SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#44584 - 02/10/04 04:43 PM PROPOSED SYNTHZONE ARRANGER KB FRIENDS GET TOGETHER IN SAN JOSE, CA
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Feb 10th, 2004

Proposed Synthzone Arranger KB friends Get Together in: San Jose, CA

After discussing the idea with Scott Yee my friend and cross town neighbor, we've decided to present the idea of holding a SZ Arranger Keyboard member & friends get together in San Jose, California. Bebop lives in a mobile home community which includes a clubhouse available for holding special events. The only thing required of clubhouse management is that a cleaning deposit be made, and this expense be divided among the attendees (approx. $10 per person).

A two day event would be a terrific opportunity for Synthzone members arranger keyboard enthusiasts who live on the West Coast (and beyond) to meet, play music, and pick up arranger playing tips from one another. Scott who is a pro player, states that he might present a concert and possibly even host a keyboard workshop. Hopefully other pro players and/or dealers will participate and offer their expertise as well. Attendee keyboard jam sessions would be another highlight of the event, but the real draw of this get together is the opportunity to hang out with other arranger keyboard enthusiasts and furthering the friendships we've made with each other on the Synthzone forums (both the General Arranger and Technics keyboard forums). This get together is not arranger brand/model specific. All arranger keyboard enthusiasts are encouraged to attend.

We really would love to see this West Coast Synthzone Arranger Keyboard Event happen, but the only way it will is if there is enough real interest from people to actually attend. Scott & I have chosen two available weekend dates in 2004 that the clubhouse is currently available: The weekend of May 22nd & 23rd, and the weekend of September 11th & 12th. The reasoning for these date choices is because the first date is a week before Memorial Day, and the second falls the weekend following Labor Day, offering better travel convenience (air, car, train) and possibly lower lodging rates & increased availability. Our choice is May 22/23.

In addition to San Jose being centrally located, there are many wonderful tourist attractions within an easy drive: the beautiful Monterey Peninsula to the South, and San Francisco & the Wine Country to the North, and of course San Jose itself has many offerings as well.

I hope everyone here will seriously consider making a trip to Northern California for what promises to be a fun Arranger keyboard weekend for all, and the opportunity to enjoy the Bay Area as well.

If there is enough serious interest in attending (over 15 people) we'll take it to the 'next' level. Please let us know which of the above dates you would be able to attend.
We can accomodate up to 100 people in our clubhouse for a function.

Thanks,

BEBOP
SENIOR MEMBER SYNTHZONE FORUMS http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
ICQ # 562519
Email: bforrest@ix.netcom.com WEBSITE: http://www.anycities.com/bebop/

#44585 - 02/11/04 07:20 AM Re: PROPOSED SYNTHZONE ARRANGER KB FRIENDS GET TOGETHER IN SAN JOSE, CA
BEBOP Offline

HELLO??
Isn't anybody from the Techncis forum coming to our party??
We have 15 people including Nigel on the General Arranger Forum that have already committed to coming.
Come on Peeps, let's party. We will have a great time. Everyone is welcome. We have an international airport that all airlines fly into. We have a bay area of 9 counties with over 20 million people, 2 million in our county, 1 million in San Jose the third largest city in California. There are a million things to do here. We have great hotels, motels, RV parks, Campground, resturants. You name it we got it. The temps will be ideal in May. Come and meet the people you have been reading all this time. We will have a ball. Darn well guarantee it See ya here
We are waiting..................
Thanks
Bebop and Scott

#44586 - 02/11/04 01:11 PM Re: PROPOSED SYNTHZONE ARRANGER KB FRIENDS GET TOGETHER IN SAN JOSE, CA
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
I'm thinking pretty seriously about going If I can just stay out of the Poker Rooms. LOL

I couldn't contibute anything but a nutty sense of humor but I'm sure I could learn a lot and have some fun.

Has anyone thought of getting a hold of the Gem, Ketron, and Yamaha Reps and invite them. Would be great PR and exposure and they would have a good time as well.

Its too bad George Kaye is so far south I'm sure he would love to go and probably could be talked into bringing some new keyboards. Chances are he might even sell one or two.

Jerry

#44587 - 02/11/04 03:27 PM Re: PROPOSED SYNTHZONE ARRANGER KB FRIENDS GET TOGETHER IN SAN JOSE, CA
BEBOP Offline

Matt Royer Music World, My Technics Dealer in Las Vegas advised me by email today that He will attend our SynthZone Jam if he doesn't have to work or has a big promotion going on.
Great Matt, it will be good to have you here.
Thanks for your E
Best to you in VEGAS
Bebop

#44588 - 02/11/04 03:29 PM Re: PROPOSED SYNTHZONE ARRANGER KB FRIENDS GET TOGETHER IN SAN JOSE, CA
musicworldmatt Offline

Loc: Las Vegas, NV, USA
I would like to attend, as long as I can pry myself away from the store that weekend. I'll have to check to see if we have any large sales promotions planned for that time.

Matt
Las Vegas

#44589 - 02/12/04 11:01 AM Re: PROPOSED SYNTHZONE ARRANGER KB FRIENDS GET TOGETHER IN SAN JOSE, CA
BEBOP Offline

I just peeked into the same posting we have on the General Arranger Forum what a difference. There are over 60 posts there. There are 15 committed to coming and about 20 more possibles. I guess maybe we should change the name of this gathering to the General Arranger Forum Jam, as there does not appear to be any interest here
Here is the shortcut to the GA posts of 2 pages already in 2 days. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/008391.html
Bebop

#44590 - 02/14/04 01:47 PM Re: PROPOSED SYNTHZONE ARRANGER KB FRIENDS GET TOGETHER IN SAN JOSE, CA
BEBOP Offline

due to the lack of interest here I am only posting in this topic in the General Arranger Forum.
Go there and get my address so that you can mail your check to me for your reservation and time slot.
The format is outlined there.
Bebop

#44591 - 02/17/04 04:08 PM Re: PROPOSED SYNTHZONE ARRANGER KB FRIENDS GET TOGETHER IN SAN JOSE, CA
BEBOP Offline

I have now received the first two $10.00 checks for the SynthZone Jam on May 22/23. So.......the first two time slots are now taken. See all the details in the General Arranger Forum if interested.
Best to all
Bebop

#44592 - 02/18/04 03:33 AM Re: PROPOSED SYNTHZONE ARRANGER KB FRIENDS GET TOGETHER IN SAN JOSE, CA
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hiya Bill
If I can get a decent priced flight ticket I'll be over - fabulous idea
Roger Mepstead from the U.K.

#44593 - 02/19/04 02:12 PM Re: PROPOSED SYNTHZONE ARRANGER KB FRIENDS GET TOGETHER IN SAN JOSE, CA
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RMepstead:
Hiya Bill
If I can get a decent priced flight ticket I'll be over - fabulous idea
Roger Mepstead from the U.K.

That will be super great Roger. We will really look forward to meeting and hearing you. I have two Keyboards if you don't want to bring yours on the plane. K7 and K6
Stay in touch
We also have Mike coming from Spain and Walt Roberts from New Mexico beside a lot of locals. It is going to be great.
I just received a reply and confirmation from DNA up the Road a tad in Fremont, CA, coming with his SO. Welcome to you all. I think we must be up to 25 by now. Good start. Room in my clubhouse for 75 more.
All Y'ALL Come, HEAR!!!
Best to you and yours
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 02-19-2004).]

#44594 - 02/20/04 03:27 PM Re: PROPOSED SYNTHZONE ARRANGER KB FRIENDS GET TOGETHER IN SAN JOSE, CA
BEBOP Offline

I have just now received 10.00 from both Nigel and Kerry and also from Tom G. Scott Yee and I are also paid up. (I got my allowance yesterday
That makes 4 people that are paid to date and have the first 4 choices of time slots for either Saturday or Sunday for whatever you want to do, (that is legal
Let me know your preferences of a time slot and what you will be doing in your half hour.
Best to all
Bebop

#44595 - 02/21/04 05:07 PM Re: PROPOSED SYNTHZONE ARRANGER KB FRIENDS GET TOGETHER IN SAN JOSE, CA
BEBOP Offline

Saturday Feb 21
Attendees paid and confirmed for SynthZone Jam to date
1. BILL FORREST (BEBOP) N. CA. ANY TIMESLOT
2. SCOTT YEE (SY) N. CA. SAT AFTER LUNCH
3. TOM GRIGLOCK N. CA. ANY TIMESLOT
4. NIGEL SPENCER AND WIFE KERRY CA. S. CA. ANY TIMESLOT
5. ERIC AND CLAUDIA BOTT S. CA ANY TIMESLOT
6. HAN LUKITO N. CA ANY TIMESLOT
7. Cliff Anderson San Jose Area, Sat 2 PM
8. Scott Yee, N. Calif. Second check sent in
9. Roger Mepstead. UK. any timeslot
10. Boo Hargis Colorado. Any time slot.
WE NEED 5 MORE PAID TO CONFIRM THE DATES
S IS SOUTHERN N IS NORTHERN CA IS CALIFORNIA
BEBOP

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 02-24-2004).]

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 03-01-2004).]

#44596 - 02/23/04 03:00 AM Re: PROPOSED SYNTHZONE ARRANGER KB FRIENDS GET TOGETHER IN SAN JOSE, CA
RMepstead Offline

Hiya Bill
Looks like I can get a return flight for around £250.00 sterling so providing my missus doesn't start a lavish life style I should be able to attend....
I'll post you the deposit...is $10 about £5.375 sterling by your reckoning?
Roger M

#44597 - 02/23/04 07:48 AM Re: PROPOSED SYNTHZONE ARRANGER KB FRIENDS GET TOGETHER IN SAN JOSE, CA
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RMepstead:
Hiya Bill
Looks like I can get a return flight for around £250.00 sterling so providing my missus doesn't start a lavish life style I should be able to attend....
I'll post you the deposit...is $10 about £5.375 sterling by your reckoning?
Roger M

HI Roger,
That is great that you will make it over for the synthzone jam. We shall look forward to seeing you here.
The exchange rate settled on Friday at 1.8560 according to Barrons Tables so your calculations are pretty close. Close enough for Jazz as we say.
I will be watching the mail for your deposit.
Thanks for joining us,
You should try to fly into San Jose when you get to New York as San Francisco is 50 miles north of here, through cross town traffic all the way.
Best to you and yours,
Bebop

#44598 - 02/23/04 10:36 AM Re: PROPOSED SYNTHZONE ARRANGER KB FRIENDS GET TOGETHER IN SAN JOSE, CA
BEBOP Offline

This morning I received a confirming email from Cliff Anderson in the San Jose area that he is coming and has already mailed his check.
This is great Cliff, you are really welcome.
Cliff has a new keyboard to show us too
Get your checks in the mail. The time slots are filling up
Best to all
Bebop

#44599 - 02/24/04 08:00 PM Re: PROPOSED SYNTHZONE ARRANGER KB FRIENDS GET TOGETHER IN SAN JOSE, CA
BEBOP Offline

Well, people it begins to look like I will be the only person at this SynthZone Jam that owns a Technics Keyboard. I will just leave it at home and not tell anyone I have it.
Roger Mepstead is coming all the way from the UK. He can play my KN7000 so he won't have to bring his.
I will just take the Yamaha PSR9000, along with the Motion Sound KP200s Stereo Sound System. People will be interested in this new Stereo Keyboard Amp.
I hadn't realized that I was the only one in Northern California that bought Technics Keyboards but with the local dealers asking 5950.00 it is not a wonder to me they didn't sell any.
OH WELL
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 02-25-2004).]

#44600 - 02/25/04 04:38 AM Re: PROPOSED SYNTHZONE ARRANGER KB FRIENDS GET TOGETHER IN SAN JOSE, CA
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Sorry Bill,

There's just no way I can get there. I don't have the vacation time it would take and I have cruise planned for May 1st which will use up what I have. Beside I couldn't bring the piano along.

I did wonder what ever happened to the event that was being discussed in Florida though. It just kind of died.

I hope it turns out well.
Heather

#44601 - 02/26/04 11:28 AM Re: PROPOSED SYNTHZONE ARRANGER KB FRIENDS GET TOGETHER IN SAN JOSE, CA
BEBOP Offline

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/008487.html
this will now be the General Arrangers Forum Jam.
no members of the Technics Forum have been confirmed, and very few have voiced interest. I don't get it but I don't question it either.
Thanks to all
Bebop

#44602 - 02/26/04 03:57 PM Re: PROPOSED SYNTHZONE ARRANGER KB FRIENDS GET TOGETHER IN SAN JOSE, CA
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bebop,

I am sure there are many of us that would like to attend your Jam in Cal but there are restictions for myself and I am sure others. I think the main restriction is cost. If I were retired with the big bucks I would be there.

I would love to meet and shake the hand of the many members of this great forum.

I think the idea of localized members Jam would attract a greater attendance, followed by a national Big Jam for those that could attend.

California is started....Florida is in embro.

Fran in Florida

#44603 - 03/01/04 08:06 PM Re: PROPOSED SYNTHZONE ARRANGER KB FRIENDS GET TOGETHER IN SAN JOSE, CA
BEBOP Offline

HI ROGER
Got your check today and delighted you are coming all the way from the UK to San Jose to the SynthZone Jam.
We are going to have a good cross section of instruments and players here and it should be a big success.
We now have enough people confirmed to go forward with this project. I hope there might be some Technics people there besides just you and me. Maybe over time others will decide to join us. I still have room for a few more players
Just get your check for $10.00 in the mail to me to confirm your spot
Bebop

#44604 - 03/08/04 06:02 AM Re: PROPOSED SYNTHZONE ARRANGER KB FRIENDS GET TOGETHER IN SAN JOSE, CA
RMepstead Offline

Hiya Fran
You'd better make Florida later in the year to give me a chance to save up again....after San Jose...!
Best wishes
Roger M

#44605 - 03/11/04 07:40 PM Re: PROPOSED SYNTHZONE ARRANGER KB FRIENDS GET TOGETHER IN SAN JOSE, CA
BEBOP Offline

I just got two of those 10 pound sterling banknotes from Roger Mepstead (UK),in the mail today to go towards the SynthZone Jam here in San Jose on May 22 and 23.
I will go to the bank tomorrow and convert them. I think that might give you a total of around 40.00 USD Roger so you could have 4 time slots for performing or whatever you want to do.
I will make any of my 4 technics keyboards available to you, so just bring your software. Oh, you could bring Sammi-Lu to sing for us to. That would really be great. She is one fine vocalist. I love her/your work.
I still have open slots for this gig if anyone here in the technics forum is interested. Just get your check in the mail and plan on coming over for a lot of fun and meeting a lot of SynthZone Members
Best to all
Bebop

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online