SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#450583 - 04/17/18 05:28 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: Bachus]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Originally Posted By Bachus
Congratulations...

Its an increedible instrument..
But so is the pa4x...

May i ask what made you decision?

Tha Pa4X IS an incredible instrument as well. Build quality with the aluminum body... balanced outputs... small form factor... WAVES MAXX Audio... great sounds... TC Helicon... and the list goes on.

I have been using a Yamaha since 2003 to sequence and arrange tracks for gigs and church. The overall sound quality of the instrument (Genos) is great! Since I will be using tracks for performing, the Genos can playback as both MP3 and WAV files. I can take mixdowns from my Logic Pro X projects and play them back as WAV files from the Genos with that 32 bit DAC! To me, the sounds work really well with each other... so sequencing them into a MIDI arrangements will sound great!

The Pa4X-61 was my portable performance board... 30 lbs. The Genos gives me a 29 lbs keyboard and a 76 note keybed... which I missed.

As we all know, there will always be the next “gotta have it” piece of gear. For me at this time, this was mine. In 2003, the “gotta have it” keyboard was the Motif ES. I still use and own two because it still does it’s job. Built to last... 15 years later it still has the most efficient MIDI sequencer to get quick, high quality tracks finished.

So, my current musical relationship is with the Genos. I value my past relationships... they made me who I am today!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#450584 - 04/17/18 07:01 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: shueymusic]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Congrats on the new hi-tech instrument Johnathan. I know you will love the Genos! Yamaha and Korg are both terrific brands. Enjoy the TOTL Yamaha!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#450598 - 04/17/18 11:37 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: saxxman]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By saxxman
Congrats on the new hi-tech instrument Johnathan. I know you will love the Genos! Yamaha and Korg are both terrific brands. Enjoy the TOTL Yamaha!

Its far from the TOTL instrument, Sure its the TOTL arranger...

But the real TOTL Yamaha instrument would combine all the features of Genos, Montage, CP4 and the Motif including expansion boards (VL and AN)

But as a true arranger it really rocks...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#450601 - 04/17/18 04:03 PM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: shueymusic]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Bachus,

We are lucky to have you here at the forum you're such an educated fella and well versed when it comes to keyboards. Thank you for making that clarification on the distinction between the 2 instruments I wasn't aware of the difference but hey what do I know I'm just another "Bozo on the Bus."

#450609 - 04/17/18 09:01 PM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: Stephenm52]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Stephenm52
Bachus,

We are lucky to have you here at the forum you're such an educated fella and well versed when it comes to keyboards. Thank you for making that clarification on the distinction between the 2 instruments I wasn't aware of the difference but hey what do I know I'm just another "Bozo on the Bus."

Sorry if i offended you.. i hear a lot of sarcasme in your reaction.

But some people are in the market for a TOTL instrument, yet companies like Yamaha don’t think there is a market for them and prefer to sell people that wan differeent things 2 or more instruments..

Why didn’t the philosophy of apple make it into the keyboard buiseness, one instrument that can do all and everything to perfection? Point is i have been hoping for a real TOTL instrument for over a decade now... and none have been created.. and thats the reason behind my somewhat sour reactions..

To get all the things i want, i have a setup of 2 keyboards, 2 modules and a mac.. all i want is all of these tools in a single 88 keyboard. Is that to much to expect from a TOTL instrument.

Keep in mind tough, that i never called any of todays instruments, be it Genos, pa4x or ketron, kronos, montage, bad instruments. They are all great keys, just not that one be all TOTL instrument. And yes i know this sounds like a spoiled 7 year old kid dreaming about the perfect toy. So be it.

#450611 - 04/18/18 03:14 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: shueymusic]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Bachus,

Thank you for the reply I accept the apology. In my opinion, you may have offended more than one SZ member.

#450613 - 04/18/18 04:48 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: Bachus]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By Bachus

... Its far from the TOTL instrument.....

Really??
TOTL = Top Of The Line, and Genos is not only a instrument, but simulate quite a lot of instruments as well.
In my opinion, Genos is both a TOTL instrument and a TOTL arranger. wink
keys

Btw,
I'm not offended by your posts at all.
I know very well how easy it is to be misunderstood. Specially when I don't write at my native language......

"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#450614 - 04/18/18 04:53 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: shueymusic]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I think most people interpret TOTL to mean 'of the instruments CURRENTLY AVAILABLE'. As for what constitutes a future TOTL instrument, I'm sure everyone has their own idea of what that would be. JMO.

chas

#450615 - 04/18/18 05:25 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: cgiles]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
I think most people interpret TOTL to mean 'of the instruments CURRENTLY AVAILABLE'. As for what constitutes a future TOTL instrument, I'm sure everyone has their own idea of what that would be. JMO.

chas

In that case, the TOTL Yamaha instrument would the Montage...
With the Genos being the TOTL arranger..

#450616 - 04/18/18 05:28 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: Stephenm52]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Stephenm52
Bachus,

Thank you for the reply I accept the apology. In my opinion, you may have offended more than one SZ member.

Really? Why? For stating my opinion?

We are all grown ups aren’t we?

I appologized for offending you, because i obviously didn’t mean to..
But i still have no clue how an opinion can offend people

If there is a TOTL keyboard instrument from Yamaha it is the Montage
The Genos is a TOTL arranger..

As it is, the Genos is the best overall sounding arranger available.

Edited by Bachus (04/18/18 05:41 AM)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online