SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#447497 - 02/27/18 10:05 AM Re: Ordered a 2nd Bose S1 Pro [Re: guitpic1]
Crossover Offline

Found out they have them on display at Justmusic in Dortmund just half an hour away, I will certainly have a listen some time...

Edited by Crossover (02/27/18 10:06 AM)

#447498 - 02/27/18 10:25 AM Re: Ordered a 2nd Bose S1 Pro [Re: guitpic1]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By guitpic1

However, within a few weeks I was back in the hospital. First time in intensive care with what was described as a septic infection. My wife was told to prepare for the possibility I wouldn’t make it. However,4 days of IV meds later, I was home. Next issue was a blood clot...DVT they call it...but that seems to be getting better.
So, recouperation/healing is happening but slowly.
Since I’m going back to gigging, just a bit, I’ve been advised to go as light as I can on equipment....hence the S1 Pro.

Holy crap!!! Recoup is worse than the original problem ! surprised
Glad you are on the mend, and in the future, any time you go for dental work make sure you take heavy antibiotics ... infections can grab onto a prosthesis and there's no blood flowing through to get rid of them ...

Take it light on the gig ...
God Bless

#447501 - 02/27/18 11:58 AM Re: Ordered a 2nd Bose S1 Pro [Re: guitpic1]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
guitpic, best wishes and best of luck on the gig ...
how long has it been since your surgery?

Tx for asking.

Surgery was a little over three months ago. My right hip was replaced and that went well.

However, within a few weeks I was back in the hospital. First time in intensive care with what was described as a septic infection. My wife was told to prepare for the possibility I wouldn’t make it. However,4 days of IV meds later, I was home. Next issue was a blood clot...DVT they call it...but that seems to be getting better.

Since I’m going back to gigging, just a bit, I’ve been advised to go as light as I can on equipment....hence the S1 Pro.

Very similar to what happened to me when I had the defibrillator implant. Still fighting the infection, but it looks better since they went back in and cleaned it up. The infection had not reached the device, so that is good.
I'm glad you have beaten it!

#447504 - 02/27/18 01:52 PM Re: Ordered a 2nd Bose S1 Pro [Re: Crossover]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Crossover
A pity you didn't order a JBL Eon 206p to compare... Just 11 kilograms for stereo, very powerful, bass to 62Hz too.

But on the other hand I understand, it's a matter of being enthusiastic about a specific speaker or instrument, not just rational, we all know that I guess.

Edited by Dnj (02/27/18 01:54 PM)

#447505 - 02/27/18 02:41 PM Re: Ordered a 2nd Bose S1 Pro [Re: guitpic1]
Crossover Offline

This video is a little helpful to assess its sound if you know how a Bose Sounddock portable sounds. It is a comparison of two completely different systems, but it gives a rough idea. He ran the Sounddock at nearly maximum, the JBL Eon 206p at below 50 percent volume. The comparison starts at 6:20.
https://youtu.be/xDKUM8YVW1E

Edited by Crossover (02/27/18 02:41 PM)

#447507 - 02/27/18 04:35 PM Re: Ordered a 2nd Bose S1 Pro [Re: tony mads usa]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri

Glad you are on the mend, and in the future, any time you go for dental work make sure you take heavy antibiotics ... infections can grab onto a prosthesis and there's no blood flowing through to get rid of them ...

God Bless

Don, Tony

Tx for the comments. It was a pretty scary time. Even dental work now requires antibiotics. I’m holding off on dental work for a while.

I probably shouldn’t be buying any new equipment with my health history.

But I guess it’s my way of saying I’ll be around for a while. 😊👍👍

#447508 - 02/27/18 04:40 PM Re: Ordered a 2nd Bose S1 Pro [Re: Crossover]
guitpic1 Offline

This video is a little helpful to assess its sound if you know how a Bose Sounddock portable sounds. It is a comparison of two completely different systems, but it gives a rough idea. He ran the Sounddock at nearly maximum, the JBL Eon 206p at below 50 percent volume. The comparison starts at 6:20.

The Bose soundock is a home sound system, the S1 Pro is a portable PA.

Best to actually hear the S1 up close to compare.

#447509 - 02/27/18 04:46 PM Re: Ordered a 2nd Bose S1 Pro [Re: guitpic1]
guitpic1 Offline

On Sweetwater’s website, there are already 35 reviews and at 4.5 stars. That signals, I would think, a pretty good new product.

About the only way to judge the S1 Pro, IMHO, is to get up close and personal with one...pretty surprising what it can do....pricey? Yes.

#447510 - 02/27/18 04:52 PM Re: Ordered a 2nd Bose S1 Pro [Re: guitpic1]
Crossover Offline

The Bose soundock is a home sound system, the S1 Pro is a portable PA.

Best to actually hear the S1 up close to compare.

The Sounddock only serves as a reference in that video, he could have chosen anything to compare. Of course I have no intention to put a Sounddock Portable in the same category as the S1 Pro, I‘m far from doing that, the video was about the Eon 206p.

#447513 - 02/27/18 05:41 PM Re: Ordered a 2nd Bose S1 Pro [Re: guitpic1]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA

God Bless

Don, Tony

Tx for the comments. It was a pretty scary time. Even dental work now requires antibiotics. I’m holding off on dental work for a while.

I probably shouldn’t be buying any new equipment with my health history.

But I guess it’s my way of saying I’ll be around for a while. 😊👍👍

With my health right now, I don't even buy green bananas.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online