SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#450677 - 04/19/18 04:55 PM Keyboard Stand Advice
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Discussion started in another thread so I thought I would rehash an old subject. My Quik Lok stands have been great but are showing age. Also the lower tier has no height adjustment the stand has has a big footprint. Even folded its hard to move.
I did buy one of Quik Loks Apex type stands SL930. Built like a tank and weighted the same. I had 8" cut off the top and the mic adaptor welded on but it was just too cumbersome. Luckily sold it to a church where it didn't have to be moved.
So here's what I want. I sit when I play but sit high, need two tiers with adjustments, small footprint and easy to move. A mic stand attached would be great. I've never been and X stand fan but I'm leaning towards the HD Quik Lok one QL642. Just fold it together, stand ir up on my cart and go.
Any thoughts ?

#450680 - 04/19/18 05:17 PM Re: Keyboard Stand Advice [Re: Bill Lewis]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I like and use the V-stand.. Ultimate support and Roland..

I also use the US Apex for over 30+ years.. Never knocked over.. I had a drunk bounce off it... the key a heavy keyboard..

#450681 - 04/19/18 05:27 PM Re: Keyboard Stand Advice [Re: Bill Lewis]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I used the QL-742 for nearly 15 years, extremely stable, fully adjustable. Had a drunk stagger into mine one night, too. The stand slid a few feet but didn't topple over.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#450682 - 04/19/18 05:56 PM Re: Keyboard Stand Advice [Re: travlin'easy]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
I just saw that quiklok has a V stand, the qly40, for $50 less than ultimate support. And the add on tier is $20 less than ultimate also. I always liked quiklok,, but still prefer a Z stand for stability.

#450689 - 04/20/18 05:16 AM Re: Keyboard Stand Advice [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bill Lewis Offline

Thanks guys
The Z and V models look like they would do the job but I can't find any info on how they pack up. I aim get everything on my R & R cart in one load. The X stand looks like you just fold it and stand it up on your cart. I remember Gary posting how he sid his one cart load ins and it was great.
Did a part at Sea Pines CC here a while back and fromwhere I had to park, to having to in thru the basement golf cart area, elevator up two floors, and then down the hall to the other end of the building more than one trip would of been out of the question.

#450690 - 04/20/18 05:56 AM Re: Keyboard Stand Advice [Re: Bill Lewis]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
I use a double X stand... Ultimate Support IQ-2000... in the standing position. I have the On-Stage KSA7575PLUS to attach a mic boom with a telescopic extension. I also have an IK Multimedia iKlip Expand Mini for my iPhone. Everything stays attached. Folds up in seconds. It sits folded and upright against the vertical part of my R&R Cart. I use a small tie down to “attach” it to the cart.
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#450694 - 04/20/18 07:31 AM Re: Keyboard Stand Advice [Re: Bill Lewis]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
This is the best stand I ever had
KM keyboard stand on Ebay

Edited by vangelis (04/20/18 07:32 AM)

#450705 - 04/20/18 01:29 PM Re: Keyboard Stand Advice [Re: vangelis]
Dnj Offline

My advice Bill is to not listen to anyone and how they use their setup, as a "personal setup" is just that,......"a personal setup" that only YOU can figure out and be COMFORTABLE performing with. I have tried many many different ways to configure what worked for me thru trial and error on stage, buying different stands, mix & matching parts from old ones, etc, etc,... but, it must be done to make it work for you. You might even have to customize the rig with workarounds in all different ways to get it right. Take your time and good luck.

https://www.sweetwater.com/c508--Keyboard_Stands

Edited by Dnj (04/20/18 01:43 PM)

#450733 - 04/20/18 07:15 PM Re: Keyboard Stand Advice [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bill Lewis Offline

I hear ya Donny. Just trying to find out what the. guys who gig and move a lot prefer. Seems like a wide range of choices. Sometimes a popular choice will rise to rhe top. I hate to do it but belive it or not Walmart carries musical. equipment. thru. third parties and you can return to your local store with no return charges. I may have to try a stand that way.

#450750 - 04/21/18 04:45 AM Re: Keyboard Stand Advice [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
I hear ya Donny. Just trying to find out what the. guys who gig and move a lot prefer. Seems like a wide range of choices. Sometimes a popular choice will rise to rhe top. I hate to do it but belive it or not Walmart carries musical. equipment. thru. third parties and you can return to your local store with no return charges. I may have to try a stand that way.

This is the most sturdiest A-Frame stand I ever used...folds easy too.
https://lm-products.myshopify.com/collections/standtastic-keyboard-stands

Another affordable choice for a double stand with many adjustments is...
Double tier stand

Edited by Dnj (04/21/18 05:04 AM)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online