SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#448286 - 03/10/18 09:47 AM Re: Starting to get Pissed off [Re: musicforyourday]
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Gobsmacked at this omission. I use this function extensively precisely because a significant gap between songs when you have a full dance floor equates to an empty dancefloor, and I don't work to a playlist.

I'm hoping get get hands-on with a Genos at the end of the month. This will be investigated!

#448287 - 03/10/18 09:53 AM Re: Starting to get Pissed off [Re: musicforyourday]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
This is why I use 2 iPads on the job

#448288 - 03/10/18 09:55 AM Re: Starting to get Pissed off [Re: Dnj]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
donny one reason i play in real time for example i pick song on feel

dont have set list i like the Marker in yamaha Midi files i can extend song or go to ending at any time have another song in waiting in real time pick the song at any point no lag dancers want to keep going no lag picking another song i think 2 to 3 songs ahead to keep the flow

Genos has screwed this up for me for now i am getting to people high up to get this resolved

this should not be a big fix

i want it to be on touch opp Genos can go from one sone to the next like before with 5 sec lag perfect all the other units do it why not Genos I think they over looked this

if you play as many events as I do per year this is very important to me

mp3 has you locked into the time the song is and that is it

i am thinking of mixing in a few MP3 but what I do works why fix it

#448289 - 03/10/18 10:37 AM Re: Starting to get Pissed off [Re: musicforyourday]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By musicforyourday
how many times have any of you guys had dancers get up min the middle of a song

Thats the beauty of a LAPTOP with all your recorded songs,backing tracks on it.......mp3.. wink

Edited by Dnj (03/10/18 10:37 AM)

#448290 - 03/10/18 10:50 AM Re: Starting to get Pissed off [Re: musicforyourday]
Dnj Offline

all the more reason to use a laptop with instant access to thousands of songs at the push of a button and an alphabetical search function that is incomparable by ANY other device tablets included in real time when the floor is packed with dancers, .....if you were closer I could show you exactly what i mean live in real time

Edited by Dnj (03/10/18 10:52 AM)

#448302 - 03/10/18 12:02 PM Re: Starting to get Pissed off [Re: Dnj]
zuki Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

all the more reason to use a laptop with instant access to thousands of songs at the push of a button and an alphabetical search function that is incomparable by ANY other device tablets included in real time when the floor is packed with dancers, .....if you were closer I could show you exactly what i mean live in real time

All that is fine, but how do you play arranger on a request? Don't you have to have some sort of style and sounds available ahead of time, along with tempo, etc? Winging it on an arranger, unless just piano, is not an easy task.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#448303 - 03/10/18 12:02 PM Re: Starting to get Pissed off [Re: Dnj]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By guitpic1
Out of curiosity....

As I looked at the song player on Genos, one player was labeled audio player and the other player was labeled midi file player.

On the PA4X, if I remember correctly, both players were MP3 players.

Makes me wonder if Genos was designed to fade in and out of songs on the song player?

Might not even be close here on this issue...??

Not sure "cross fading" is even on genos?....
going between "TWO Different Source players Mp3/Smf Formats" is gonna work on genos?....
I could be wrong?.....

Yes, you can cross fade on Genos wink
Eric

#448306 - 03/10/18 12:41 PM Re: Starting to get Pissed off [Re: zuki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By zuki
Originally Posted By Dnj

All that is fine, but how do you play arranger on a request? Don't you have to have some sort of style and sounds available ahead of time, along with tempo, etc? Winging it on an arranger, unless just piano, is not an easy task.

zuki not understanding your question please elaborate further please give an example.. confused1

Edited by Dnj (03/10/18 12:42 PM)

#448307 - 03/10/18 01:20 PM Re: Starting to get Pissed off [Re: zuki]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By zuki
Originally Posted By Dnj

I do it all the time. You have to know what styles you have, and what general song types they fit. I have memorized or saved locations for about 10 "go-to" styles. I quick check of tempo, pull up lyrics if needed and play!
On most of my text files of lyrics, I have the tempo, key and genre typed in. For example:
"Help Me Make It Through The Night" Kris Kristopherson, Ray Price - Tempo: 4/4 80 Key: D
Maybe 75 percent of requests I know off the top of my head, how to play them, style needed and key!

#448308 - 03/10/18 01:38 PM Re: Starting to get Pissed off [Re: musicforyourday]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
If I were to rely on style play only... I would also only use about a dozen styles..

It is more than enough... by the time you mute a couple parts, and 4 variations at hand.... you should be able to cover the bases..

This is also why I say a style is just a style and would never buy a new keyboard for the rom styles..

Edited by Fran Carango (03/10/18 01:40 PM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online