SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#447454 - 02/26/18 12:39 PM Re: Rain Songs [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

https://app.box.com/s/8t1qsfvc9x6axq7zk2q6ngvy9tj6swcu

thought I'd give it a try too with the EA7..
here's a very short test run recording...didn't have the time to really get into it right now but Gary inspired me.. wink
hope to hear more versions of this song from SZ members but I doubt that frown ....anyway enjoy..

headphone

Edited by Dnj (02/26/18 12:45 PM)

#447455 - 02/26/18 12:44 PM Re: Rain Songs [Re: DonM]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I don't usually comment on SZ performances but I had to comment on the two posted by DonM. Aside from his 'legendary' guitar emulations, I think he really captured the essence of this beautiful tune. Not only were the arrangements tasteful but (most importantly to ME) neither one had that classic 'arranger' sound. I think that's because of the tasteful playing over and around the base arrangement. I may have slightly preferred the first one but both were excellent. If, for whatever reason, you need to use an arranger, this is how you should do it. JMO.

chas

#447457 - 02/26/18 12:47 PM Re: Rain Songs [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
I don't usually comment on SZ performances but I had to comment on the two posted by DonM. Aside from his 'legendary' guitar emulations, I think he really captured the essence of this beautiful tune. Not only were the arrangements tasteful but (most importantly to ME) neither one had that classic 'arranger' sound. I think that's because of the tasteful playing over and around the base arrangement. I may have slightly preferred the first one but both were excellent. If, for whatever reason, you need to use an arranger, this is how you should do it. JMO.

chas

I agree Chas with Dons songs but he always does good, but who are we to judge? I just listen and absorb....maybe sometime you can conjure up a Hammond Organ version of some kind also?..

#447458 - 02/26/18 12:55 PM Re: Rain Songs [Re: DonM]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I'd love to Donny but I'd like to do mine with my guitarist (and maybe my tenor sax player). I'll give them a heads-up and see if we can do it (record) at next rehearsal.

chas

#447459 - 02/26/18 12:58 PM Re: Rain Songs [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

I'd love to Donny but I'd like to do mine with my guitarist (and maybe my tenor sax player). I'll give them a heads-up and see if we can do it (record) at next rehearsal.

chas

That would be fantastic Chas!!....I can wait for sure...
I know it will be amazing.....sharing = learning for sure
take care

#447460 - 02/26/18 01:08 PM Re: Rain Songs [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, excellent rendition, great vocals, as usual, and I'm glad I could be an inspiration to someone.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#447461 - 02/26/18 01:17 PM Re: Rain Songs [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Donny, excellent rendition, great vocals, as usual, and I'm glad I could be an inspiration to someone.

All the best,

Gary cool

Thanx Gary....these little challenges are always fun wish more people would post their music. ....more more..

Edited by Dnj (02/26/18 02:58 PM)

#447462 - 02/26/18 01:29 PM Re: Rain Songs [Re: cgiles]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA

chas

Dang it Chas, you got me all choked up here. I'd better go record something else while I have that tear in my voice! Seriously, thank you for saying such nice things.
I need to go listen to them because I don't remember which is which.

#447463 - 02/26/18 01:35 PM Re: Rain Songs [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I enjoyed both Gary's and Donnie's versions. They both played the "signature" lick, where I must have forgotten about it.
It's a great song and it is fun to hear the different renditions of it!

#447476 - 02/27/18 12:09 AM Re: Rain Songs [Re: DonM]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online