SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#44682 - 12/01/02 12:05 AM Re: technics kn7000
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Theatre organ sounds on a KN6XXX no good? Try layering some. As a starting point any theatre organ preset on R1 at a level of 127. Add Tibia Chorus on R2 at level of around 118 and lowered 2 octaves. On left modify Theatre Accompaniment by adding a 16' voice at a level of 80 and lowered 2 octaves. Set the overall Left level around 76. Feed the output through an external amp/speaker combination with some real bass response and compare the difference with the basic voices.

Cheers

Len C.

#44683 - 12/01/02 06:57 AM Re: technics kn7000
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Doug and All.
I've just looked at the Profile of this super critic. No Occupation! No Interests!
Registered 30/11/2002. I think that says at all, don't you. It could be a wind up, I suppose. If it was, it looks as though it worked.
Pete B.
p.s. I wonder if he knows about the Modulation Wheel
Quote:
Originally posted by Douglas Dean:
My O My, did you get out on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

#44684 - 12/01/02 08:39 AM Re: technics kn7000
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Peter,

Yes, I also looked at his profile and you are absolutely right. Altho he has a perfect right to keep his occupation, interests and other things private, I think we could relate to each other better knowing a little of each other. But each to his own. Incidentally while were on this subject, what in the world is ORLA MONTOVA 2?? A game? A girl? A type of music? Your wife? And while were at it, what happened to ORLA MONTOVA #1. You don’t have to tell me but you sure got my curiosity up! Let me guess. Because your a baker, an ORLA MONTOVA2 is the new improved version of the first ORLA MONTOVA you baked? Is that it? Yes? NO?

Back to the subject at hand. Why do people do the things they do? What in the world prompted this fellow to say what he said? Not only that, but on his first post just becoming a member. Sounds like he might be a tad bit unhappy about something. You may have put your finger on his evaluation. The Modulation wheel!!! That I could understand. Anyway let’s give him a chance to explain himself. I, for one, would like to hear from him again to see the why of his statement. After all, I have in the past stepped out on the wrong foot in a few situations. I was very thankful for a second chance, so let’s give this fellow a chance to have a second start. What do you say?

The modulation wheel! Oh the wonder of that little wheel. So round and plump. Sitting so bold in a sea of silver. Waiting to be touched. Touch me, move me she cries. I will get your attention. You WILL remember me. Just touch me and see. I touched her with my guitar and we fell in love. Pete, have you had an affair with her and what do you think?

Grandpa Doug

#44685 - 12/01/02 09:44 AM Re: technics kn7000
Sparky Offline

Loc: lewiston maine usa
Something tell me, this garrett guy never intended on posting more than that one post. First off he filled in only the required fields to sign up. Second, he doesn't own a technics. Third, I think he is just one of those people who go around making a negative difference in the world. If there is a positive difference he can make, he won't waste his time. That's my guess anyways. Maybe he is just upset because he can't find a keyboard to his liking within his price range. He obviously has tried both the 6500 and the 7000, and is still looking. I remember when I was looking to buy a good keyboard. I found things about all of them I looked at the I didn't like. Finally I had enough money to spend on one to find one that I could be happy with and do all the things with it i wanted to do. He must be spending time in music stores and going home disappointed that he can't afford to buy what he sees. That used to be me. Checking out great keyboards only made me wish I could afford one I saw! haha I knew I would have been happier if I never went into the music stores and teased myself by seeing all the great things I could have if I only had the money. Looking at it from this angle "if I am correct", I can see how easy it can be for him to be upset. His radio shack keyboard must be irritating as ole heck! ha ha. Maybe one day he can afford something better. By then they just may make one he will be happy with.
Tony

#44686 - 12/02/02 12:08 AM Re: technics kn7000
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Doug.
I agree with you about the privacy. It's not that we are all a nosey lot of folks but it's good to know something of who we have contact with. The Montova 2 is a long story. It is my latest Organ. I have had more Organs than there are states in the U.S. I have kept quite a few dealers in business with my part exchanges and upgrades. You probably don't see much of the Orla company in the States, they are an Italian companyand they make a very nice sound probably similar to the Gulbransens. One of the manufacturers you will know is LOWREY. I bought the Heritage about 7 years ago and this was a superb instrument and I had that for 5 years until a dealer persuaded me to
do a straight swap, this time a Roland AT70 and after about 18months in a moment of sheer madness I thought that I would like Digital Piano and went for a Roland KR577. This proved to be the worst purchase I have ever made and found it to be totally frustrating and over compilicated, even for me , and I have been playing all kinds of keyboards/organs for over 50 years. So, thats where the Montova 2 comes into the picture. I couldn't find another LOWREY so I settled, at great damage to my pocket money to go for the ORLA MONTOVA 2,once again in a straight exchange deal. (Oh yes! there was a Montova 1, but I didn't have one of those).You'll now just have to watch this space as I have seen a LOWREY HERITAGE in one of the local dealers but am holding back because he wants to much for it and I think that if I wait awhile he 'll be glad to get rid of it at a price that i'm willing to pay
Regards
Pete B
p.s. We're all coming to Florida on the 19th December so I'll be looking to see if the LOWREY dealer is still in the Shopping Mall at Branston(I think thats it). It's somewhere on the road to Tampa
Quote:
Originally posted by Douglas Dean:
Peter,

Yes, I also looked at his profile and you are absolutely right. Altho he has a perfect right to keep his occupation, interests and other things private, I think we could relate to each other better knowing a little of each other. But each to his own. Incidentally while were on this subject, what in the world is ORLA MONTOVA 2?? A game? A girl? A type of music? Your wife? And while were at it, what happened to ORLA MONTOVA #1. You don’t have to tell me but you sure got my curiosity up! Let me guess. Because your a baker, an ORLA MONTOVA2 is the new improved version of the first ORLA MONTOVA you baked? Is that it? Yes? NO?

Back to the subject at hand. Why do people do the things they do? What in the world prompted this fellow to say what he said? Not only that, but on his first post just becoming a member. Sounds like he might be a tad bit unhappy about something. You may have put your finger on his evaluation. The Modulation wheel!!! That I could understand. Anyway let’s give him a chance to explain himself. I, for one, would like to hear from him again to see the why of his statement. After all, I have in the past stepped out on the wrong foot in a few situations. I was very thankful for a second chance, so let’s give this fellow a chance to have a second start. What do you say?

The modulation wheel! Oh the wonder of that little wheel. So round and plump. Sitting so bold in a sea of silver. Waiting to be touched. Touch me, move me she cries. I will get your attention. You WILL remember me. Just touch me and see. I touched her with my guitar and we fell in love. Pete, have you had an affair with her and what do you think?

Grandpa Doug

#44687 - 12/02/02 03:38 PM Re: technics kn7000
Anonymous
Unregistered

Peter,

I think you mean Bradenton. I to have gone thru the organs...Hammond Chord, were I was self taught to make noise, was my first.......probably before you were born.

What a shame this great Forum has turned into a tit for tat about rotten posts.

I think if we ignore the posters of such silliness, they will go away by themselves and we can go back to positive thoughts about the instrument that brought us here....Technics!!

cheers to all the great folks on the Forum,

Fran in Florida

#44688 - 12/03/02 07:19 PM Re: technics kn7000
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Now that makes sense! Don't waste your time on the wackos!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fran in Florida:
[I think if we ignore the posters of such silliness, they will go away by themselves

#44689 - 12/03/02 09:23 PM Re: technics kn7000
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Sickness feeds on it’s self. We have societies in this world. Some are civilized and some are not. At this moment we are having untold troubles with less than civilized societies. This country of ours must do something about people that cause trouble. And we do. Wackos as you call them. Will the wackos go away if you leave them alone? Not in societies, in our personal lives nor anywhere else. Not until some kind of action is taken to control them. Silly do you call them? Wackos? At the very least aggravating. I would say verging on the edge of being agitators with a chip on their shoulder in many cases. Why do you think other countries, societies and organizations have so much trouble? Because trouble makers are left unchallenged. They feed on each other. This phenomena can be seen on all kinds of these forums. A while back we had a number of people on this forum bent on fault finding, negative comments and as you would call it silliness. Wackos? Just leave them alone and they will go away? If you want to put your head in the sand and believe that, go ahead. Not I! I am not a pacifist. I see it as a disease. A disease needs to have action taken to fight it. If left alone it spreads. Just take a look back a few months and see for yourself. A host of silly wackos. Some of us did something about it and got chastised by the pacifists. The result? We have not had much of silliness, as you call it, until this last outbreak. If you will take the time to review all the posts, I fail to see how this forum has turned into a tit for tat thing about rotten posts. I happen to see people receiving a lot of help with their musical endeavors. I see much encouragement given. I see many thank you’s given. I see people with a wealth of knowledge sharing freely. Maybe you are blind and can only see the negative. Not me! You like the tit? You don’t like the tat? Maybe the other way around? If you like some one telling your choice of board has a cheesy this or that and any PRO knows you need this or that to have a decent board, go ahead and enjoy it. I suppose you like it rubbed in that he only spent less than a thousand for his with all the pro stuff on it and you spent more than triple with nothing that a PROFESSIONAL needs. Don’t say anything and it will go away? Would you like to count his posts? Did it go away? No! Others started to chime in with their fault finding. If you think a troublemaker will go away by themselves you never have read any history or are not living in the real world. I have wished for many things but never got them without working for them. I know a lot of people who wish they could play music but put no effort into achieving that end. Good luck!

Grandpa Doug

#44690 - 12/04/02 10:04 AM Re: technics kn7000
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Fran. I've just had a look on my my of Forida State and I see thet it is Brandon on the outskirts of Tampa going towards Haynes City. Highway 90 I think, but don't hold me to that
Regards
Peter.
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran in Florida:
Peter,

I think you mean Bradenton. I to have gone thru the organs...Hammond Chord, were I was self taught to make noise, was my first.......probably before you were born.

What a shame this great Forum has turned into a tit for tat about rotten posts.

I think if we ignore the posters of such silliness, they will go away by themselves and we can go back to positive thoughts about the instrument that brought us here....Technics!!

cheers to all the great folks on the Forum,

Fran in Florida

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online