SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#448871 - 03/17/18 10:03 AM Who's gigging St. Pattys Day today!
Dnj Offline

If so whats your song playlist look like....?

Edited by Dnj (03/17/18 10:03 AM)

#448872 - 03/17/18 10:17 AM Re: Who's gigging St. Pattys Day today! [Re: Dnj]
zuki Offline

Double same songs with a couple irish. Wish I wasn't performing today because my 4X and pair of S1s came today. I am totally redoing my act. 4 days off after today will be very busy!

Glad I'm gone while my wife cools her heels about my music purchases. Anyone else have this problem? Women.....

Edited by zuki (03/17/18 10:22 AM)

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#448874 - 03/17/18 10:50 AM Re: Who's gigging St. Pattys Day today! [Re: zuki]
Dnj Offline

Good luck with your new PA4X switch out... Keep us posted on your new experiences performing with your new rig...

Edited by Dnj (03/17/18 12:26 PM)

#448875 - 03/17/18 10:59 AM Re: Who's gigging St. Pattys Day today! [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Never had that problem with music gear, Jim because it produced a great income. The boats - WHOA, that's a different story. She loved going on the boats with me, loved catching larger fish than I did, loved eating at the waterside restaurants, but when she found out the cost, well, you get my drift. wink

Ironically, the cost of music gear is pocket change when compared to boating. Boats, all size boats are expensive to own and operate. Not only do you have the cost of the boat, but you also have annual licensing, ridiculously expensive insurance, insane fuel prices at marinas, very expensive dockage for larger boats that are not trailered and maintenance costs that are through the roof. It were not as much fun as it is, no one in their right mind would ever buy a boat. For me, with a 33-foot sailboat, it runs about 5,000 per year just to enjoy boating close to home and my fuel bills are nothing compared to someone with a powerboat.

Have fun with those new Bose S1s and let us know how they work out for you.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#448878 - 03/17/18 11:46 AM Re: Who's gigging St. Pattys Day today! [Re: zuki]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By zuki

Glad I'm gone while my wife cools her heels about my music purchases. Anyone else have this problem? Women.....

SHOW HER THE MONEY!!! bounce

#448879 - 03/17/18 12:31 PM Re: Who's gigging St. Pattys Day today! [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Zuki, the secret is to be a good breadwinner. As long as she gets everything SHE wants, she doesn't give a hoot what YOU buy.

chas

#448880 - 03/17/18 12:47 PM Re: Who's gigging St. Pattys Day today! [Re: zuki]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By zuki
Double same songs with a couple irish. Wish I wasn't performing today because my 4X and pair of S1s came today. I am totally redoing my act. 4 days off after today will be very busy!

Jim,

Although my wife seems to resent me spending what she thinks is too much time playing music she never got upset knowing I bought another keyboard or equipment. I always had a good job I think both Chas and TonyMads said it best.

#448935 - 03/18/18 01:59 PM Re: Who's gigging St. Pattys Day today! [Re: Dnj]
Terrysutt Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Here are a few of my selection of Irish songs for St Patricks day.
The Red Rose Cafe.
The wild rover.
Fields of Athenrey
The holy ground.
Bunch of thyme/Maggie.
Danny boy.
Whiskey in the jar.
The Irish rover.
I`ll take you home again Kathleen.
I`ll tell me ma.
Steal away.
The parting glass.

#448943 - 03/18/18 04:02 PM Re: Who's gigging St. Pattys Day today! [Re: Terrysutt]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Not to take Donny's thread further South, BUT to continue the current thoughts, ...
Since day one of our marriage, I've told my wife "I'll bring the money in, you take care of sending it out" , otherwise we would have been broke !!! ... now, she does 'ask about' any music purchases I've made, but on the other hand she has never spent frivolously on herself - our kids and grandkids? well that's another story - ...
But she loves it whenever I am playing/practicing at home, even those times with all the repetition when I am trying to learn something new, or putting together my own backing track to a song ... sometimes when trying something new I will work on it with my headphones on and she will tell me I don't have to do that, she likes to listen ... So I've got that going for me ...

#448952 - 03/18/18 05:03 PM Re: Who's gigging St. Pattys Day today! [Re: Terrysutt]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I’m not Irish but I’ve come to love the Irish people and the culture, AND……especially the music. I’ve been brushing up on everything Irish for St. Patrick’s Day. The people are fascinating and the music to me is the best you’ll find. Reason being is the composers wrote absolutely beautiful melodies and the lyricists wove whole stories into the tunes. Most of the songs would win awards if the words were extracted from the music and presented as poetry. I’m sorry we only get to play their music once a year.

Another injustice………Irving Berlin wrote two notable songs that are my personal favorites: White Christmas and Easter Parade. Two more songs that come with “once-a-year” tags!

Here are more very popular Irish songs I‘d like to share. If anyone needs the notes, let me know,

IF YOU'RE IRISH
SWEET ROSIE O'GRADY
21 YEARS
THE BOYS FROM THE COUNTY ARMAGH
THE ROSE OF TRALEE
COCKLES & MUSSELS
MY WILD IRISH ROSE
TOO-RA-LOO-RA-LOO-RAL
WHEN IRISH EYES ARE SMILING
T’WAS ONLY AN IRISH MAN'S DREAM
GALWAY BAY
DID YOUR MOTHER COME FROM IRELAND