I know it's an old keyboard, but I'm still a fan of it. I've been playing also the X1, the Audya, the Tyros 5 and Korg PA3X. None of this keyboard gave me satisfaction on the drum/bass section as the SD1, which I own since 2001.
As my SD1 screen has now lots of black lines, I can barely read the screen. For this reason, I bought a second-hand one and I intend to work on it. I have several options:
- take the hard drive out of my old SD1 and place it in the newest one
- take the hard drive out of my old SD1, connect it to PC via an ATA-USB converter, make a disk clone with the utility dd (clone sector by sector), clone back the image into the newest SD1 hard drive
- work from the newest SD1 and copy the relevant files from the old one
In any case, I had a bunch of questions:
1) is the USB-SD kit simple to install in the SD1? the one advertised on their site
2) in case I want to purchase a hard drive, are there some limitations? Typically, I've seen it's 6GB ATA, will other sizes work? Then comes the problem of the format, I've seen Ketron has its own filesystem, how do I convert a regular hard drive to this filesystem?
3) I've seen the new SD1 has OS 4.0b, while my old one had OS 3.0b. What's your opinion here? I've seen some people complaining about the new sounds from the OS 4.0b. I've also seen there is OS6.0a
I also would like to retrieve the X1 or MS styles, which I used to have ported on my old SD1, where can I find them? Are they directly playable or do we need to tweak them for the SD1?
Thanks in advance.