SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#446052 - 02/07/18 02:35 AM Going Forward..random thoughts
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
I find myself in the position of having three arrangers, one electric piano and of course, four different PA systems.

And the thing is, there isn’t a bad one in the bunch they are all good. But moving forward, it’s time to settle down with less and focus.

The arranger that I’ll go with will most likely be the Genos. I’d most likely try to sell the S970 and 4X. However, selling the S970 and 4X in my rural neck of the woods won’t be easy.

The PA most likely to go would be the SSV.3. It’s a wonderful amp but heavy now and no mic input that I need for my wife...and of course it’s designed to be a keyboard amp. And again, selling the SSV.3 won’t be easy.

I sure have moved fast, for me, on the latest and greatest equipment...keyboard wise.

But since I really just started keyboard a few years back, and I turn 69 today, I felt like I had to play catch up.

Five years back, I developed a tremor in my left hand which made playing guitar and mandolin difficult. My wife suggested keyboard..I think she regrets that now...7 or 8 arrangers later. 😊

But what real joy learning keyboard has been for me. Music is still my main love and gets me going each day.

Tx for listening.

😊

#446056 - 02/07/18 04:17 AM Re: Going Forward..random thoughts [Re: guitpic1]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
smile Thank you for sharing. Truth is, there is a joy in playing an arranger that no other type of instrument can give, quite like that. Of course, each one is great in its own right, guitar is wonderful, but only an arranger will give it ALL.

#446057 - 02/07/18 04:19 AM Re: Going Forward..random thoughts [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

good luck selling all that gear,.....I know the feeling on "weaning" yourself off being a "gear hoarder", been there done that and it feels sooooo good,.....and yes it does feel great to "lighten the load" with unused clutter. Just look around and say to yourself
"Why did I buy that? confused2 " I either used Ebay for a bigger audience or traded the unwanted gear asap as like a car every day is less money depreciation,... I hope your musical journey is fruitful...

Take care

Edited by Dnj (02/07/18 05:31 AM)

#446059 - 02/07/18 04:24 AM Re: Going Forward..random thoughts [Re: guitpic1]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
It’s hard to “thin the herd” from time to time. Make your choice and move on. You have a great setup... enjoy!! Oh, happy birthday!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#446076 - 02/07/18 09:06 AM Re: Going Forward..random thoughts [Re: guitpic1]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
We are much alike in many ways...I'm also lucky enough to also own S970 and PA4X (and PA900 to boot)... And in terms of rural areas, I reside in the part of FL referred to by many as "Southern Alabama", and often called the "Redneck Riviera" -- where if I dare say "I love arrangers" they are convinced that I hang out on dating sites.

Selling here is also tough tough tough.... I have always had to fork out Ebay commissions, PayPal fees, and shipping costs which inflict grave damage to the bottom line when I move a keyboard.

I know the Genos must be a joy! Have fun and best of luck deciding what to do with the 'herd'... We all know they are all great animals in the end....

Keep us posted!

Edited by saxxman (02/07/18 09:07 AM)

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#446120 - 02/08/18 12:46 AM Re: Going Forward..random thoughts [Re: saxxman]
guitpic1 Offline

Johnathan, Tx for the b-day greetings.

Tx all for the good comments.

#446143 - 02/08/18 07:29 AM Re: Going Forward..random thoughts [Re: guitpic1]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
guitpic ... Belated Happy Birthday ...
party

#446147 - 02/08/18 07:45 AM Re: Going Forward..random thoughts [Re: tony mads usa]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
guitpic ... Belated Happy Birthday ...
party

+1

I'm jumping in to join the choir ♯♫♫♪♪♫♪ cool grin
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#446151 - 02/08/18 08:27 AM Re: Going Forward..random thoughts [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

Happy Birthday !!enjoy

#446163 - 02/08/18 11:10 AM Re: Going Forward..random thoughts [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

Tx for the birthday wishes. The Genos makes for a nice birthday gift.

😁

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online