SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#449615 - 03/30/18 05:39 PM Re: Adding Korg Kronos to the PA 4X? [Re: Steve A]
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Unreal. GC Sherman Oaks doesn’t have it on the floor. Flagship keyboard not on display.

#449619 - 03/31/18 01:53 AM Re: Adding Korg Kronos to the PA 4X? [Re: Steve A]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By Steve A
Unreal. GC Sherman Oaks doesn’t have it on the floor. Flagship keyboard not on display.

Now that is surprising. But it not a much longer drive to GC in Sunset Blvd Hollywood and I would think they would have it.

#449754 - 04/02/18 11:55 AM Re: Adding Korg Kronos to the PA 4X? [Re: Nigel]
Steve A Offline

Originally Posted By Nigel

Now that is surprising. But it not a much longer drive to GC in Sunset Blvd Hollywood and I would think they would have it.

Hey Nigel,

Northridge didn't have it out either. Hollywood had me on hold twice for 10 plus minutes, so I gave up for the night...I was super hungry, rather than fight Friday night traffic without confirmation the board was on display, I simply went home....

#449766 - 04/02/18 05:08 PM Re: Adding Korg Kronos to the PA 4X? [Re: Steve A]
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
G.C. Has big DEBT problems at this time...Most all stores within 100 miles in my area read... Can Have it in three days. Not good.

#450814 - 04/21/18 09:31 PM Re: Adding Korg Kronos to the PA 4X? [Re: Bachus]
Steve A Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
I love the keybed a lot..
Often i just use the keybed to play the pa4x..arranger amd sounds

If there are any more specific questions
I will gladly answer them.

Hey Bacchus I played the Kronos 88 AND the Kronos LS today....The weighted keys I don't want as i will use it as a workstation...The LS keybed did not feel as good as my PA4X which to me is perfect....Maybe the velocity curve was too weak? Anyways I figured they would be the same....Are they?

#450816 - 04/21/18 10:24 PM Re: Adding Korg Kronos to the PA 4X? [Re: Steve A]
Bachus Offline

Hey Bacchus I played the Kronos 88 AND the Kronos LS today....The weighted keys I don't want as i will use it as a workstation...The LS keybed did not feel as good as my PA4X which to me is perfect....Maybe the velocity curve was too weak? Anyways I figured they would be the same....Are they?

No they are different keys...

Korg Japan uses their own keybeds..
Korg Italy (pa4x) uses a Fatar keybed..
Same as in the Roland G70

I don't know the LS
But my Kronos 88 has the Korg RH3 action..
its hammer action with aftertouch
Quite light, and so it is a good trade off to play both piano and organ and synth.. For me the RH3 works well..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#450819 - 04/22/18 12:27 AM Re: Adding Korg Kronos to the PA 4X? [Re: Bachus]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

frown

Edited by Fran Carango (04/23/18 06:01 AM)

#450821 - 04/22/18 01:26 AM Re: Adding Korg Kronos to the PA 4X? [Re: Fran Carango]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango

No they are different keys...

Korg Japan uses their own keybeds..
Korg Italy (pa4x) uses a Fatar keybed..
Same as in the Roland G70

I don't know the LS
But my Kronos 88 has the Korg RH3 action..
its hammer action with aftertouch
Quite light, and so it is a good trade off to play both piano and organ and synth.. For me the RH3 works well..

Bachus .. again I need to correct you smile

Roland like Yamaha has always made their own keybeds... always..
They have never used a Fatar keybed .... yet smile

To have folks think the G70 and Pa4x are the same bed are totally misleading... They are not even close...

Actually Korg used the Fatar keybed found on the Media Station for it's top model arrangers..

What made Roland great in the piano world was their designs in keybed action... and also the synth actions found on JV1000, JX10, D70, and XP80..

In the early 80's Fatar had some problems with contact key springs..I use to keep some taped inside my Fatar action keyboards for quick repair.. grin

Studio logic was a main customer of Fatar..Dist out of NYC..

Today I am sure Ketron uses Fatar action...All are friends in Italy....

It is sad to me seeing the keybeds of today... I am not a fan of any synth action today... and Juno stuff is the worse..
They forgot the importance of good keys. frown

There is hope..Two of my recent purchases look promising... The action on my M-Audio Code61 controller (one of the best).. and even the cheap Roland Go Keys.. is heading in the right direction..

The Casio , even the CTK series .. the action is bad...as the same with Yamaha PSR w series..

http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2488125/Fatar_Keybeds

Check this website, its the ultimate reference for keybeds..
And so far they never been wrong..

https://www.musiker-board.de/threads/verbaute-tastaturen-und-hersteller-sammelthread.435157/

In general Roland and Korg don’t make their own keybeds...
Mostly Japanese build products use Matsushita keybeds...
And their Italian products use Fatar..

There are a few small exceptions, where Korg has used some yamaha keybeds in the past..
And Rolands high end piano keybeds of the PH-a series are not branded at all...

Both the G70 as well as the PA4x use a form of Fatar TP8 keybed..
And both are top knotch..

In general people quote this reference when keybed questions are asked on forums like gearslutz, pianoforum and keyboardcorner... all asumed professional forums...

Edited by Bachus (04/22/18 01:29 AM)

#450822 - 04/22/18 01:40 AM Re: Adding Korg Kronos to the PA 4X? [Re: Steve A]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

frown

Edited by Fran Carango (04/23/18 06:02 AM)

#450824 - 04/22/18 02:03 AM Re: Adding Korg Kronos to the PA 4X? [Re: Fran Carango]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Bachus my reference.... a Roland, Fatar, Studiologic dealer for twenty years..

I have seen the development of the key actions and the factory that has designed and made the Roland keyboard beds..

I have had discussions with Roland personel over the years, and trust my first hand know how over someone's opinion..

In later years I have had relationship with people like Domenic (Lionstracs), and other keyboard builders with first hand knowledge about keyboard building in Italy..

I am sure some people take for granted that if a design is similar it must have been made by Fatar..

I did post previously above the link to a discussion group..

I never had a need to reinforce what I already know. smile

The German website is seen as an authority where it comes to technical knowledge
Maybe your dealer is/was wrong... espescially the g70 keybed was disussed quite a lot, since it has ever been so popular.. i will stick to this website untill you can proof me wrong with actuall proof.

Maybe if you open up our G70, and check the internal keyboard, you will see its a fatar... just compare it to the fatar in case you can not find a print/name on it

http://www.fatar.com/Pages/TP_8S.htm

That way you will know for sure.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online