SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#44794 - 07/16/05 11:52 AM Download / open Free files
Brakers Offline

Loc: Eastleigh, Hampshire, England
Hi There I know this must sound dumb to you lot but I have just aquired my KN7000 and was told of free download styles at Technics site. I have downloaded some of them and the PDf instructions says they will self extract to floppy disk. when I click on them they do not self extract and windows XP which i am using fails to recognise them the file extension is CST. do I need a special extraction software or what. Any help would be very much appreciated. kindest Regards Tony B.

#44795 - 07/16/05 12:57 PM Re: Download / open Free files
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Sounds like you have not got WINZIP program installed. It's free. try www.download.com and search for winzip.

#44796 - 07/16/05 02:45 PM Re: Download / open Free files
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
The files should extract themselves, no need for Winzip, XP also has it's own "Winzip" Compressed Folders. Make certain you are using the correct procedure to activate, CST is a Custom File from memory. Walter.

#44797 - 07/16/05 03:34 PM Re: Download / open Free files
technicsplayer Offline

It has nothing to do with winzip - don't even need it.

Read the instruction pdf again:

The self extractor executables each automatically produce a complete floppy disk ready to load filled with composer/panel memory versions of the styles. They are downloaded from sections with Floppy Disk in the title.

The CST files are are single custom versions of the styles, the instructions describe how to copy these to a floppy disk, load them via a different menu, and then save if you wish to sd. The individual versions are downloaded from sections with Custom Style in the title.

#44798 - 07/16/05 03:51 PM Re: Download / open Free files
dpeisic Offline

Loc: San Deigo, Ca, USA
Hi,

Thanks for the your prompt answer.

Say we are at BANK 1

Basically, I want to be able to save the setting on setting with the rhythm on at the memory location 1.
And save the second setting at memory 2-8 with Rhythm off,

Is it possible?

Doron

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online