SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#44672 - 11/30/02 06:41 AM technics kn7000
Anonymous
Unregistered

I note that they've fixed the theatre organ sounds on the 7000 (the 6500 ones were rubbish.)

All they need to do now is fix the crappy string sounds (thin and harsh desribes them), and then I might buy a technics keyboard

#44673 - 11/30/02 06:49 AM Re: technics kn7000
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
My O My, did you get out on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

#44674 - 11/30/02 07:45 AM Re: technics kn7000
Sparky Offline

Loc: lewiston maine usa
strings can be layered and effects can be added. That can make all the difference in the world! But maybe you didn't know that?
Some human voices at a lower volume in the mix with the strings and butta boom. wow
Tony

All they need to do now is fix the crappy string sounds (thin and harsh desribes them), and then I might buy a technics keyboard[/B][/QUOTE]

#44675 - 11/30/02 10:54 AM Re: technics kn7000
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by d garrett:
I note that they've fixed the theatre organ sounds on the 7000 (the 6500 ones were rubbish.)

All they need to do now is fix the crappy string sounds (thin and harsh desribes them), and then I might buy a technics keyboard

If I were you I would not bother because it probably would not like you either

#44676 - 11/30/02 12:25 PM Re: technics kn7000
Douglas Dean Offline

I could put you in touch with someone else who might of bought a KN if his assessments were fixed and you both could console each other. You all could combine your rubbish and your crappie stuff with his cheesy stuff and disappointments and have a mutual admiration society sort of thing going. Please don’t be disappointed if technics does not cry if y’all don’t own one.

Grandpa Doug

#44677 - 11/30/02 01:56 PM Re: technics kn7000
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I can't understand why someone should be so negative and scathing on their first appearance on this forum. A scan through the postings on this forum will make it quite obvious that his opinion is not shared by the majority of KN7000 owners and others who have had a chance to audition the keyboard. Still - I suppose it takes all sorts and he is entitled to his opinion.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#44678 - 11/30/02 03:40 PM Re: technics kn7000
Douglas Dean Offline

Bill,

You are a design engineer and I own my own construction firm and landscape nursery. I as well as you find it difficult to understand some of the negativity and scathing remarks on this forum. Of course this is only my personal opinion, but I would say what we need is a musician with the background of a psychologist. Is there such a combination lurking out there? This trait comes in all forms. Some just bluntly spew their remarks for no apparent reason. Then others will butter us up with a few good points and then stick it to us with how cheesy and deficient our choice of boards are in other aspects. Oh, how disappointed I am! This tact is taken so they can pompously declare they are even handed and just trying to be fair. Rot, that two faced baloney irks me. It irks me especially when juiced up with the comparison that their boards, at a much less cost, can do what my board can’t do at three times the cost. Must be so because they are Pro! The end result being the insinuation I am an idiot in my choice. When I voice my opinion of this process of denigration I am pegged an ogre of some sort by a few of the same mindset. We now have both ends of the spectrum. Is there some one out there who can explain this? Could be I’m all wet. I have been skewed in the way I think in the past. Some love negativity and some, like me, hate it. Why? There must be a reason. Why!!!

Grandpa Doug

#44679 - 11/30/02 04:38 PM Re: technics kn7000
Sparky Offline

Well Doug. I have the kn6500.
For me, There is not a keyboard out there that is the best in every way. They all have their pro's and con's. There are boards out there that are better in some aspects, but most to me don't measure up to my 6500 when I average it all out. I have brought up a few weak points about the 6500 myself, hoping someone would suggest a way to beef them up. And I have also posted ways to do so. I don't think I am a bad guy for posting weak points, as long as my intent was right, and not just to slam the kn series. I tend to analize a lot also. That's just me. I am a perfectionist. And I like my originals to be the best they can. I admit one time I got pissed about the sequencer, and I know you remember. haha. Speaking of that, I am doing quite well with it now. As long as I use right1 and 2 last and don't copy from them. Which is no problem not to do. But why must everyone get so upset when people post a negative opinion about one aspect of the kn? After all we all paid a lot of money for it and can sometimes be a bit disappointed with one or two things about it. But this Garrett guy, doesn't even own a kn, and Because of that, I didn't care to see his post. What was the purpose, I asked myself. But anyways, there isn't a board out there without weak spots. Maybe in the 10's of thousands of dollars there is a perfect board. kn's have a lot of bang for the buck. While some sounds are a bit weak and thin. They can be beefed up with effects etc... and I think the user friendliness of the kn6500 and 7000 is unmatched by any board out there! The layout of the 6500 is perfect. Who wants to flip through menu's for everything? Not me. For you 6500 users who play beefed up sounds using effects and play it loud, and have to put up with the display pull up window rattling away: Sticking a piece of rubber, or a match book down in the crack on the back side of the lcd pull up part will stop that rattle. I used a piece of rubber. Stuffed it down in there with one end to big so it won't fall in. I think a full book of matches would not fall in if the small end was put in first. Not sure, I have no match books here. This is just an example how posting something negative can work out good. It gets people thinking, and someone comes up with a solution or a fix for it. I posted about the rattle and came up with the fix myself but if I had been happy enough with it, then it would still rattle today!
Sparky.

#44680 - 11/30/02 08:02 PM Re: technics kn7000
Douglas Dean Offline

Sparky, you I understand and know where your coming from. You are right about nothing being perfect. Yes that is correct. I have no problem with any one suggesting week points in their particular products. Perhaps the manufacture will be informed of these and address them in their next offering. I know you were very frustrated with the sequencer at one time. I think all of us have at one time or another vented our frustration in a negative manner, condemning the thing instead of seeking help with it. In my opinion people respond to a call of help with eagerness but are repulsed by unjustified judgment. I think we all learned a good lesson with our exchanges on this matter. Sparky, I in no way had you in mind in responding to the issue at hand. In fact I admire your sincereness and good attitude in the way you approach things. Sometimes we just have to count to ten before our frustration overcomes us. Yes, I also have my 6500. I also have a love thing going with it. I am in the process of joining them both together, the 65 + 7, at their midi cord. Double the pleasure. What do ya think? Will it be too much for me? Will there be jealousy when I take only one to do her stuff in front of people? Can the newcomer match the old pro? Time will tell! Anyway Sparky, glad to hear from you and thanks again for all your positive suggestions and concerns for the welfare of the forum and of us percipients.

Grandpa Doug

#44681 - 11/30/02 09:30 PM Re: technics kn7000
Sparky Offline

Gee Doug,
That was really nice of you. Glad to see that is old hat now. And I didn't think you had me in mind. I wondered just a bit but tried to see it with an open mind. I simply expressed my feelongs towards the whole issue. I was bored. haha. Often times I write or talk when I am bored.
As far as joining the two boards at the cord, wow. haha But if one of them gets pregnaunt, I want one of them babies!
And you are very welcome about my concern. I do like to help out when I can. I remember when I first found this forum. It was when I got my technics. 6500 was my 1st decent board. And I remember being in need of info with the manual being so brief, and getting fast and good help! That was wonderful. But I knew jack about it and couldn't offer anything back. As a man who has pride and doesn't like to take anything if I can't do something in return, I ended up turning towards other ways I could help out on the forum. Instead of technical issues directly with the kn's. It all adds up to me being greatful for this forum being here. It has become less and less useful as I learn more about my 6500, but still as enjoyable. I like to think, I have a place here now. Even though I have not made myself a favorite here. hehe. But you know, I can swallow my pride quite easy when I need to. And things have a way of smoothing out with time. As you have surely showed me with your last post. Thanks again! I will just look at it as a lesson learned. I do realize my approach was not the best. And very poor about the sequencer. One can't change the past. But one can avoid the same mistakes. haha Anyways,,, I think I am just talking to hear myself talk at this point. LOL So I am going to bed. haha
Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online