SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#446605 - 02/15/18 04:28 PM Re: Update Bose S1 Pro [Re: harosha]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By harosha
Thanks! I am looking to get two of these for sure. These will be used with Korg Pa4x, as well as guitar amp modeller (Line6 Helix) which has quite a few stereo patches.
I think I might just give these a try. Everything I have been reading and seeing on youtube has been great.

Why would you get two of those when for the price on one you could get a Yamaha 400i . More power, 8b'woofers vrs. 6", more inputs and controls, and it has a really nice wheeled case to move the two pieces in. Many other choices similiar to this too.
I guess i just don't get the mystique of Bose. I've heard a number of them live and they just don't impress me much. Compressed bass and if cranked up harsh highs.

Edited by Bill Lewis (02/15/18 04:36 PM)

#446606 - 02/15/18 04:43 PM Re: Update Bose S1 Pro [Re: travlin'easy]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Lets see now, the last time I looked at that Roland, the speakers were touching each other, so there really is no stereo separation there.

When you plug into the mono plug of all of the keyboards I've owned, the left and right channels are automatically connected together, thereby summing the sounds to a single output, which also combines the effects.

So the only beneficiary of stereo would be the player if he or she is monitoring themselves using the onboard speaker system of the keyboard. Or, an audience if there were two speakers spaced wide apart.
Think we've had this discussion several times and no one every seems to agree. wink

Gary cool

Gary
Maybe a factor your overlooking. "In the right situation" stereo will also give a depth to your sound. Meaning not everything will be up front in your face like mono. I've done tons of jobs where mono was all you could do but again ,in the right situation, you will sound bigger, fuller and more natural in stereo.
Not that many of our audiences will know why it sounds better but it will.
Why do we listen to music at home or in our cars "in stereo" ?
OK ,like Donny, I'm out !!!

#446607 - 02/15/18 06:09 PM Re: Update Bose S1 Pro [Re: guitpic1]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I will chime in again... smile

Smart folks know that stereo is better...why? Because today's better samples are sampled in stereo... and all quality effects are in stereo..

Playing a sampled stereo sound as mono.... you can bet on phase cancellation... maybe you can't hear it but it is there.. grin

Who in their right mind wants to hear a Rhodes piano without the phaser or delay in stereo. shocked

I missed the early post that must have been deleted, but if you referred to the BA330 as speakers next to each other...WRONG!!..They are angled and definitely create a stereo image... You will hear movement on each side..

If you always run stereo you will not lose content and yes the whole room can hear the stereo...

If you always run mono...... you lose all around smile

I was seriously considering the Bose S1Pro.... but after listening to demos and talking with folks that own or used the Bose... and the same folks own the BA330... the comparison in loudness, bass response and overall quality of sound...they all say BA330 is better..

I am almost ready to order another BA330 (replace the one Donny got from me..}

$150 less for the Roland almost makes it a bargain.. and I know it will cover 100 people...
I heard quotes that the Bose is idea for 20 to 40 people..

#446609 - 02/15/18 06:16 PM Re: Update Bose S1 Pro [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

Fran I also miss the BA330... Should of kept it for sure... cry

Edited by Dnj (02/15/18 06:17 PM)

#446619 - 02/16/18 01:50 AM Re: Update Bose S1 Pro [Re: montunoman]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By montunoman
Originally Posted By guitpic1
Harosha,

I had a PA4X. I thought the S1 sounded great with the 4X.

Do you like the Bose S1 as much with your new Genos? Some say the Korg does well in mono while the Yamaha sounds much better in stereo.

I’m using the S1 primarily at home right now with the Genos. I run left/right from Genos to the S1.

To me Genos+S1 = gorgeous sound

And, by the way, 15lbs...nice. 😊

Edited by guitpic1 (02/16/18 01:56 AM)

#446620 - 02/16/18 02:02 AM Re: Update Bose S1 Pro [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
guitpic1 Offline

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny

I had a PA4X..

Ahhh, PA sold and you've become a 'Yammie guy'. Congrats. smile
Did you feel any regret when PA went out off the door?
keys

The 4X is a great keyboard. But I can’t justify three arrangers. And keeping the S970 as a back up to the Genos made more sense to me.

You will hear lots of comments pro & con Genos vs PA4X...pay particular attention to the folks who own(or owned) them and play them. Others are just speculating.

#446626 - 02/16/18 05:05 AM Re: Update Bose S1 Pro [Re: guitpic1]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
... You will hear lots of comments pro & con Genos vs PA4X...pay particular attention to the folks who own(or owned) them and play them. Others are just speculating.

Yes, it's two different beasts and both are top class arrangers, no doubt.
My tought about it is that at the end it boils down to very personal taste and ease of use.
My plan was to add PA4X-76 to T4, but that plan went right to h¤#&%¤ when got the Genos in house. crazy
I'm not going to return it, but new plan is to add a PA(?) later this year.
Enjoy and have lots of fun with your new Genos.
keys
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#446632 - 02/16/18 05:45 AM Re: Update Bose S1 Pro [Re: guitpic1]
Crossover Offline

There are a lot of excellent STEREO options for around 500 bucks instead of 1000 with a low weight, which my female muscles like:

- JBL Eon 206p (posted above, I own them now)
- 2x FBT J5a
- HK Nano 300 or 302.
- 2x db K300.
- Bose Sounddock 10 (only available 'used').

I'm quite sure they all have higher SPL than the Bose S1 Pro.

#446674 - 02/16/18 12:55 PM Re: Update Bose S1 Pro [Re: Crossover]
guitpic1 Offline

Originally Posted By Crossover
There are a lot of excellent STEREO options for around 500 bucks instead of 1000 with a low weight, which my female muscles like:

- JBL Eon 206p (posted above, I own them now)
- 2x FBT J5a
- HK Nano 300 or 302.
- 2x db K300.
- Bose Sounddock 10 (only available 'used').

I'm quite sure they all have higher SPL than the Bose S1 Pro.

Bose S1 Pro = $599.

There are a lot of great amps for small venues out there...not many of them weigh 15lbs or less

Edited by guitpic1 (02/16/18 12:56 PM)

#446676 - 02/16/18 01:21 PM Re: Update Bose S1 Pro [Re: guitpic1]
Crossover Offline

That's why I marked "stereo". A stereo pair of Bose S1 is $1,200. Even though I like Bose a lot, that's steep for the SPL.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online