SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#450074 - 04/08/18 10:22 PM korg pa3 x screen surround plastic gone sticky??!!
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi guys,
Has anyone ever heard of this happening.

I was planning on selling my Pa3x, just got home from vacation, was getting my listing ready for eBay.
Ready to do a final check on my pa3x, pressed the buttons next to to the screen, and the surround felt sticky and tacky. Also the plastic surround for the ribbon controller .

Has anyone ever had anything like this happen. Needless to say, it’s put a dampener on my trying to sell.

With all the keyboards I’ve had over the last 30 + years, this is a first for me.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#450077 - 04/09/18 01:43 AM Re: korg pa3 x screen surround plastic gone sticky??!! [Re: rikkisbears]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Sad to hear about this Rikki.
I know that some plastic will behave like you describe if used some sort of chemicals when cleaning.
Also if it has been under the hot sun too long. But as you, I haven't heard about such issues regarding keyboards.

Btw, are you selling to get room for Genos, or just scaling down to keep PA4X?
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#450080 - 04/09/18 03:11 AM Re: korg pa3 x screen surround plastic gone sticky??!! [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Jonny,
haven’t used any chemicals, definitely hasn’t been out in the sun.
Actually ended up asking over on the korg forum, and the guy who answered , happened to him too, strangely enough another Australian. Wonder if it’s something to do with our humidity .

Basically was trying to scale down. Planning on selling our family size home and moving to something smaller, so may not have enough room for 3 keyboards. Haha.
Oh well.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#450083 - 04/09/18 04:24 AM Re: korg pa3 x screen surround plastic gone sticky??!! [Re: rikkisbears]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By rikkisbears
.... Basically was trying to scale down. Planning on selling our family size home and moving to something smaller, so may not have enough room for 3 keyboards. Haha.
Oh well.

We never know, maybe the evolution has brought up a 'plastic eating beast' to clean up the nature at our 'plastic drowning planet' confused

Yeah, we're in same boat regarding plans about selling the 'a bit too big' house and get a smaller apartment.
It takes a lot of time to keep in shape, and we're not gettig younger.
I think about it more often now, specially when climb up the ladder to paint or maintain the building.

Guess it's the 'circle of life'..... crazy
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#450085 - 04/09/18 05:18 AM Re: korg pa3 x screen surround plastic gone sticky??!! [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny

We never know, maybe the evolution has brought up a 'plastic eating beast' to clean up the nature at our 'plastic drowning planet' confused

Yeah, we're in same boat regarding plans about selling the 'a bit too big' house and get a smaller apartment.
It takes a lot of time to keep in shape, and we're not gettig younger.

Haha, good one. Didn’t need to start with my korg.

Sadly so true, none of us are getting any younger. Haha

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online