SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#449336 - 03/25/18 04:46 PM Your best reason I should buy a Yamaha Genos!
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Money aside... please give me your best reason I should buy a Yamaha Genos!

I still haven’t seen or heard one live and in person.... but it fits what I think I need in a keyboard. The Korg Pa4X was an awesome keyboard for me but I need a few more things to make it a keeper.
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#449337 - 03/25/18 05:27 PM Re: Your best reason I should buy a Yamaha Genos! [Re: shueymusic]
Dnj Offline

Why not buy one with a good return policy try it keep or return it?
it might be what you need or not..

Edited by Dnj (03/25/18 06:18 PM)

#449338 - 03/25/18 05:49 PM Re: Your best reason I should buy a Yamaha Genos! [Re: shueymusic]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By shueymusic
Money aside... please give me your best reason I should buy a Yamaha Genos!

I still haven’t seen or heard one live and in person.... but it fits what I think I need in a keyboard. The Korg Pa4X was an awesome keyboard for me but I need a few more things to make it a keeper.

#1 Reason: Sound. Just awesome.
Everything sounds so vibrant and alive ...
There are many more.
Just read through the posts there are plenty of answers. wink
Eric

Edited by Eric, B (03/25/18 05:50 PM)

#449345 - 03/25/18 07:01 PM Re: Your best reason I should buy a Yamaha Genos! [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By Dnj
Why not buy one with a good return policy try it keep or return it?
it might be what you need or not..

Good advice. Got mine on a trial basis. The more I played it, the more I loved it. After a week’s trial, I knew I was going to keep it.

When I first got Genos, all I could think of was how $$$ this board was. I had myself convinced I would send it back...before I even got it...too much to spend on a keyboard.

Why don’t you do like I did. Order it with a return policy. Then try to convince yourself you are going to send it back. 😁

#449346 - 03/25/18 07:20 PM Re: Your best reason I should buy a Yamaha Genos! [Re: shueymusic]
shueymusic Offline

Sound is important!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#449349 - 03/25/18 07:41 PM Re: Your best reason I should buy a Yamaha Genos! [Re: shueymusic]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
You say "money aside", but in fact, that is one of the biggest considerations. You obviously like it (and THINK you need it) so if money is not a consideration then there is no dilemma. Just buy it. But assuming you're like most of us and money IS a consideration, 'want' aside, you have to ask yourself if you really, REALLY need it. With a (highly regarded) PA4x in hand, it's highly likely that you don't. If the PA4x fills, let's say, 90% of your needs, how much is the other 10% worth? 5k? Not me, not unless I've got Jeff Bezos or Bill Gates money smile.

I've discovered that the longer I ponder over something, the more likely I am to end up buying it.....and regretting it later smile. The longer you ponder, the larger the list of reasons to buy gets and the shorter the list of reasons not to buy gets, until finally logic, reason, and common sense completely disappear and is quickly replaced by unbridled lust....in this case, GEAR lust. That said, plus the fact that new gear is good for the soul :), stop torturing yourself and go ahead and buy the damn thing smile smile smile.

BTW, NOBODY should ask MY advice on buying (unnecessary) gear smile.

chas

Edited by cgiles (03/25/18 07:43 PM)

#449350 - 03/25/18 08:22 PM Re: Your best reason I should buy a Yamaha Genos! [Re: shueymusic]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
...everything my buddy Chas said.

#449353 - 03/25/18 09:45 PM Re: Your best reason I should buy a Yamaha Genos! [Re: shueymusic]
shueymusic Offline

Gear lust... or just G.A.S.?!?

All opinions are great!! Keep them flowing!! It sounds like some of you are inside my head!!!

#449358 - 03/25/18 11:23 PM Re: Your best reason I should buy a Yamaha Genos! [Re: shueymusic]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Johnathan, you have a PA4X?

I see you do praise and worship music. Contemporary? That alone would get me thinking about the Genos.

Also, the FP-50...88 Keys? The Genos with 76 Keys gives a similar feel. Not to mention WiFi on Genos with iPad integration.

Besides, Chas seems to think it’s a good idea...or maybe he doesn’t? 😊

Edited by guitpic1 (03/25/18 11:31 PM)

#449359 - 03/25/18 11:40 PM Re: Your best reason I should buy a Yamaha Genos! [Re: shueymusic]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
I was going to keep my T4 and add PA4X-76 because I did not see anything that impressed me when T5 came out, except from the 76 keys I did miss after G-70 and SD1 left the house.
Then Genos had to show up. Oh yeah, I was pretty sure this is a T6 in disguise..... In some ways it is, because you will recognize how to do a lot of things.
The new OS design is no problem for my use, but I've seen some 'cons and pros' at fora.
So, finally I desided to give Genos a chanche.
In my ears it's the best arranger from Yamaha till now, it sounds better than ever.
When play both the old legacy and Genos native styles, it's easy to understand why Yamaha put up bonuspacks and reworked the 'missing' T5 styles for Genos.
So, myself I'm still exploring andt there is a lot not tried out yet. It's a monster macine.
It's going to stay, but as I prepare for the final arranger investment before they put me 6 feet under, PA?X-76 will be added at a later strage.
It sounds good, it looks good and it's a lovely keybed that is a pleasure to play.
But, as I said before, the chassie feels a bit like 'cheep plastic fantastic' compared to T4 and T5. But as I don't move keyboards around anymore, it's not a big deal.

I have a feeling you're going to love it, regardless of amount $$$$$. smile
keys
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online