SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#44929 - 08/17/03 08:12 AM Easy Record
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hi All,

How can we tell if someone Easy Recorded a song, or edited the sequence ?

For instance on Cee's website, he has all Easy Recorded songs, and I was wondering how he knew that ?

For what it matters, I like both Easy Record, and Edited Sequences, and want to thank all that share both methods.

SeeYa,
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#44930 - 08/17/03 08:29 AM Re: Easy Record
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
How can we tell if someone Easy Recorded a song, or edited the sequence ?

Larry, My opinion-----
1-Each of the five tracks can be used.
2-Panel memory can be used.
3-You can go back to what you have recorded
and adjust volumes, instruments, and possible wrong notes.
4-You record through one time, no multiple recordings.
5-The recording should be live, not copied from another source that has other people's talents.

Now if that's not correct, I would hope to be corrected, I want to play with the same rules as everyone else.

I hope I didn't go to far with this, just my opinion. John C.

#44931 - 08/17/03 09:34 AM Re: Easy Record
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Larry,
supplementary to John's reply, maybe a better description could be: a live played song recorded with 'Easy Record'. Maybe one could say: 'playing with APC' or 'live played'. Perhaps I can made via an example what my description/intention is of 'Easy Record'.

When one play such a song, one can start in the middle or wait some measures and go on with the lead melody. The most flexible handling of the keyboard facilities. You are not 'bound' to a track/sequence which forced you to go on. You can at all moments use the pads, the sounds, the panelmemories etc.
This way of playing can be recorded. Mostly you have prepared some settings in e.g. the Panel Memories, or other sounds or user pads. The most easy method for this 'live' playing is the 'Easy Record' feature. It records all your 'movements' in your 'live' played song.

I hope one doesn't misunderstand me, another way of playing keyboards by multitracking, midi or whatever, have for me the same value. Many of us know the splendid songs what are made like that. I even believe it demands more and/or other skills and talents to make those songs. It's just a matter of choice.
It is my intention with the KESO-site to offer a rich variation of songs which are 'Easy Recorded' and 'live played' music which inspires and give pleasure to the visitors, and last but not least, thanks to all those great guestplayers.
Best greetings,
Cees

[This message has been edited by cees (edited 08-17-2003).]

#44932 - 08/17/03 09:57 AM Re: Easy Record
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
I may be wrong about this but from memory ( keyboard not available at moment) an Easy recorded song can be recognised immediately 'cos all the chord changes appear on the screen (they don't when sequencer is used) also if you press "exit" the names of the instruments being played show on the screen, which they don't on a sequenced song.

Peter

#44933 - 08/17/03 10:28 AM Re: Easy Record
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
My question wasn't meant to be "How to Easy Record", but rather "How can you tell if someone edited an Easy Record"

I always thought Easy Record meant the song was played, and recorded live exactly like it was played on your keyboard, and NO EDITING AFTERWARD .So if that is true, my question remains..How can we tell if someone edits the song after Easy Recording ?

Larry Hawk

[This message has been edited by lahawk (edited 08-17-2003).]

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#44934 - 08/17/03 10:31 AM Re: Easy Record
lrngkybrd Offline

Loc: Queen Creek, Arizona
This is so exciting. I have the KN6500. Can a submit songs to the KESO site or do I wait until Sept?

#44935 - 08/17/03 01:43 PM Re: Easy Record
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Larry, Unless a significant amount of editing has been done on an 'Easy Record' sequence, such as adding a post recorded track in Part4, in my opinion, you cannot really tell if the sequence has been edited. If the originator just wishes to correct a few bum notes, or maybe in the control track, add Fill-Ins, after recording, then it would be impossible to detect.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#44936 - 08/17/03 08:43 PM Re: Easy Record
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
This interesting discussion about Easy Record raises two questions in my mind: 1)Just how does one go about editing finished work in Easy Record? (It was always my assumption that corrections to "bum notes", editing sounds and/or rhythm sequences, adding additional sections, etc. could NOT be done in Easy Record but had to be done using the Sequencer. If I am mistaken, perhaps someone could explain in detail how to edit after having completed an Easy Record song!)

2) How do you "post record" in Part 4 or use the Control track to add additional aspects to the recording?

Every time I have recorded a song in Easy Record, I have been frustrated if and when I made a mistake or two and so I just started over again. Have I been totally ignorant about editing possibilities in this Easy Record system??? Wow! I have so much to learn about this instrument (KN 7000) I am overwhelmed!

Thanks for all the help this great Forum always has to offer us amateurs!

Ted

#44937 - 08/18/03 12:46 AM Re: Easy Record
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
My understanding of Easy Record is as Johns.

Ted - Re your statement - 'Wow! I have so much to learn about this instrument (KN 7000) I am overwhelmed!'

I agree - join the club - Joan

[This message has been edited by Joan (edited 08-18-2003).]

#44938 - 08/18/03 12:48 AM Re: Easy Record
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
[This message has been edited by Joan (edited 08-18-2003).]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online