SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#4510 - 01/14/04 10:52 PM Please help....has anybody ever heard of this?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was wondering if anybody out there has ever heard of the Proto Rooter. I read about this device a long, long time ago. It was invented in the 60s, and apparently if you plugged a monophonic synth into it, it would create chords based upon one note played on the synth. Does anybody have one of these things kicking around in their attic? I have looked everywhere for info on this but nobody even seems to have heard about it. If you can direct me to any info about this (either online or otherwise) that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

#4511 - 01/15/04 08:38 AM Re: Please help....has anybody ever heard of this?
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Sorry man, but a polybox is tough to find nowadays. YOu can try E-bay, but I doubt you'll find one in a working condition.
Try talking to guys at Synthesizers.com forum. Many of those boxes were hand made, so one of the guys there (may be even Roger him self) might be able to make one for you or even find one that still works.

-ED-

#4512 - 01/15/04 08:43 AM Re: Please help....has anybody ever heard of this?
tekminus Offline

That would be so easy to patch on a modular. There's probably several ways to do this. Pitch shifters are pretty intelligent these days.

-tek

#4513 - 01/15/04 11:50 AM Re: Please help....has anybody ever heard of this?
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Oh damn...
I was thinking polybox with it's own oscillators...slow as a rock Eddie, slow as a rock...

Well, in that case Tek's right. A good pitch shifter would do the trick.

-ED-

#4514 - 01/16/04 09:59 AM Re: Please help....has anybody ever heard of this?
Anonymous
Unregistered

EML made the Poly-Box, and Paia made the oz. I have seen the Polybox on ebay once in a great while but not very often. I think I had seen the Oz on there but that was a while back as well.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online