Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#447514 - 02/27/18 05:49 PM Re: Ordered a 2nd Bose S1 Pro [Re: DonM]
zuki Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
Originally Posted By guitpic1
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Originally Posted By guitpic1

However, within a few weeks I was back in the hospital. First time in intensive care with what was described as a septic infection. My wife was told to prepare for the possibility I wouldn’t make it. However,4 days of IV meds later, I was home. Next issue was a blood clot...DVT they call it...but that seems to be getting better.
So, recouperation/healing is happening but slowly.
Since I’m going back to gigging, just a bit, I’ve been advised to go as light as I can on equipment....hence the S1 Pro.

Holy crap!!! Recoup is worse than the original problem ! surprised
Glad you are on the mend, and in the future, any time you go for dental work make sure you take heavy antibiotics ... infections can grab onto a prosthesis and there's no blood flowing through to get rid of them ...

Take it light on the gig ...
God Bless

Don, Tony

Tx for the comments. It was a pretty scary time. Even dental work now requires antibiotics. I’m holding off on dental work for a while.

I probably shouldn’t be buying any new equipment with my health history.

But I guess it’s my way of saying I’ll be around for a while. 😊👍👍

With my health right now, I don't even buy green bananas.

LOL Too funny! Not lost your humor smile

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#447517 - 02/27/18 08:23 PM Re: Ordered a 2nd Bose S1 Pro [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
With my health, right now, I don't buy anything that cannot be consumed in a single meal. Tomorrow, I'm off to the local radiology center to get a cat scan of my kidneys and lungs. Things are not looking good for this old codger, but I can assure you it has been one Hell of a ride.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#447525 - 02/27/18 10:57 PM Re: Ordered a 2nd Bose S1 Pro [Re: travlin'easy]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Hang in there all.

We ain’t dead yet.

😁😁😁

#447539 - 02/28/18 05:53 AM Re: Ordered a 2nd Bose S1 Pro [Re: guitpic1]
zuki Offline

Gary, hope all the reports show no problems......

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#447552 - 02/28/18 07:38 AM Re: Ordered a 2nd Bose S1 Pro [Re: guitpic1]
zuki Offline

How do you think the (2) speakers would do when put on (1) pole and use some extender arms? Light enough, might work. One pole, stereo field, but not real wide.

#447569 - 02/28/18 10:34 AM Re: Ordered a 2nd Bose S1 Pro [Re: guitpic1]
zuki Offline

I am trying to lighten my load too. I have a lot of jobs and it would be great to get stuff in our smaller car (gas).

Here's my thoughts, rid the (2) QSC10s and opt out for a pair of S1s. (I can hear the hiss and boos already).

My opinion on the Bose Compact was not high, but mono too. This created a thin piano. However, all other sounds seem to be fantastic, as with vocals.

If I spring for the 4X, my hope is to have the most pristine sound available to the audience.

Any thoughts?

#447571 - 02/28/18 11:20 AM Re: Ordered a 2nd Bose S1 Pro [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Jim, when I was lugging around a pair of Barbetta Sona 32-SC speakers and the poles, which seemed like a century ago, I loved what I heard, but soon realized that I was getting too old to put those speakers on poles and in reality, never really needed that much power (450-watts RMS each). Even when performing in the nite clubs and restaurants with younger crowds, 900-watts RMS was overkill. Consequently, when I went to the Bose L1 PAS system, I was elated. The weight was reduced dramatically, no more dangerous poles to contend with, and my biggest concern was people trying to lean against the tower as if it were some type of leaning post. I pretty much solved the problem by placing a "Danger - High Wattage" sign on the post in bright, red and yellow letters, which kinda scared most folks from touching the tower. It was almost funny to watch them reach for the tower to lean on then noticed the sign and quickly pulled their hand back as if they would be electrocuted. smile

Now, I know that Yamaha pianos are heavily stereo sampled, so I went about creating my own, custom, mono piano that has been downloaded thousands of times and used by lots of pro entertainers on this and the PSR Tutorial forum. It sounds thick, full bodied, but still crisp and clean. It solved the problem. Most of the other voices sounded just fine in mono.

When I switched to the L1 Compact, again, I initially went with mono, and that single L1 Compact covered 99 percent of all my audiences without every having a complaint or problem.For the bigger jobs, though, 150 or more audience members, I used a pair of them in stereo, which sounded a bit fuller and provided fantastic coverage for audiences to 300 people, indoors or outdoors. I rarely had to use that second amp, but I had it in the office and ready to go, just in case. I eventually sold it to one of the other local players who had a pair of monsters on poles. I think they were Peavey SP5Gs that tipped the scales at 60-pounds each. After using the Bose L1 Compact for two days, he sold those Peavies to the highest Ebay bidder. He plays an old Korg and a tenor sax, often just uses the Korg for midi files to back his sax and singing. He primarily performs at a high end Italian restaurant northeast of Baltimore on US 40.

For me, the Bose systems have been phenomenal during the past decade or more, and I would never consider going back to a conventional sound system. This is especially true for those of us who rely heavily on our vocals during a performance. The Bose systems provided the clearest vocals of any sound system I have used or heard in more than 50 years on stage. Nothing else came remotely close.

Good luck on whatever you decide upon,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#447572 - 02/28/18 11:28 AM Re: Ordered a 2nd Bose S1 Pro [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

http://www.ld-systems.com/en/home/

thats all I'm gonna say cool2

Edited by Dnj (02/28/18 11:28 AM)

#447573 - 02/28/18 11:45 AM Re: Ordered a 2nd Bose S1 Pro [Re: guitpic1]
zuki Offline

Thx for the replies.

Gary, I know you've had great success with the Bose and I really need to explore again. I might try one at GC this week.

Donny, I simply need two stereo pieces and prefer not the sub woofer system. Are they same as the Nano company products, which I didn't care for.

#447574 - 02/28/18 11:46 AM Re: Ordered a 2nd Bose S1 Pro [Re: guitpic1]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
( " I pretty much solved the problem by placing a "Danger - High Wattage" sign on the post in bright, red and yellow letters, which kinda scared most folks from touching the tower. It was almost funny to watch them reach for the tower to lean on then noticed the sign and quickly pulled their hand back as if they would be electrocuted. "smile )

Gary !!! Great idea !!! I'm going to pull the trigger on a pair of Eon Ones and I never thought of people touching the poles. But they will as they have done with my regular speaker stands. Going to the local Electrical Supply house and get me some stickers. Maybe put one on my keyboard too and then look at people fun when they ask "why don't you get shocked"
Good luck with your test tomorrow. Hang in there we're all wishing you the best.

Edited by Bill Lewis (02/28/18 11:47 AM)

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online