SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#446633 - 02/16/18 05:47 AM vocal singing isn't a main concern for Yamaha Pl
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

....actually that is a quote from Donny today when he is referring to the vocaliser in the Genos as compared to the TC Helicon on the Korg arrangers.
I daresay this hits the nail right on the head. Now it is always hazardous to generalize and would therefor be misleading to state that there are no outstanding vocalists using a Yamaha arranger keyboard but it has struck me as well that overall you come across (gigging) vocalists that want to feel a real band backing them up hence they often opt for the PA4X or even Ketron , whereas more often than not those whose forte are instrumental songs (whether at home, on stage or wherever) tend to choose for the CD quality sound of the Yamama arrangers. I guess Shakespeare would have summarized all this by stating:
"Cantare o non Cantare" that's the question/issue, as to the choices of a Korg or Yamaha. Needless to say you can't go wrong with having either brand, either as a motl or as a totl arranger......

regards
John

#446641 - 02/16/18 06:21 AM Re: vocal singing isn't a main concern for Yamaha Pl [Re: john smies]
Dnj Offline

cool2

#446660 - 02/16/18 09:51 AM Re: vocal singing isn't a main concern for Yamaha Pl [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Anybody here, other than me, have used the Genos vocalizer?

Seems like, regarding the Genos VH2(or whatever it’s called) it’s a lot of hearsay and he said, she said.

I would suggest those of you wondering to try out the Genos system.

😊

#446664 - 02/16/18 10:48 AM Re: vocal singing isn't a main concern for Yamaha Pl [Re: guitpic1]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By guitpic1

Seems like, regarding the Genos VH2(or whatever it’s called) it’s a lot of hearsay and he said, she said.

😊

Actually, after you wrote about it last time, I went ahead and tried it.
As you said: it is very good. And if this was my only choice I would definitely use it.
However, I have the TC Helicon Voice Live3 with lots of my own custom settings.
The TC is still a tad better.
But the Genos one is certainly not bad at all.
Eric

#446667 - 02/16/18 11:10 AM Re: vocal singing isn't a main concern for Yamaha Pl [Re: Eric, B]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Eric, B
Originally Posted By guitpic1

😊

Actually, after you wrote about it last time, I went ahead and tried it.
As you said: it is very good. And if this was my only choice I would definitely use it.
However, I have the TC Helicon Voice Live3 with lots of my own custom settings.
The TC is still a tad better.
But the Genos one is certainly not bad at all.
Eric

Eric that is my point when you pay $5k for a Kb the VH2 feature better be THE BEST and you should NOT have to go spend even more on an external VH unit?.....Vocals are the most important part of my show always has been I wont stand for "not Bad at all" maybe in a home setting it will suffice but on stage NO WAY! Im glad you got a TC for vocals ...you obviously understand what I mean....

Take care buddy!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online