SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#451539 - 05/04/18 01:49 PM Re: Bose S1-Pro ... hmmmmm [Re: Uncle Dave]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Tony
Did you mean to say "whole hour WITHOUT using the keyboard? If you,I am in the same boat unless it is a quick NH and I sometimes put my SD40 on a stand and sing over midi or CDG songs.

#451541 - 05/04/18 02:08 PM Re: Bose S1-Pro ... hmmmmm [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Here's my current NH rig ... the speaker fits in the box, it's on wheels, the ipad stand came from 5 Below, and the bottom of the box has a custom wiring harness with a wireless mic receiver, and all power for the ipad and speaker (which can also be battery powered)
I was hoping the Bose had more punch, but it did not.
It's literally a ONE minute setup. Two, if I bring banjo, or guitar.

*** This pic has a wired mic, but I normally use the wireless.

Looks kool & compact for small NH rooms but...
Where's the KORG keyboard? confused1

I stopped bringing a KB. It's just not worth it (to me) for an hour show. It's more setup, more bulk in the room, longer time frame, and no difference in the show's potential to entertain. I often bring a banjo, and I plan to bring my sax and clarinet on special occasions, but the simple truth is - the show is, and always was ... my voice, and my read of the crowd. I can do just as good as a front man. If there is a piano in the room, I'll run over and play a spotlight number on it, but I have seen no down side to my lightening of the load. Audiences love it, and the STAFF especially loves how quick I can set up/tear down. When summer starts, I'll be playing 7 nights a week, so I don't need to set up that gear any more than absolutely necessary! smile

Sorry to hear that your not playing keyboard at NH shows anymore...but if its working without so be it....times are changing ....what do you use for backing tracks to sing with?

#451542 - 05/04/18 02:10 PM Re: Bose S1-Pro ... hmmmmm [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
I work as a soloist with my keyboard, and also with a female vocalist using backing tracks ... the duo gigs are all booked by her ...
When I work solo, I use mostly styles 'live', and during 99% of the songs I perform, I play at least one instrumental verse using any of the appropriate voices on the board ... when I work with the female vocalist, I have no problem being a 'front man', except during the instrumental parts of the backing tracks - I don't quite know what to do - ... I'm not a 'dancer' so that's out of the question ... sometimes I will engage in a little patter or tell a story about the song I'm performing ... My vocals (although not as good as Dave's) are also the main part of my performance, but I don't know if I could do a whole hour with using the keyboard ... Yes, it can be a bit much for a one hour gig, but it's what I do ...

Tony try some percussion pieces during solos tambourine, shaker, cowbell, etc,.....or go into the audience and shmoooze..

#451545 - 05/04/18 02:42 PM Re: Bose S1-Pro ... hmmmmm [Re: Uncle Dave]
zuki Offline

The S1 was a disappointment to me. I bought two, put them on poles and they had absolutely no bottom, at least for my full blown arrangements. Back to the QSCs and wow!

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#451548 - 05/04/18 04:37 PM Re: Bose S1-Pro ... hmmmmm [Re: zuki]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Bernie ... Yes, I meant withOUT ... thanks for the correction ...

Donny ... yes, I should try that ... I could bring some kind of percussion - the only thing I take to the duo gigs is my mic ... singer

#451549 - 05/04/18 04:41 PM Re: Bose S1-Pro ... hmmmmm [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Dnj

Sorry to hear that your not playing keyboard at NH shows anymore...but if its working without so be it....times are changing ....what do you use for backing tracks to sing with?

I was going to ask the same question ... also, do you go back and forth to the iPAD to call up the next song?

Edited by tony mads usa (05/04/18 04:41 PM)

#451555 - 05/04/18 05:37 PM Re: Bose S1-Pro ... hmmmmm [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Bernie ... Yes, I meant withOUT ... thanks for the correction ...

Donny ... yes, I should try that ... I could bring some kind of percussion - the only thing I take to the duo gigs is my mic ... singer

A nice Gym bag will hold all kinds of percussion goodies for sure Tony ..."SHAKE IT UP BABY"

#451573 - 05/05/18 06:14 AM Re: Bose S1-Pro ... hmmmmm [Re: Uncle Dave]
midisqueeze Offline

Loc: New York
Outstanding setup Dave!!! I'm always thinking of ways to be more efficient. This certainly qualifies. I was surprised to see that "box" take the weight of that speaker, but apparently it's much stronger than it looks. I have been seriously looking at the Bose S1-Pro to replace my JBL Eon615 (twice the weight) I'm using on my Friday night gig in a smaller Italian restaurant/bar venue. Your post has given me something to think about. Thank you!!!

#451605 - 05/06/18 06:42 AM Re: Bose S1-Pro ... hmmmmm [Re: Uncle Dave]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Hi Dave

Neat set up, similar to mine which use's a short mic stand, tablet on top and a TC Helicon Singthing which is a combination of the Play Acoustic and the FX150, works brilliantly.

Col

Attachments
IMGP0022.JPG (27 downloads)
IMGP0023.JPG (20 downloads)

#451624 - 05/06/18 08:42 PM Re: Bose S1-Pro ... hmmmmm [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
That "box" is as strong as can be! It's got reinforced sides, and wheels. It came with an internal shelf/box that rests about 2/3 of the way towards the top, but I don't use it. As for my tracks ... I have ooodles of choices. Things I've made, things I've modified, things I've paid for ... there are almost too many options. I've been recording kb/vox backing tracks for over 25 years, so I could play guitar with "me". smile

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online