SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#447146 - 02/21/18 11:04 PM OT. Wanna Be Famous?
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Put a little ‘kick’ in your music.

https://youtu.be/Lpr49Q5EJ7E

#447171 - 02/22/18 08:29 AM Re: OT. Wanna Be Famous? [Re: guitpic1]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Different times. Matching suits and choreography.
Iremember it was Brian Epstien who insisted the Beatles wear suits when they came to America to try and soften the opinions of the adults. It worked prety well.

I still Hvw my old shiny emerald green tux jacket from my first band.
Was I ever that thin ????

Now I see a lot of musicians here trying to look like stereotypical lumberjacks.
AKA Zak Brown effect.

#447188 - 02/22/18 12:40 PM Re: OT. Wanna Be Famous? [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill, I agree - there are a lot of guys that seem to believe they look sharp when they perform looking like they just crawled out of a wine bottle and walked through a swamp to get to the stage.

I always prided myself in my on stage appearance, and I was frequently complimented by audience members on my attire. My mother always told me that you only get one chance to make a first impression - make the best of it! She was right, as always.

Guitpic, I was always a big fan of both the Shadows and The Ventures. Notice in the video that most of the girls back then chewed gum.

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online