SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#448543 - 03/13/18 09:13 PM Help I'm lost
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I lost my Son in 2014. I lost all interest in music. Today I went to my i30 and can play it a bit. However, for the life of me I can't remember how to get a MIDI file to play.

I can get the midi to show on the screen using the "DISK" button and I thought all I had to do was push the start button, but that is not working. Do you know someone who can help me with my i30?

Hope I'm not losing my mind. Please help if you can.

#448547 - 03/14/18 12:22 AM Re: Help I'm lost [Re: brickboo]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hi Boo.

I dont have i30, but MicroArranger, and don't use midiplayer, but I guess you have to use the 'Song' button to find the midifile, and then 'Song Play' button to start the player.

Here is a quote from the userguide / manual page 2.

SONG PLAY key
In Song Play mode you can playback Standard
MIDI Files that were loaded from floppy disk or
hard disk (if installed).

The manuals can be downloaded from here.
http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/1/242/1717/

I'll try attach players guide here as pdf, and the zipfile as is where all documents is inside. Hope this is for any help.
Good luck to reinvestigate the i30.
keys

Attachments
i30 Player's Guide.pdf (2 downloads)
i30_UG_E.zip (1 downloads)

"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#448576 - 03/14/18 08:03 AM Re: Help I'm lost [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
brickboo Offline

Johnny, thank you so much dear friend. I woke up with a fresh mind this morning and got my Player's Guide out, and found out how to do it. Thanks for your time and help friend. I really appreciate that.
Boo Hargis

#448912 - 03/18/18 06:11 AM Re: Help I'm lost [Re: brickboo]
zuki Offline

Boo, I hope you find some joy in the i30. Even back then, it was an awesome keyboard - the future Korg arrangers were a matter of time.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#449838 - 04/04/18 07:03 AM Re: Help I'm lost [Re: brickboo]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Boo ... I still play the iS5 that I got from YOU!

#449842 - 04/04/18 07:25 AM Re: Help I'm lost [Re: Uncle Dave]
brickboo Offline

Dave, how's it going? PLaying a lot?
I assume that you use it sparingly for certain arrangements that you may need for a particular tune right? You don't just take it for a 2 or 3-hour job by itself, do you?
Nice to hear from you Uncle Dave aka "The Phantom Of The Opera!"

#452127 - 05/18/18 01:30 PM Re: Help I'm lost [Re: brickboo]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
HI Boo,
Man - I guess I don't monitor this forum as much as I used to ... I just SAW this post! (5 weeks old) Anyway - the i5S is in a loved position in my living room, for a quick touch, or a distraction for clients while they are waiting to get in the studio. I could certainly use it for a NH job with no modifications,, but I rarely even bring a keyboard anymore. I'm set up at the restaurant 4 nights a week, and have 2 days a week at the Jersey shore starting in a few weeks, so I don't move my rig much. Good to hear from you, my friend ... hope we can get face to face one of these days. I just LOVE Colorado, and I'm sure you'd love Philly as well!

#452154 - 05/18/18 06:14 PM Re: Help I'm lost [Re: brickboo]
brickboo Offline

Wow, Dave! You must be the busiest player on the forum. You come on out to Colorado anytime and pick up Gary and Donny on the way eh, friend. Glad you're busy. I'm sorry you don't teach the kids anymore. Seems like you really enjoyed that.

#452157 - 05/18/18 06:19 PM Re: Help I'm lost [Re: brickboo]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By brickboo
Wow, Dave! You must be the busiest player on the forum. You come on out to Colorado anytime and pick up Gary and Donny on the way eh, friend. Glad you're busy. I'm sorry you don't teach the kids anymore. Seems like you really enjoyed that.

And Me? frown

#452158 - 05/18/18 06:20 PM Re: Help I'm lost [Re: brickboo]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By brickboo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online