SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#448206 - 03/09/18 04:58 AM Pa4x wav loop wont repeat continuously. Help me
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Okay so i am using the sampling feature for the first time. So i found a drum wav file i like off the internet. I go into sampling modd and load this file and select for it to loop. Then i slice it and save it and exit.

Next i choose a style and go to style edit and add the wav file to the percussion track of the style on variation 4. When i save this and load the style... my wav file plays for one measure (is this the correct term? Then it is silent for the 2nd measure... then it plays again... it keeps missing every second one... what am i doing wrong?

If it helps i was followng the instructions of the pa3x youtube video on sampling part 1 and 2

Edited by rolandfan (03/09/18 05:00 AM)

#448211 - 03/09/18 05:41 AM Re: Pa4x wav loop wont repeat continuously. Help me [Re: rolandfan]
Dnj Offline

Talk with SZ Rikki....I had the same problem with my KORG using a Christmas jingle bell loop years ago, same problem of non repeating...somehow she was able to figure out what I was doing wrong and made it work perfectly to repeat & loop..good luck..

also try this using your wav as a pad...

"While in PAD EDIT or RECORD mode press MENU and select PAD TRACK CONTROLS -
Then set PAD TYPE to LOOP. Then WRITE the pad.

Edited by Dnj (03/09/18 05:44 AM)

#448222 - 03/09/18 11:09 AM Re: Pa4x wav loop wont repeat continuously. Help me [Re: rolandfan]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Rolandfan,
Is your audio loop 1 measure long and maybe the rest of the style parts 2 measures ?

It’s been years since I played around with the sampling functions, back to my pa800 days. so I’m guessing.
Slicing if I remember correctly has 2 parts the samples and midi part of it. I remember being able to do some weird and wonderful things with the midi part of the slice ie swap notes around and it would alter the drum pattern.

Edited by rikkisbears (03/09/18 11:41 AM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online