SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#446022 - 02/06/18 11:38 AM Yamaha Style for Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog?
Beakybird Offline

It was the top song of the year when it came out. Any suggestions? L

#446023 - 02/06/18 11:40 AM Re: Yamaha Style for Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog? [Re: Beakybird]
Dnj Offline

I would use a 60s rock style but use the Stop button too....almost like a jail house rock type of verse if you wanted to do it with a style......but this is the kind of song a SMF would work better with all the stop & go parts to get an original feel and play on top of it and sing...

Edited by Dnj (02/06/18 12:32 PM)

#446024 - 02/06/18 12:06 PM Re: Yamaha Style for Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog? [Re: Beakybird]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
I'm not sure if I remember the song as it was, but at Genos maybe 60's BlueEyedSoul could be a starter.
Rise tempo and adjust some here for own liking could make it work?
But I can be totally wrong....... old mind and slow body.

This file is a conversion to T4/T5 found at the PSR forum.
PianoPop is Genos as is.
Addede SoulSupreme I think is closest. From PSR Convert T4/T5

Attachments
60sBlueEyedSoul.S458.STY (117 downloads)
60sPianoPop.T550.zip (27 downloads)
SoulSupreme.T161.zip (24 downloads)

Edited by Gunnar Jonny (02/06/18 02:29 PM)
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#446027 - 02/06/18 01:25 PM Re: Yamaha Style for Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog? [Re: Beakybird]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The song is Joy To The World. The style I used is the PSR-950 60s Rock & Roll, second intro, "A" variation for the opening, then switching to the "C" variation for the bridge, tempo of 150.

"Joy to the World" is a song written by Hoyt Axton, and made famous by the band Three Dog Night. The song is also popularly known by its opening lyric, "Jeremiah was a bullfrog". Three Dog Night originally released the song on their fourth studio album, Naturally in November 1970 and subsequently released an edited version of the song as a single in February 1971.

The song, which has been described by members of Three Dog Night as a "kid's song" and a "silly song", topped the main singles charts in North America, was certified gold by the RIAA, and has since been covered by multiple artists.

The song is featured prominently in the film The Big Chill. It is sung by a child character at the beginning and the Three Dog Night recording is played over the end credits.

It is also played at the end of every Denver Broncos home victory. Notable playings of this song after Broncos victories included then-Chicago Bears head coach Abe Gibron's singing along with the song in 1973; and at the end of Super Bowl XXXII, played at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego. It was also played at the end of Super Bowl XXXIII at Pro Player (now Hard Rock) Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida and Super Bowl 50 in Santa Clara, California.

Joy to the World
Three Dog Night
Jeremiah was a bullfrog
Was a good friend of mine
I never understood a single word he said
But I helped him a-drink his wine
And he always had some mighty fine wine
Singin'

Joy to the world
All the boys and girls now
Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea
Joy to you and me

If I were the king of the world
Tell you what I'd do
I'd throw away the cars and the bars and the war
Make sweet love to you
Sing it now

Joy to the world
All the boys and girls
Joy to you and me

You know I love the ladies
Love to have my fun
I'm a high life flyer and a rainbow rider
A straight shootin' son-of-a-gun
I said a straight shootin' son-of-a-gun

Joy to the world
All the boys and girls
Joy to you and me

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#446028 - 02/06/18 01:33 PM Re: Yamaha Style for Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog? [Re: Beakybird]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
One of the Funk/Soul type styles on the Korg works well. If I can get of this jail I could look it up and maybe something similar on Yamaha.

#446029 - 02/06/18 01:57 PM Re: Yamaha Style for Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog? [Re: Beakybird]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Oh well, I see I did not hit exactly.... styles may be useful for other purposes, maybe.
I've almost forgot about Three Dog Night, not everyday on the radio anymore.
I'll take a closer look to see what to find. No guarantee for success. smile

Added another in post above .... all may need some tweaking.

Edited by Gunnar Jonny (02/06/18 02:31 PM)
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#446038 - 02/06/18 05:36 PM Re: Yamaha Style for Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog? [Re: Beakybird]
Dnj Offline

After all this I hope to hear the final version sung and played in what ever way is chosen?

#446061 - 02/07/18 05:42 AM Re: Yamaha Style for Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog? [Re: Dnj]
Beakybird Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
After all this I hope to hear the final version sung and played in what ever way is chosen?

Let's see if I can get it to work. Thanks for the style suggestions. I think using the stop button is ideal.

#446064 - 02/07/18 06:10 AM Re: Yamaha Style for Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog? [Re: Beakybird]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Beakybird
Originally Posted By Dnj

Let's see if I can get it to work. Thanks for the style suggestions. I think using the stop button is ideal.

Larry I know you will do well with it..glad I could help ...good luck.

#446065 - 02/07/18 06:12 AM Re: Yamaha Style for Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online