SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#450133 - 04/10/18 02:50 AM Re: What has really changed in 10 years?? [Re: Bachus]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
and the players are 10 years older rotf2

I.

#450137 - 04/10/18 05:02 AM Re: What has really changed in 10 years?? [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
What has really changed in 10 years??

Technology have changed quite a lot, my skin is not as smooth and flexible as before....
... and still not any progress regarding make a end of all disasters and wars happening around the world.
coffee
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#450140 - 04/10/18 06:28 AM Re: What has really changed in 10 years?? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

You are all missing the point in that let's take the Audya for example as shown in the demo is more then capable of sounding fantastic and in many ways better or on par then anything out today...
yes there are improvements thru the years not much but is there really anything mind blowing? sound and style wise?.......what Chas said in his post above is spot on...then ask yourself what has changed with me AS A PLAYER in the last 10 years?

#450141 - 04/10/18 06:43 AM Re: What has really changed in 10 years?? [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny
What has really changed in 10 years??

Technology have changed quite a lot, my skin is not as smooth and flexible as before....
... and still not any progress regarding make a end of all disasters and wars happening around the world.
coffee

Well, thats my biggest complaint about the music industry, yamaha korg and roland havent addapted to the latest technollogy... they are mostly still using stuff developed more then a decade ago...

If anyone would build a workstation based on the latest arm processor, it would be much much faster then anything on the market today including my kronos... and then we dont even talk about the latest intel or amd processors...

Since performance of instruments is a linear with processing power and memmory ... guess why there are so few changes..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#450142 - 04/10/18 06:45 AM Re: What has really changed in 10 years?? [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

I don't have any soundbites ten years apart, but I hope I've improved in that time.

#450156 - 04/10/18 11:02 AM Re: What has really changed in 10 years?? [Re: 124]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
The tyros 2 I inherited and currently use sounds great to me. Some sounds I prefer from others, like saxes and strings from ketron. Styles are more than sufficient. I could continue to use it the way it is , but..

It is larger and heavier than today's boards. I would hope Yamaha and others current offerings have less steps to go through to change and save settings. Four or five steps to save a voice or other change in a registration is too many. Making global changes like midi channel profile settings shouldn't return to default settings after powering down. I welcomed Korgs improvement in this from the pa500 to pa600 models when I had them. Has Yamaha streamlined this in 10 years? Improved , streamlined navigation are welcome and sought after changes for me. Needing to find work arounds for an older board makes me wonder If common sense changes have taken place by now..

Changing as a player, I have less patience than I used to for complicated menus as I get older. I know some guys love to have dozens of sub menus to go into to adjust minutiae. I don't personally need to alter every parameter known to man. Most view the availability to do this as advances but adding more isn't always improvement.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online