SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#448276 - 03/10/18 07:33 AM O.T. Getting Older
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Seems when I was young, I could look forward to things getting easier...now it seems life just gets a bit tougher.

Also, it seems everything costs more and, on a fixed income as I am in retirement, harder to pay for as well.

I am fortunate to own a Genos and Bose S1 combo as that is a pricey $$$ way to go. Fortunately, savings and selling some equipment helped to pay for it. However, I figure it will take years of gigging to recoup my $$$ and to learn the many things Genos can do.

Also, I’m into photography. Started when I was 25 years old with an Olympus OM1...all of maybe $400 with a lens back then.

Now I shoot Canon cameras, long since purchased and paid for.

The other day I was reading about Sony cameras...a mirrorless smaller camera..a bit like what the OM1 was back when.

Cost of this Sony A7 Mark lll? $4,500 with one lens. shocked

Guess my days of learning(much less paying for)a new camera system are over. frown

My brain tells me I’m still 25, however my body and wallet remind me I’m too old and lacking in disposable $$$.

Sigh..... frown

Edited by guitpic1 (03/10/18 07:44 AM)

#448294 - 03/10/18 11:01 AM Re: O.T. Getting Older [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By guitpic1
Seems when I was young, I could look forward to things getting easier...now it seems life just gets a bit tougher.

Also, it seems everything costs more and, on a fixed income as I am in retirement, harder to pay for as well.

I am fortunate to own a Genos and Bose S1 combo as that is a pricey $$$ way to go. Fortunately, savings and selling some equipment helped to pay for it. However, I figure it will take years of gigging to recoup my $$$ and to learn the many things Genos can do.

Also, I’m into photography. Started when I was 25 years old with an Olympus OM1...all of maybe $400 with a lens back then.

The other day I was reading about Sony cameras...a mirrorless smaller camera..a bit like what the OM1 was back when.

Guess my days of learning(much less paying for)a new camera system are over. frown

My brain tells me I’m still 25, however my body and wallet remind me I’m too old and lacking in disposable $$$.

Sigh..... frown

OH NO!! eek2 you not gonna sell all your genos and speakers and buy & use band in a box with a 76key controller,
and buy a Sony A7 Mark lll??? coffee

Edited by Dnj (03/10/18 11:01 AM)

#448297 - 03/10/18 11:53 AM Re: O.T. Getting Older [Re: guitpic1]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA

I am fortunate to own a Genos However, I figure it will take years of gigging to recoup my $$$ and to learn the many things Genos can do.

Also, I’m into photography.

Sigh..... frown

Guitpic, I’m in the same boat i.e. it would take quite sometime to pay for the Genos based on the number of gigs I play. For me as I’ve written before life is too short “this time around isn’t a dress rehearsal.”

Yup got the photography bug and started reading about the Sony A7 Mark III and my first thought was DON’T EVEN GO THERE!! I’m sticking with my Canon DSLR and my Fuji mirrorless.

#448299 - 03/10/18 11:57 AM Re: O.T. Getting Older [Re: guitpic1]
zuki Offline

I bought my wife a Nikkon 7100 just so I could buy my toys smile She works full time (State of Michigan) and hardly has touched it the past year. At least, although expensive, I use my musical equipment to make money. That is more than justifiable.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#448300 - 03/10/18 11:57 AM Re: O.T. Getting Older [Re: guitpic1]
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA

Sigh..... frown

I am also into photography and use Canon.
Looked at Sony many times ...
However Color rendition is not as good as Canon.
Plus the lenses are not as sharp.
If you ad a real sharp lens you are dishing out a lot more dough ...
I have been looking at the G1X MIII.
G1X MIII
It has the same APS-C sensor as the EOS 80D
Still pricey at this point as it is fairly new.
But very compact and can lighten your load a bit ....
Eric

#448311 - 03/10/18 02:27 PM Re: O.T. Getting Older [Re: Eric, B]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
I’m too heavily invested in Canon now...

But thought this was interesting

https://youtu.be/zlRRt7hbryY

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online