SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#447115 - 02/21/18 12:18 PM Genos style quallity
Bachus Offline

So many members jumped onto the Genos by now..

How would you all rate the Genos style quallity compared to other arrangers?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#447119 - 02/21/18 01:09 PM Re: Genos style quallity [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Styles are always what you do with them afterwards..

#447120 - 02/21/18 01:35 PM Re: Genos style quallity [Re: Bachus]
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By Bachus

Coming from the Tyros4, they are far superior.
Much more dynamic, more live sounding, less busy, much more HD like. Every instrument is much more defined , clear and seperated.
The T4 sounds almost muffled in comparison. ...
I am an extreme happy camper.
The Revo drums alone make a huge difference. ...
Eric

#447121 - 02/21/18 01:50 PM Re: Genos style quallity [Re: Bachus]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By Bachus

Smooth/Lovely...Does that help?

I’ve had my Genos now since about Feb. 1st. Thanks partially to our cold weather, I’ve been indoors playing, at a minimum, two hours a day.

Thought I’d never say this, but I wouldn’t care if I never gigged again, I just enjoy playing Genos for myself. That said...gigging, for me, starts next month.

Voices are the best of any arranger I’ve owned, and styles are rich yet are still able to generate a live sound when pushed.

It’s a wonderful sounding instrument.

By the way, I must have gotten a special Genos. Because listening to Genos on YouTube, not one of those Genos videos sounds as good as mine does. 😁

Edited by guitpic1 (02/21/18 02:08 PM)

#447124 - 02/21/18 02:22 PM Re: Genos style quallity [Re: guitpic1]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Thanks for the update gentlemen. I just wish I could afford the update from my 970 to the Genos. Oh well...maybe someday.

jingleman

#447125 - 02/21/18 02:41 PM Re: Genos style quallity [Re: guitpic1]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By guitpic1
[quote=Bachus]

By the way, I must have gotten a special Genos. Because listening to Genos on YouTube, not one of those Genos videos sounds as good as mine does. 😁

Let show youre sound , i am curios eek

Impuls

#447126 - 02/21/18 02:44 PM Re: Genos style quallity [Re: Impuls]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Impuls
[quote=Bachus]

Impuls

Yes that would be interesting for sure....

#447127 - 02/21/18 02:50 PM Re: Genos style quallity [Re: Dnj]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I have had an interesting situation ... I have had Genos for a couple of months, and still have my Tyros5. I'm preparing for a Broadway review type show I'm playing in (a little 4-pc "pit band). For reasons too detailed to describe here, I've done that prep work (learning songs, creating registrations and settings, etc.) on the Tyros5. So, I have been back to using the Tyros5 more.

Then last night, I went to the Genos to do some practicing, since my T5 was in its case ready to go to a rehearsal. More than before, I noticed the overall difference in sound quality on Genos. When I first got Genos, sure it sounded great, and I played only the Genos for a month, hardly touching the T5. Then I needed to use the T5 to prep for this show ... and got away from Genos for a few weeks.

So, on "sudden comparison", the Genos stood out more to me than before, for having richer sound overall, higher-quality sound overall, etc. (Styles and sounds). And some of that was on Registrations that I prepped on T5 and copied over to Genos (for the show). So, some of this 'new impression' was on sounds that are on T5 and Genos (Seattle strings, etc.)

So I'm looking forward to getting back to making Genos my "primary keyboard" soon!

Jim

Edited by jimlaing (02/21/18 02:51 PM)

#447131 - 02/21/18 03:46 PM Re: Genos style quallity [Re: Bachus]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hi.
As I have mentioned a few times before, in my ears Genos is the best sounding arranger from Yamaha so far.
It sounds smoother, not as CD'ish as before, the styles is better balanced and as said by others here, not as busy and more live.
There is some Audio style files 'disks' for free at Genos site, and now I can see there is more coming at the *Yamaha Shop*

Quote: Styles played by REAL instruments!
Samples:
https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/style-files/pop-and-rock-audio-styles-2
https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/style-files/swing-and-world-audio-styles-2
https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/style-files/latin-audio-styles-4

And yes, those 'audio styles' sounds good. smile

I'm not gigging anymore, and have no plans to start again, so it's only for my own pleasure and neighbours pain. crazy
* Do I like Genos? YES!
* Do I want to add a PA4X-76? YES!
* Do I still play KMA and BK7-m? Yes, but not as much as before because of Genos. wink

* Is Genos really worth the high price level when launched? NOT!!! ... But you forget about money when sit down and play it, at least I do.
keys
It's a lovely arranger, and the 'new' OS works great when get more used to it. smile
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#447133 - 02/21/18 03:53 PM Re: Genos style quallity [Re: Bachus]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I know I wrote this another post somewhere. My wife could care less what arranger I use she said they all sound good. When I took home the Genos she said “I don’t get it, it looks like the Korg Pa4x ( well we know Genos and Pa4x are both-black and that’s as far as it goes). Once I fired up the Genos and played a few tunes she said “wow this is the best sounding one of all.”

I took the Genos out in December to a couple of Christmas gigs, places that I play at every year and the response was the best yet from the audience. On one gig there was a piano player in the audience who never really knew what an arranger was and the guy was blown away at what he heard coming from the Genos. Haven’t had it on a gig since I’m just doing a one hour weekly piano solo here in Florida. When I return home later this spring I’ll be using the Genos on gigs.

#447134 - 02/21/18 03:54 PM Re: Genos style quallity [Re: Impuls]
guitpic1 Offline

[quote=Bachus]

Impuls

My point impuls, is that the only real good way to know how Genos sounds is to play one live.

😊

#447135 - 02/21/18 04:01 PM Re: Genos style quallity [Re: guitpic1]
Stephenm52 Offline

[quote=Bachus]

Impuls

My point impuls, is that the only real good way to know how Genos sounds is to play one live.

😊

..........and I’ll quote Smokey “I’ll Second That Emotion.”

#447138 - 02/21/18 07:01 PM Re: Genos style quallity [Re: Bachus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Steve, be sure to stop here and pay a visit to an old codger so I can get my hands on that Genos. Fillet Mignon, lobster, ocean scallops wrapped in bacon, and that's just the first course. smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#447139 - 02/21/18 07:10 PM Re: Genos style quallity [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Steve, be sure to stop here and pay a visit to an old codger so I can get my hands on that Genos. Fillet Mignon, lobster, ocean scallops wrapped in bacon, and that's just the first course. smile

Gary cool

Steve now that's a great offer!

#447144 - 02/21/18 10:17 PM Re: Genos style quallity [Re: travlin'easy]
guitpic1 Offline

Gary cool

Gary,

You might want to get one just to try out...add new life to your musical interests.

Just a thought.

😊

#447151 - 02/22/18 03:19 AM Re: Genos style quallity [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Gary cool

Yes it is a great offer!! Thank you Gary.

#447152 - 02/22/18 03:29 AM Re: Genos style quallity [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Stephenm52
Originally Posted By Dnj

Gary cool

Yes it is a great offer!! Thank you Gary.

take pics/videos too....

#447252 - 02/23/18 07:42 AM Re: Genos style quallity [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

#447302 - 02/24/18 12:53 AM Re: Genos style quallity [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

Yamaha Musicsoft allowed me, for free, to download the updated versions(for Genos)of the Celtic and Country Musician packs. I had purchased these a few years back for my Tyros4....saved me spending an additional $350 or so.

I use these packs a lot...styles, voices and multipads...just great sounds....perfect for my type of music.

Considering that I’m still in the honeymoon phase with Genos, gotta say it’s a wonderful sounding keyboard. I discovered this, not by listening to YouTube videos, but playing one.

👍

YouTube videos are still informative and fun, I just don’t draw any real conclusions about sound from them.

Edited by guitpic1 (02/24/18 12:55 AM)

#447305 - 02/24/18 02:03 AM Re: Genos style quallity [Re: guitpic1]

Yamaha Musicsoft allowed me, for free, to download the updated versions(for Genos)of the Celtic and Country Musician packs. .......

Great service that we can download the packs bought for T4 years ago updated to G, and for free. wink
I suppose you have downloaded all the extra bonus styles from the Yam updatesite too?
8 packs of audiostyles plus 138 reworked T5 styles, and they sound great.
I still have quite a lot of 'single styles' to rework, but I guess that's a part of the fun.
Well, at least it is a exciting time killer while waiting for the spring and summer .... crazy
keys

#447310 - 02/24/18 07:37 AM Re: Genos style quallity [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
tom moon Offline

Loc: Haddonfield, NJ, USA
Johnny....where are the bonus styles? just did the OS update at Yamaha but didn't see them. are they in the musicsoft page?
thanks
EDIT: found them! on the yamaha Europe OS download page.
https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/mu.../downloads.html

Edited by tom moon (02/24/18 07:41 AM)

#447330 - 02/25/18 03:40 AM Re: Genos style quallity [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
guitpic1 Offline

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny
Yamaha Musicsoft allowed me, for free, to download the updated versions(for Genos)of the Celtic and Country Musician packs. .......

Great service that we can download the packs bought for T4 years ago updated to G, and for free. wink
I suppose you have downloaded all the extra bonus styles from the Yam updatesite too?
8 packs of audiostyles plus 138 reworked T5 styles, and they sound great.
I still have quite a lot of 'single styles' to rework, but I guess that's a part of the fun.
Well, at least it is a exciting time killer while waiting for the spring and summer .... crazy
keys

Gunnar,

Haven’t downloaded the bonus styles yet. Will probably do so in the future. I think I have to create a Pack in YEM to do this.

Thing is, I’m trying to learn all the new stuff there is on Genos, not to mention the new OS,
before I dig into new styles.

This Genos could keep me busy for a while.

Edited by guitpic1 (02/25/18 03:45 AM)

#447331 - 02/25/18 03:59 AM Re: Genos style quallity [Re: guitpic1]

..... I think I have to create a Pack in YEM to do this....
This Genos could keep me busy for a while.

You don't have to use YEM to download to PC, but the bonus Audiostyles are packs that you have to use YEM to transfer to G.
The reworked T5 styles are singles in a folder, and can be used by put the folder at USB as is, or copied / transfer to G by use of MDownloader.
Lot's of good ones in there. smile

Yes, there is much to explore and in fact I get to like G more and more.
It's a nice 'upgrade' from T4, and it is still the best sounding YamArranger I heard so far. wink

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online