn't always work. (Aside: hard to believe that NONE of the major brands have this as a momentary function!) So I did some research and solved it a different way...

There's a company called Midi Solutions that makes a module called a Footswitch Controller. You can program it to send one MIDI message on press, and a different one upon release. So, as long as vocal harmony on-off can be controlled with a MIDI message, you can buy the Midi Solutions module and obtain your preferred momentary control.

If you're really handy with electronics, you could probably build some kind of timer circuit with an arduino, raspberry pi, etc. The Midi Solutions module worked for me.

Edited by TedS (05/17/18 02:20 PM)

#452081 - 05/17/18 11:26 AM Re: KORG pa1000 VH on/off Pedal Help needed.. [Re: TedS]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By TedS
DonM and others: I wanted a "momentary" function like that for bass inversion ("on bass,") for example if most are plain chords and there is just one "on bass" chord in the whole song. Can't believe the OS doesn't allow this to be a momentary function, so I did some research and solved it a different way...

There's a company called Midi Solutions that makes a module called a footswitch controller. You can program it to send one MIDI message on press, and a different one upon release. So, as long as vocal harmony on-off can be controlled with a MIDI message, you can buy the Midi Solutions module and obtain your preferred momentary control.

Ted very interesting... Will look at it..

#452083 - 05/17/18 12:55 PM Re: KORG pa1000 VH on/off Pedal Help needed.. [Re: Dnj]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Donny- try Boss FS-6 dual pedal. Selectable polarity and momentary/latching mode for each of the two foot switches. One trs cable. New at Sweetwater, used on ebay. Boss FS-6

Attachments
fs_6_rear2.jpg

Edited by sparky589 (05/17/18 01:09 PM)

#452084 - 05/17/18 01:10 PM Re: KORG pa1000 VH on/off Pedal Help needed.. [Re: sparky589]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By sparky589
Donny- try Boss FS-6 dual pedal. Selectable polarity and momentary/latching mode for each of the two foot switches. One trs cable. New at Sweetwater, used on ebay. Boss FS-6

Had one, works great but needs a 9v battery or power supply.

#452085 - 05/17/18 01:22 PM Re: KORG pa1000 VH on/off Pedal Help needed.. [Re: DonM]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Yes F6 needs battery ( no external power input). F7 has ext pwr but not individual modes selectability.

#452086 - 05/17/18 01:36 PM Re: KORG pa1000 VH on/off Pedal Help needed.. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Had one, works great but needs a 9v battery or power supply......
I like the single units better more versatile....
FS-5L on the way ...fingers crossed..I hope it works....

does anyone know for sure that has a PA1000....????

Edited by Dnj (05/17/18 01:44 PM)

#452087 - 05/17/18 01:56 PM Re: KORG pa1000 VH on/off Pedal Help needed.. [Re: TedS]
Dnj Offline

DonM and others: I wanted a "momentary" function like that for bass inversion ("on bass,") for example if most are plain chords and there is just one "on bass" chord in the whole song. Can't believe the OS doesn't allow this to be a momentary function, so I did some research and solved it a different way...

There's a company called Midi Solutions that makes a module called a footswitch controller. You can program it to send one MIDI message on press, and a different one upon release. So, as long as vocal harmony on-off can be controlled with a MIDI message, you can buy the Midi Solutions module and obtain your preferred momentary control.

MIDI Solutions Footswitch

#452088 - 05/17/18 02:26 PM Re: KORG pa1000 VH on/off Pedal Help needed.. [Re: Dnj]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
I have an FS-6 too, tried that first. If the function does not support a momentary switch in the board's operating system, changing the setting on the pedal won't help.

You have to use MIDI messages (with an "off" message upon release as permitted by the Midi Solutions module.)

If you're really good with electronics, you could build a generic switched circuit that closes briefly on press, then reopens, and closes again upon release. Hard to believe Roland, Boss, Korg don't sell a switch like this either!

Edited by TedS (05/17/18 02:27 PM)

#452090 - 05/17/18 03:49 PM Re: KORG pa1000 VH on/off Pedal Help needed.. [Re: TedS]
Dnj Offline

I have an FS-6 too, tried that first. If the function does not support a momentary switch in the board's operating system, changing the setting on the pedal won't help.

You have to use MIDI messages (with an "off" message upon release as permitted by the Midi Solutions module.)

If you're really good with electronics, you could build a generic switched circuit that closes briefly on press, then reopens, and closes again upon release. Hard to believe Roland, Boss, Korg don't sell a switch like this either!

I have no problem when I hold down
the pedal "HARMONY ON"......

Lift up foot "Harmony Off" using the FS-5U
But I want it to stay on when my foot is lifted off the pedal..and shut off again when I press down.

#452091 - 05/17/18 03:51 PM Re: KORG pa1000 VH on/off Pedal Help needed.. [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Again, I'm glad to hear it will work that way on the Korg. I'll be it doesn't on the Yamaha, but I'll try it.
I'm pretty sure I "feel" another PA4X in the near future. smile

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online