SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#450561 - 04/16/18 05:33 PM Re: Question for Donny [Re: Bill Lewis]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The Harmony M works when the style is stopped. Since it is midi only, it remember the last chord.
Set to a third above my voice, it will follow you pretty well when you just sing without the keyboard! Not as well as the Perform VK though; it is designed to work without midi if you want it to.

#450567 - 04/16/18 08:27 PM Re: Question for Donny [Re: Bill Lewis]
124 Offline

One more question on the TC, and I don't even know if you've tried this, but are you able to mute your lead voice and just have the harmonies 'singing'?

I've tried this on my Pa3x and no matter what - including checking the lead mute in the setup page, I just can't get the harmonies only to sound. Any ideas, please?

Maybe even UD might chime in here.

#450570 - 04/16/18 10:48 PM Re: Question for Donny [Re: Bill Lewis]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You can on the Harmony M. I didn't try it on the Perform VK.
You can do it on the Korg. I did it but don't remember how! Sorry. smile

#450579 - 04/17/18 04:48 AM Re: Question for Donny [Re: 124]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By 124
One more question on the TC, and I don't even know if you've tried this, but are you able to mute your lead voice and just have the harmonies 'singing'?

I've tried this on my Pa3x and no matter what - including checking the lead mute in the setup page, I just can't get the harmonies only to sound. Any ideas, please?

Maybe even UD might chime in here.

I remember on Yamaha kbs in the VH section there was a RATIO adjustment so you could choose how much LEAD Vocal vs Harmony try turning it all the way to the right ........KORG possibly has it also I cant remember..

Attachments
image002.jpg

Edited by Dnj (04/17/18 05:15 AM)

#450590 - 04/17/18 08:48 AM Re: Question for Donny [Re: sparky589]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By sparky589
Dave,
Does the on board vocalizer on your Korg work independently of the rhythms engaged, as when you're playing guitar, or do the styles have to be playing?

Sparky, nope. When I play guitar, or banjo I call up a user preset that is designed to harmonize in a selected key. TC gives you 3 options each for major and minor scales, so you can get the right "smart singers" to follow you.
For example, a diatonic scale has a minor ii chord, but some songs use a maj II, so you have to be prepared for that. Most often I use a standard diatonic scale harmony with a single third above my voice. When I'm on guitar, a simpler harmony sounds more realistic. When I'm in full KB mode, I can do more with multiple voices.

#450608 - 04/17/18 08:16 PM Re: Question for Donny [Re: Bill Lewis]
124 Offline

Thanks DonM, Donny. I tried checking the 'lead mute' box in the vocal processor setup - no joy there. Even tried the 'lead to harm' various balance controls that include reverb, delay, and so on.

I'll just keep at it.

#450610 - 04/17/18 10:14 PM Re: Question for Donny [Re: Bill Lewis]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Bill Lewis

To clarify, your just plugging your mic into the unit and not using the 1/4" instrument in / out ? The unit is devolping the harmonies just from your vocal signal ?

No, you HAVE to use the 1/4" input to tell the unit the chords. It doesn't matter if this signal is mono of 1/2 of a stereo signal, as the chords will still be generated, and the signal will pass thru unaffected. The mic, however, DOES get the processing from the pedal, regarding EQ, Reverb, harmony etc.
So, to recap:
1) Plug one output jack (L or R) into the Harmony Singer 1/4" input
2) Plug the "thru" from the Harmony singer into your PA, mixer, or amp. If stereo, plug the other output directly.
3) Plug your mic into the XLR input on the TC unit
4) Plug the XLR output on the TC into a transformer cable that matches the impedance to 1/4" .... this goes into the "Mic Input" on your keyboard.

In this scenario, the mic, and harmonies are mono, but the kb is stereo

#450620 - 04/18/18 06:47 AM Re: Question for Donny [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Dave

Thanks, thats what I needed to know. I may give the unit a try. I keep flopping between no harmonizer and harmonizer. Never satisfied !

#450621 - 04/18/18 06:59 AM Re: Question for Donny [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

works with guitar OR keyboard cool2

Edited by Dnj (04/18/18 07:00 AM)

#450638 - 04/18/18 11:42 AM Re: Question for Donny [Re: Dnj]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
I like the pedal but prefer something like the harmony M or digitech vl3d I used to have that has midi capability to detect chording. This requires one less cable as midi in replaces line/pa both in and out.

And in my case I can use keyboard and accordion thru it via midi merge to unit. Could get dicey but I may try it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online